or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 813

post #12181 of 13221

OK, thanks for the reply and best of luck.  If they're too small for you I expect they would be for me too.

post #12182 of 13221
JL William BIN £299
post #12183 of 13221
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

JL William BIN £299

 

Those are tempting....

post #12184 of 13221
FYI...the Barbera suits on Yoox turned out to be Barbera Club
post #12185 of 13221
I have this same RLPL SC and love it. Made by Caruso and has more of an RLBL cut. Reasonable BIN--saw the same coat (used) sell on auction for around $600 almost exactly a year ago:


http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201005600756&globalID=EBAY-US
post #12186 of 13221
Some of the nicest shoes ever made in the US, unfortunately a tough size to fit. Perhaps for a 6D who likes a long sleek look? shog[1].gif





http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-Vintage-EDWIN-CLAPP-New-Englander-9-1-2-AAAAA-NOS-New-dress-shoes-/171189116939
post #12187 of 13221
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

Some of the nicest shoes ever made in the US, unfortunately a tough size to fit. Perhaps for a 6D who likes a long sleek look? shog[1].gif





http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940s-Vintage-EDWIN-CLAPP-New-Englander-9-1-2-AAAAA-NOS-New-dress-shoes-/171189116939

those are torture... especially for the wearer! 5A is just so typical of 1940's and earlier footwear.
post #12188 of 13221
PRL XL black velvet smoking jacket for $222 BIN. If this was L I would have jumped on it in a second. From SF member DieuEtLesDames :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XL-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Black-Velvet-Smoking-Jacket-Tuxedo-Rugby-RRL-Denim-Supply-/271351787147?pt=US_CSA_MC_Blazers_Sport_Coats&hash=item3f2dd3ae8b
post #12189 of 13221
post #12190 of 13221
Quote:

Nice find. Got one of these for my partner with trees for <$400 which was a screaming deal. Great looking shoes. This is still a good deal!
post #12191 of 13221
Edward Green footwear

$735 limited styles @ Stanley Korshak

https://www.stanleykorshak.com/sale-results/Men's/1/Shoes/6
post #12192 of 13221
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

those are torture... especially for the wearer! 5A is just so typical of 1940's and earlier footwear.

yep. I can only imagine the reason behind so many NOS shoes in such narrow widths is because virtually no one can wear such sizes so they remained unsold/unworn, or perhaps those who could wear such a size stocked up while the getting was good!
post #12193 of 13221
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgeek View Post

yep. I can only imagine the reason behind so many NOS shoes in such narrow widths is because virtually no one can wear such sizes so they remained unsold/unworn, or perhaps those who could wear such a size stocked up while the getting was good!

common misconception. Actually, MOST of the shoes from those eras (20's thru early 40's) were made in more narrow sizes. People had more narrow feet... and fit was KING here. Today, even at high end shoe stores, many people will measure foot size by length... but skip the width altogether. I was in Nordstrom and the salesman didn't even know how to work the width measurement on a brannock!
post #12194 of 13221
During high school is the 60s I started buying my own shoes. At that time I wore a 10.5A with a AAA heel.
post #12195 of 13221
BB Peal tan wingtips, 10D, new in box, channeled soles, BIN $224
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111240688601?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II