or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The OCBD collar roll thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OCBD collar roll thread - Page 4

post #46 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAnton View Post
BBBF are also sized like girl clothes, i.e., 1, 2, 3, etc. Each size corresponds to one -- and one only -- neck size, body cut and sleeve length.
Girl clothes? Come on. It's also the way euro RTW shirts are sized. Perhaps, due to your long stay in Bespokistan, you have forgotten. The BBBF sizing system in particular, however, is borrowed from TB's main line.
post #47 of 305
I am used to shirts having at least two size parameters, and sometimes three.
post #48 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post
It's also the way euro RTW shirts are sized.
Uhm, nein.

European masurements are derived from the neck measurement in cm, usually 38-46. Shoulder and sleeve measurements are adjusted accordingly, or else listed separately.
post #49 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling Gillette View Post
Uhm, nein. European masurements are derived from the neck measurement in cm, usually 38-46. Shoulder and sleeve measurements are adjusted accordingly, or else listed separately.
BBBF is the same. For ex, I am a euro 40 and a BBBF 3, I think. Each size corresponds to a single set of measurements, which may or may not be given or listed anywhere. The only difference is that the euro gradients mark the neck size while the BBBF system is more abstract.
post #50 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAnton View Post
I am used to shirts having at least two size parameters, and sometimes three.
I would like two or three as well, but those euros settle for much less. Just glancing at the German ebay, for instance, shows their dress shirts listed by neck size, but arm length may be noted as longer or shorter -- that's it. Specific arm lengths in dress shirt sizing is apparently one of our unique Freedoms, but I think younger guys are increasingly accustomed to buying dress shirts sized like American casual shirts J Crew dress shirts are now sized S, M, L. Same with H&M and Polo Rugby. I'm not saying that this is good. I'm just noting that it is happening. Shirt sizing may go the way of sock sizing in the end.
post #51 of 305
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAnton View Post
BBBF are also sized like girl clothes, i.e., 1, 2, 3, etc. Each size corresponds to one -- and one only -- neck size, body cut and sleeve length.

You are jealous because you can't wear it.

To paraphrase our leader, if the BBBF cut fits you, it is a great shirt.
post #52 of 305
Thread Starter 

Nice roll on that collar PG - it is more towards Vox's Barba shirts though than to the old Am-er-ican look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post

That is a insanley cool photo, so I forgive you for not buttoning the collars.
post #53 of 305
Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody explain how my BB collar (pictured below) differs from the one Vox posted from the "glory days" of BB? It has no collar interlining and is pretty thin.

I bought this one last fall.

post #54 of 305
I find the BBBF to be a little shorter (especially the sleeves) and squarer than the BB Slim Fit. The shoulders are narrower and the armholes are higher. For my body type, I prefer the BB Slim Fit. The materials and construction seem equal and I prefer the slightly longer collar roll.

Also, not a fan of the weird round flap in the front shirt tail and the locker tag on the neck. I wouldn't mind a third back collar button, though. Anyone still make those?
post #55 of 305
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Also, not a fan of the weird round flap in the front shirt tail and the locker tag on the neck. I wouldn't mind a third back collar button, though. Anyone still make those?

From what I understand, Mercer and CEGO both will do that.

I have a few older LE shirts with the back collar button. Not sure if the current ones have it.
post #56 of 305
Not OC but my 2 favorite collar rolls.

T&A


Borrelli


My OC's are just the newer Brooks nothing special.
post #57 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I find the BBBF to be a little shorter (especially the sleeves) and squarer than the BB Slim Fit. The shoulders are narrower and the armholes are higher. For my body type, I prefer the BB Slim Fit. The materials and construction seem equal and I prefer the slightly longer collar roll.

Also, not a fan of the weird round flap in the front shirt tail and the locker tag on the neck. I wouldn't mind a third back collar button, though. Anyone still make those?

I don't agree that regular BB shirts are as good as BBBF shirts. I purchased a few of BB Slim Fit OCBDs and had to return all of them,almost every single one of them had a defect. Also,the fabric is not as good as BF shirts.BB Slim fit does fit me slimmer though.
post #58 of 305
I'm sure you're right, forex. The BF oxford cloth is a little thicker and the buttons nicer. I've had the opposite experience with construction, though, as I've got a couple blown out seams on the BF and no problems with the mainline stuff. Maybe it's just luck.

Nice Borrelli jamesbond.
post #59 of 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I find the BBBF to be a little shorter (especially the sleeves) and squarer than the BB Slim Fit. The shoulders are narrower and the armholes are higher. For my body type, I prefer the BB Slim Fit. The materials and construction seem equal and I prefer the slightly longer collar roll.

Also, not a fan of the weird round flap in the front shirt tail and the locker tag on the neck. I wouldn't mind a third back collar button, though. Anyone still make those?

Gitman Vintage have the back button, but the collars have really stiff fused lining.
post #60 of 305
I am wondering why nothing RL has shown up in this thread. It seems to me that the PL Cameron is a decidedly better shirt than most everything being mentioned in this thread and can be purchased several times a year on sale for just north of $200.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The OCBD collar roll thread