or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 576

post #8626 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post

They are C&J
+1
post #8627 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

+1

From the page quoted above "Ralph Lauren Lines, And 'Who Makes What' - A Definitive Guide" :

PRL with 'Ralph Lauren' in script, followed by "Made In England" - Edward Green
PRL with 'Ralph Lauren' in block letters, followed by "Made in England" - Crockett & Jones
RLPL 'Made in England' - Edward Green

Can someone explain me why the would be C&J, what am I missing?
post #8628 of 12484
For Shit's sake, it is RIDICULOUS that these are still available...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221077881348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221077882163?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Norvegese stitched Shell Lattanzi's retail in the $10K area. These are just amazing. The shell is from another planet.

Besides, Distinctive is a long-time & well-respected SF member. Make him an offer or miss out (I WISH they were an 8.5)
post #8629 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMaximex View Post

From the page quoted above "Ralph Lauren Lines, And 'Who Makes What' - A Definitive Guide" :
PRL with 'Ralph Lauren' in script, followed by "Made In England" - Edward Green
PRL with 'Ralph Lauren' in block letters, followed by "Made in England" - Crockett & Jones
RLPL 'Made in England' - Edward Green
Can someone explain me why the would be C&J, what am I missing?

The RL labeling is not the best indicator of the maker. The sizing labeling (style, font, etc) is the actual indicator. You'll see the sizing script used on these is the same as the RL Marlow (made by C&J) as well most BB Peal & Co made by C&J.
post #8630 of 12484
post #8631 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post

The RL labeling is not the best indicator of the maker. The sizing labeling (style, font, etc) is the actual indicator. You'll see the sizing script used on these is the same as the RL Marlow (made by C&J) as well most BB Peal & Co made by C&J.
Yes' and in other words it helps if you've seen EG and CJ shoes as they look quite different and in particular as mentioned the manufacturer labelling on the inner side of shoe is fairly obviously consistent with CJ and not EG
post #8632 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

For Shit's sake, it is RIDICULOUS that these are still available...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221077881348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221077882163?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Norvegese stitched Shell Lattanzi's retail in the $10K area. These are just amazing. The shell is from another planet.

I know wink.gif


spam[1].gifspam[1].gifspam[1].gif

Ahem.
post #8633 of 12484

Quote:

Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post


Yes' and in other words it helps if you've seen EG and CJ shoes as they look quite different and in particular as mentioned the manufacturer labelling on the inner side of shoe is fairly obviously consistent with CJ and not EG

 

Well, they're good enough for me, and at that price I am not complaining. A bit of cleaning and they will be fine.

post #8634 of 12484
I agree!
post #8635 of 12484

I will post a photo after they have arrived and I've cleaned them up...

post #8636 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

I will post a photo after they have arrived and I've cleaned them up...

uppers look pretty good to me. Suede is TOUGH
post #8637 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post


The RL labeling is not the best indicator of the maker. The sizing labeling (style, font, etc) is the actual indicator. You'll see the sizing script used on these is the same as the RL Marlow (made by C&J) as well most BB Peal & Co made by C&J.

 

Who would you say made these?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #8638 of 12484
post #8639 of 12484
I thought for a moment that these were a calfskin Lindrick Style boot, turns out they are just $600 Loake Burford Boots at BB .

tinfoil.gif

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=522&Product_Id=1720441&Parent_Id=1032&default_color=DARK-BROWN&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null
post #8640 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Who would you say made these?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








C&J
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II