Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion Last post on 3/25/12 at 12:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 7/27/15 at 2:20pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 787
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11792 of 132778/23/13 at 7:44ampost #11793 of 132778/23/13 at 4:48pm
Heads up gents:
Robinson's Shoes in Ireland are having a significant sale of their Irish brogues.
I bought a pair earlier in the year and they are superb. Highly recommended, and an absolute bargain.post #11794 of 132778/25/13 at 8:55ampost #11795 of 132778/25/13 at 1:15pmpost #11796 of 132778/25/13 at 1:19pmpost #11797 of 132778/25/13 at 1:21pmpost #11798 of 132778/25/13 at 7:28pmpost #11799 of 132778/25/13 at 7:35pmpost #11800 of 132778/26/13 at 5:59amOne Borrelli and two Fray Shirts. Size 16. $40 BIN or best offer. (Note the short sleeve length -- probably about 32", given the shoulder measurement.)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200956936235?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2696wt_1241post #11801 of 132778/26/13 at 7:03amThis is an amazing deal and very rare find.
42R NWT Navy double breasted suit by Corneliani's Linea Sartoria line. This is Corneliani's handmade line (i.e. RLPL, Brioni level of quality).
Edited by othertravel - 8/26/13 at 7:15ampost #11802 of 132778/26/13 at 7:21amQuote:
That seller has very nice items regularly.
However, that suit isn't anywhere near Brioni/Isaia level of quality. Hard to tell exactly from the pictures, but there's no evidence of handwork and all the buttonholes are done by machine. From the tags and cut I would say it's slightly older, fully canvassed, padded shoulders. Still a very nice suit in a classic navy DB - but don't want someone to buy it expecting something it isn't.post #11803 of 132778/26/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by marblehouse
That seller has very nice items regularly.
However, that suit isn't anywhere near Brioni/Isaia level of quality. Hard to tell exactly from the pictures, but there's no evidence of handwork and all the buttonholes are done by machine. From the tags and cut I would say it's slightly older, fully canvassed, padded shoulders. Still a very nice suit in a classic navy DB - but don't want someone to buy it expecting something it isn't.
Thanks for the clarification. I know Linea Sartoria starts at the 3-4k range, so maybe Isaia level of quality?post #11804 of 132778/26/13 at 8:14amQuote:
Speaking about this suit specifically, the quality looks to be ~ Corneliani / Caruso mainline. I know LS suits were forum favorites some years back (Doc IIRC), but I think that was more because they were fully canvassed and sold new on the forum ~$250-$300.
I don't believe the construction level ever approached Isaia.
- Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
Currently, there are 1164 Active Users (193 Members and 971 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 13 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 29 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 35 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...