or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 137

post #2041 of 12484
Glaser Designs 20" square duffel
post #2042 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

What an idiot...I sent him a nice message
post #2043 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
How come these shoes are new without box ?

Edit : Description says worn 4-5 times

It was an honest mistake. I listed about 30 new pairs of shoes and forgot to change it.

I can't believe someone just reported it....

The new listing is HERE. Now $379 shipped
post #2044 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
What an idiot...I sent him a nice message

Looks like they are subs.

I think he is more dishonest than an idiot.
post #2045 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post
good question. "New without box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) that is not in original packaging or may be missing original packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached. For example, new shoes (with absolutely no signs of wear) that are no longer in their original box fall into this category. "
even that is a particularly strict definition. a good bit of the clothes sold in full retail B&M's as new have been used and worn - ie, tried on. when does a shoe go from "new" to used"? once its been tried on? once its been worn outside? I think it's 100% common for shoe stores to sell you shoes that have been tried on by previous customers, but they still count as "new"
post #2046 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by makewayhomer View Post
even that is a particularly strict definition. a good bit of the clothes sold in full retail B&M's as new have been used and worn - ie, tried on.

when does a shoe go from "new" to used"? once its been tried on? -- NO once its been worn outside? PROBABLY IF IT'S SCUFFED UP I think it's 100% common for shoe stores to sell you shoes that have been tried on by previous customers, but they still count as "new" - RETAILERS WILL KNOCK OF 10% FOR SHOP WEAR, E.G., EXCESSIVE CREASING, SCUFFS.

Also, it's clear that Boris just overlooked the listing description - something that's very easy to do in eBay's cumbersome listing mechanism and which I've done myself.
post #2047 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by marin View Post

Black leather
post #2048 of 12484
post #2049 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post
Also, it's clear that Boris just overlooked the listing description - something that's very easy to do in eBay's cumbersome listing mechanism and which I've done myself.

oh yeah I wasn't placing blame on him, I was more pointing towards ebays rules as being a bit off
post #2050 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
It was an honest mistake. I listed about 30 new pairs of shoes and forgot to change it.

I can't believe someone just reported it....


Agreed, that was low

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
Looks like they are subs.

I think he is more dishonest than an idiot.

They are subs so even though his "retail" price is more than twice what they cost (and his asking price more than actual price from the store), they would be much much less. He is obviously confused on Lobb London vs. Lobb Paris (which these are). They aren't bespoke and even if they were custom, alligator cost 12k so ostrich can't be more than 7k. Dishonest is probably more accurate (or maybe ignorant).
post #2051 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post
Looks like they are subs.

I think he is more dishonest than an idiot.

Actually (I only learned this last month) with Lobbs I think the "S" stands for sale rather than subs. "R" stands for Rejects.
post #2052 of 12484
great shoes. But I still love designer nike air max best.
post #2053 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

"The reason for selling these unworn masterpieces is due to recent financial shortages."

Do you think the recent financial shortage has anything to do with the fact that they were "Recently purchased in the Paris store for $13,000"
post #2054 of 12484
Since I'm not flipping stuff anymore, I have a lot to add to this thread. If I start seeing this stuff relisted on eBay, I won't post it anymore. Unmarked Shell Florsheims size 9E: Link Hanover Unmarked Shell Cordovan 9.5C. $30 BIN: Link
post #2055 of 12484
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
Since I'm not flipping stuff anymore, I have a lot to add to this thread. If I start seeing this stuff relisted on eBay, I won't post it anymore.

Unmarked Shell Florsheims size 9E: Link


Hanover Unmarked Shell Cordovan 9.5C. $30 BIN: Link

That is very kind of you. Let me know if you see anything 11/11.5! I was just taking a quick look myself and didn't see anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II