or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › C&J shell cordovan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C&J shell cordovan? - Page 2

post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade
I have no doubt I'd wear them often if I had them. Which I don't, so it's moot. But I'll keep my eye on GVH in case others pop up.
They keep popping up.

I think these render my CT Loake boots redundant, so I guess I will be selling those...
post #17 of 29
Good to know, thanks, j.
post #18 of 29
There better not be anyone of you here that wears a 10.5. I want those damn it! If only I had known they were cordovan, I would have snapped them up when I had first seen them.
post #19 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
There better not be anyone of you here that wears a 10.5. I want those damn it!
If only I had known they were cordovan, I would have snapped them up when I had first seen them.

That would be me. but i already got one.

I also got the boots with the buckles on the top, but will probably flip those. I prefer the shell cordovan pair a bit more.
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
That would be me. but i already got one.

I also got the boots with the buckles on the top, but will probably flip those. I prefer the shell cordovan pair a bit more.
I almost picked up a pair of the top buckle boots, but the soles seem way too thick, and you will almost never be showing off the buckles, nor do they serve a real purpose. I still think they're cool, but I'm convincing myself I don't need them.
post #21 of 29
Roddy Piper is the man.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronik
Roddy Piper is the man.
Yeah, but that's actually a picture of me during my John Carpenter phase. I was heavy into synths at the time too.
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
I almost picked up a pair of the top buckle boots, but the soles seem way too thick, and you will almost never be showing off the buckles, nor do they serve a real purpose. I still think they're cool, but I'm convincing myself I don't need them.

I have them. They look like they mean business. Seriously
DEFINITELY size down half size though.
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
I have them. They look like they mean business. Seriously
DEFINITELY size down half size though.

I have them as well, and echo the sizing down advice. They shine up nicely. The soles are very thick.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeters
I have them as well, and echo the sizing down advice. They shine up nicely. The soles are very thick.

Mine don't shine well at all but it does not mattyer, adds to their character. And I did not shine down which resulted in a lot of breaking-in pain for me.
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Mine don't shine well at all but it does not mattyer, adds to their character.

Mine needed a substantial dose of leather moisutrizer prior to shining. I was extremely surprised at how quickly the boots soaked it up.
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeters
Mine needed a substantial dose of leather moisutrizer prior to shining. I was extremely surprised at how quickly the boots soaked it up.

Err... my situation was a wee bit more complicated; I ended up treating them as I used to break-in my army boots because they were killing me. See here http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=570
post #28 of 29
Thread Starter 
That treatment is no joke.
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpeters
That treatment is no joke.

HEHE, I can now wear them. Worked like a charm. But that contributed to the difficulty in shining.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › C&J shell cordovan?