Just have them resoled.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion Last post on 3/25/12 at 12:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 6/28/15 at 4:25pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 628post #9406 of 1325011/4/12 at 6:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9407 of 1325011/4/12 at 6:56amJohns & Pegg shooting jacket, bespoke 40 R/L
Good price on a William Evans tweed jacket
Lobb for Aston Martin trainers
Longmire dress set
Tanner Krolle glasses case
Chester Barrie suit in an interesting twist on PoW - 41R
NOS Grenfell trench
Good price on a Brioni cashmere coat
Lovey Finnigans case
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPERB-VINTAGE-FINNIGANS-CHOCOLATE-BROWN-SUITCASE-DRESSING-CASE-/121012638236post #9408 of 1325011/4/12 at 7:59ampost #9409 of 1325011/4/12 at 10:29ampost #9410 of 1325011/4/12 at 11:28ampost #9411 of 1325011/4/12 at 11:36ampost #9412 of 1325011/4/12 at 11:59ampost #9413 of 1325011/4/12 at 12:03pmpost #9414 of 1325011/4/12 at 12:27pmpost #9415 of 1325011/4/12 at 12:40pmpost #9416 of 1325011/4/12 at 12:44pmQuote:
Leather heels with rubber corners were unknown until the late 50s. Until then it was either all rubber heels (for cheap shoes) or all leather heels (for luxury shoes and bespoke). Unfortunately the corner of an all-leather heel wears down in next to no time, hence the need to protect the heel with strategically placed nails (a row all around the heel and a second row in the outside corner was a quite frequently used configuration).
The seller states the shoes were made in the early 90s (and the presence of three Royal Warrants confirms that they cannot have been produced before the 70s). At this time the heavily nailed heel would have been replaced by the “1/4 rubber” heel. don’t know why Lobb reverted with these shoes to a more ancient method of heel construction. Maybe the customer asked for it.
I agree, the placing of the nails wasn't to the highest standards in this particular case.
As an aside, Edward Green produced the early RLPL shoes (late 90s) with all leather heels and 110 or so nails (presumably at RL’s request), but they didn't come like that for very long. For all I know, punters might have fallen on their backside and complained, so the specification was changed.post #9417 of 1325011/4/12 at 1:17pmpost #9418 of 1325011/4/12 at 1:40pmpost #9419 of 1325011/4/12 at 1:45pmpost #9420 of 1325011/4/12 at 2:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
Nice Sulka Tie
I kopped it! Thanks for the heads up!
- Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
Currently, there are 1037 Active Users (170 Members and 867 Guests)
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Navy/Blue Flannel Trousers 8 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 16 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 24 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 29 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 29 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 34 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 34 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...