or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 281

post #4201 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Brioni $28,000 Briefcase

A work of art.
post #4202 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Brioni $28,000 Briefcase

Damn thats baller.
post #4203 of 13040
post #4204 of 13040
Can someone please explain to me why some sellers raise the price of a item after it did not receive any bids? confused.gif
post #4205 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Can someone please explain to me why some sellers raise the price of a item after it did not receive any bids? confused.gif

Because if it's only going to get one bid because it has narrow appeal, they want it to be at a good price. When they had the price low, they were hoping for a bidding war.
post #4206 of 13040
Ah, that makes sense. But is still frustrating. mad.gif
post #4207 of 13040
Aubercy bespoke - 10E vintage black

Cheap BIN, high shipping
post #4208 of 13040
post #4209 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post

Can someone please explain to me why some sellers raise the price of a item after it did not receive any bids? confused.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post


Because if it's only going to get one bid because it has narrow appeal, they want it to be at a good price. When they had the price low, they were hoping for a bidding war.

Right - they don't want to sell it for less than the opening bid. E.g., recently an item had an opening bid of $5999 and had no bids. He relisted it at $7499 or BO - clearly hoping that someone will offer 10% less and he'll get his money. Or something.: sly:
post #4210 of 13040
Question for Dunhill experts (Stephen?)

What questions can I ask the seller so as to be assured this item is authentic as opposed to fake (and I have bought fake Dunhill on Ebay previously)? Are there serial numbers associated with this item? Thanks.

Dunhill saddle tan wallet/notebook:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunhill-saddle-leather-wallet-note-book-/170698248603?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&hash=item27be68919b

Here's the same item offered by a different seller:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/amazing-dunhill-notebook-tan-leather-new-and-original/88042742
post #4211 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander View Post


A work of art.

... or G*d's way of saying that you have too much jack.
post #4212 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLESTUDENT View Post

Question for Dunhill experts (Stephen?)

What questions can I ask the seller so as to be assured this item is authentic as opposed to fake (and I have bought fake Dunhill on Ebay previously)? Are there serial numbers associated with this item? Thanks.

Dunhill saddle tan wallet/notebook:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dunhill-saddle-leather-wallet-note-book-/170698248603?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&hash=item27be68919b

Here's the same item offered by a different seller:

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/amazing-dunhill-notebook-tan-leather-new-and-original/88042742

Ohhh I'm not too sure with regards to authenticity on Dunhill bits. If you want my honest opinion - I would say the auction you posted is definitely genuine. Especially with the type of leather and emboss. I've never seen a fake Dunhill notebook before. The box is consistent with Dunhill items I've purchased from the store.
post #4213 of 13040
Thanks for your insight, Stephen.

Steven (USA and with a v)
post #4214 of 13040
These definitely aren't shell cordovan.

I contact the buyer and wrote, "What leads you to describe these as shell cordovan? They sure look like calf."

He wrote back. "OK." and didn't change the listing.

So... vigilante justice?
post #4215 of 13040
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post

These definitely aren't shell cordovan.

I contact the buyer and wrote, "What leads you to describe these as shell cordovan? They sure look like calf."

He wrote back. "OK." and didn't change the listing.

So... vigilante justice?

No use trying to make people change their behavior. In the end, the educated buyer ALWAYS does better than the ignorant one. Sellers are selling, and sometimes honor & honesty doesn't matter to them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II