or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 828

post #12406 of 13725
^^^I have a pair of the Trembles in black marked 11.5 and a pair of the Rhus also 11.5, they fit me just about perfectly, a little snug in the width at first but they loosen up a bit over time.
post #12407 of 13725
Just wondered did Barneys sell them as UK 11 / US 12, whereas the box actually says 11.5UK/12 US My point is that their advertised size marking is out by 1/2 size! Great boots Heschung though, they don't get much love on SF I think ......
post #12408 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

Just wondered did Barneys sell them as UK 11 / US 12, whereas the box actually says 11.5UK/12 US My point is that their advertised size marking is out by 1/2 size! Great boots Heschung though, they don't get much love on SF I think ......

Speaking of Heschung, does anyone know if they do private label? I have some boots that I recently purchased that I suspect to be of French origin. Decent mid level goodyear welt construction, dovetail toplifts and nail patterns similar to that of several Northampton shoemakers, but completely unmarked with regards to country of origin and the size and serial stamps are unlike those that I am familiar with. 

post #12409 of 13725
The box I have doesn't reference a UK size, it says Eur 11.5/US 12.

Paraboot and Weston do Goodyear construction, not sure Heschung does, but I'm by no means an expert on French shoes.
post #12410 of 13725
good quality peccary gloves in many sizes was $450 now $135

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/accessories/gloves/
post #12411 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

good quality peccary gloves in many sizes was $450 now $135

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/accessories/gloves/

They are nice gloves, but the sizing is a little off, in Dents or Merola I take a 9/9.5 in the Barney's gloves I take a 10. The peccary skin is very supple and the linings are nice, so well worth the money. There are also some Chester Jeffries gloves that look good.
post #12412 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

good quality peccary gloves in many sizes was $450 now $135

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/accessories/gloves/
Pretty fantastic deal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post

There are also some Chester Jeffries gloves that look good.
+1. I have some Chester Jefferies carpincho gloves already, or I would definitely have grabbed a pair of those Barneys.
post #12413 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

Just wondered did Barneys sell them as UK 11 / US 12, whereas the box actually says 11.5UK/12 US My point is that their advertised size marking is out by 1/2 size! Great boots Heschung though, they don't get much love on SF I think ......

even that full size is less than actual. More like 1.5 size difference.
post #12414 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post


They are nice gloves, but the sizing is a little off, in Dents or Merola I take a 9/9.5 in the Barney's gloves I take a 10. The peccary skin is very supple and the linings are nice, so well worth the money. There are also some Chester Jeffries gloves that look good.

 

Strange. I found the opposite. 8 in Dents/ 7.5 in these Barney's. 

post #12415 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post


They are nice gloves, but the sizing is a little off, in Dents or Merola I take a 9/9.5 in the Barney's gloves I take a 10. The peccary skin is very supple and the linings are nice, so well worth the money. There are also some Chester Jeffries gloves that look good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockwellDay View Post
 

 

Strange. I found the opposite. 8 in Dents/ 7.5 in these Barney's. 

 

 

I'm thinking about getting those peccary gloves, but am not sure about the sizing, since there are apparently 100 ways to determine size, and even then it's still brand dependant. Have 9 in current calfskin gloves, but they feel a little loose.

Could you guys tell me your measurements? Preferably when measured like below.
Mine are 17cm/6.7" in length and 21cm/8.3" width.

post #12416 of 13725
^^^^ using that method my hands measure 9.5x8, and I took a 10 in those gloves.
post #12417 of 13725

Thanks for taking the time to measure!

Wanted to see how the sizing/measurements compare to other gloves lying around here was.
Only a size 8 was left in dark brown, and there was only one pair. So I decided to bite the bullet; just ordered them. We'll see :)
I did see there was a pair in size 9 at the regular Barneys site, but they were still $269 or so. Wonder what the idea behind putting size 8 on clearance, and keeping size 9 'just on sale' is...

post #12418 of 13725
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post

^^^^ using that method my hands measure 9.5x8, and I took a 10 in those gloves.

some great stuff in your sig
post #12419 of 13725
Thanks, trying to thin out the shoes that don't fit me well. It's gonna be a long process!
post #12420 of 13725
i hear yah. what else are you looking to move?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II