or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 25

post #361 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
You think so? I was looking at the ripples in the first pic and for sure I thought shell... did I pay a ripoff price if it was calf?

It's really hard to tell from the pictures but I certainly think so. I'll just say $129 is a decent price for that model in shell so let's hope they are.
post #362 of 12581
Tons of blue Duckie Brown for Florsheim PTB's available on ebay from GVH.

There are also red and silver suede loafers as well.

All garish to me, but somebody might like. Myself, I think I am going to spring for Navy MacNeils later this summer.

edit: some direct links.

Blue PTB's - size 9.5

Oxblood (Red) Suede Loafers - size 9.5
post #363 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
what you think H man? Shell or no?
i actually think they could be. the color and the patina-ing (sorry if i get the terminology wrong) are reminiscent of shell to my eye. but i would be more inclined to trust distinctive's opinion - he has far more experience with shell than i do.
post #364 of 12581
Santoni goodyear size 12 $370 BIN or offer: http://cgi.ebay.com/725-SANTONI-GOOD...item3a5a67caf1 She also has some sweet Norvegese Sutor's.
post #365 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
I just won these Brooks loafers for $129... pretty sure they are shell.. calling the experts here, are they? Not a bad price, I thought..
Sorry, not shell. Nice shoes all the same.
post #366 of 12581
Nice JM Weston black Chelsea boots in a size 9.

Weston Chelseas

I just rolled the dice with these Westons, not great pictures, but she sent me sole picks by email and I'm hopeful they are in acceptable shape. Otherwise, she will take returns. I'm happy to try out my first pair from this brand.

Westons
post #367 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZRM View Post
I just rolled the dice with these Westons, not great pictures, but she sent me sole picks by email and I'm hopeful they are in acceptable shape. Otherwise, she will take returns. I'm happy to try out my first pair from this brand.

Westons

So you're the jerk who sniped me with 4 seconds left
post #368 of 12581
Yeah, that was me. OK, I have a serious question for you. Why bid with 15 minutes left in the auction? If you had not bid, I would have likely bid lower than the final cost in the last few seconds, and you would have gotten them for $150 (actually like $127, because with only that 0 feedback guy showing interest, I was going to bid $125). Once I saw a serious bidder I reassessed how much I wanted to spend, and came back with a snipe (by hand, I don't trust sniping software). Why show your cards like that? Anyway, sorry, I'll PM you if they don't fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whusurdadi View Post
So you're the jerk who sniped me with 4 seconds left
post #369 of 12581
Where is RJman?
post #370 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZRM View Post
Yeah, that was me.

OK, I have a serious question for you. Why bid with 15 minutes left in the auction? If you had not bid, I would have likely bid lower than the final cost in the last few seconds, and you would have gotten them for $150 (actually like $127, because with only that 0 feedback guy showing interest, I was going to bid $125). Once I saw a serious bidder I reassessed how much I wanted to spend, and came back with a snipe (by hand, I don't trust sniping software). Why show your cards like that?

Anyway, sorry, I'll PM you if they don't fit.

I usually do manual snipes also, with 7 seconds left, but it was late friday afternoon and I had to run out, so I figured the 0 feedbacker had a low bid and because of the wonderful pics, no "serious" bidder would try, so I took a shot on them...I'm my own worst enemy
Please let me know if they don't work for you!!
Thanks,
post #371 of 12581
Just curious, why manual snipes? Not reliable or do not trust them (auction sniper, eSnipe, gixen, etc)? I've used successfully various services (e.g free trials or time limited), now I'm using a free one, usualy with 7 seconds before the end.
post #372 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post
Just curious, wh manual snipes? Not reliable or do not trust them? I've used successfully various services (e.g free trials or time limited), not I'm using a free one, usual with 7 seconds before the end.

I usually use auctionsniper.com - I had forgotten to do it earlier, and just ran out of time...
post #373 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post
Santoni goodyear size 12 $370 BIN or offer:

http://cgi.ebay.com/725-SANTONI-GOOD...item3a5a67caf1

She also has some sweet Norvegese Sutor's.

No doubt - check out these bad boys!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1100-SUTOR-MANTE...item3a5a5fc04b
post #374 of 12581
Quote:
Originally Posted by whusurdadi View Post
So you're the jerk who sniped me with 4 seconds left

Ive got the same shoe (I think) same size, same color (I think) in my aucs right now... at only $9.99

post #375 of 12581
I saw that there were two pairs up at once in a 12.5 which seemed unlikely and I was worried that one was a scam using pictures from the other. But from the sole shots it's pretty certain that they are different shoes. The lining seems pretty worn on that second pair, and there is that split along the welt, though anywhere near that price I suppose you could send them back for reconstruction and get out ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Ive got the same shoe (I think) same size, same color (I think) in my aucs right now... at only $9.99

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II