or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 311

post #4651 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Guy writes his descriptions like he's selling to women and/or drafting a Wikipedia article.

It's a tough read for sure.
post #4652 of 13040
Why on earth is the BIN the same as the starting bid? confused.gif Why not just do BIN?
post #4653 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Why on earth is the BIN the same as the starting bid? confused.gif Why not just do BIN?

because there are people who might be silly enough to do the starting bid...
post #4654 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

I hate the way she positions the shoes in her photos and I emailed her about it.

interesting.
post #4655 of 13040
post #4656 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

FRATELLI BORGIOLI SUEDE ANKLE BOOTS 10

If this was a size 9 my 6 month search would have been over ffffuuuu.gif
post #4657 of 13040
I know, those are nice. Wish they were 12/13
post #4658 of 13040
Seller calls them a US 10 but I bet they're an EU 10 - almost 13" long.
post #4659 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post

Seller calls them a US 10 but I bet they're an EU 10 - almost 13" long.

Not even an EU 10. An ITALIAN 10. Probably 1 1/2 sizes up to US size... 11 1/2.
post #4660 of 13040
That makes sense - I have an old pair of Costume National boots that are in Italian 8 and they fit US 9.5
post #4661 of 13040
An interesting end to two auctions I was watching... same seller

BNIB w/ trees Lobb Becketts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130581961407?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

BNIB w/ trees Lobb Garnier
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130581979494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

Both black both Prestige line. 8000 vs 7000 lasts

Garnier's ended an hour and a half later almost $200 more. I assume it was more due to the timing of the auctions as opposed to the difference in shoes?
post #4662 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Why on earth is the BIN the same as the starting bid? confused.gif Why not just do BIN?

In days gone by you could only achieve international visibility by listing an auction- so most people would list a BIN with auction starting price a penny cheaper.
Not sure if that rule still applies.
post #4663 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Not even an EU 10. An ITALIAN 10. Probably 1 1/2 sizes up to US size... 11 1/2.

this is correct. they are a US 11.5
post #4664 of 13040
post #4665 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyare View Post

An interesting end to two auctions I was watching... same seller
BNIB w/ trees Lobb Becketts
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130581961407?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413
BNIB w/ trees Lobb Garnier
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130581979494?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1413
Both black both Prestige line. 8000 vs 7000 lasts
Garnier's ended an hour and a half later almost $200 more. I assume it was more due to the timing of the auctions as opposed to the difference in shoes?

No mystery here. Bidder A***k lost the first auction with a high bid of $720. 90 minutes later, he was more determined (and willing to pay more) to win the other (last) pair of Lobbs. He was much more aggressive and went up to $900 this time. AND... LOST once again. To a totally different buyer.

Tough luck for this fella. It feels like crap to come in 2nd 2 times in a row. If only...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II