or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 731

post #10951 of 12479
I'm planning a trip to Tokyo and would like to hit some of these stores you gents are talking about; also the Meermin store there. But last time I was there, the shoe store I visited only had sizes up to about EU 42/US 9. Any idea whether these shops carry larger sizes, up to EU 44/45?
post #10952 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo and would like to hit some of these stores you gents are talking about; also the Meermin store there. But last time I was there, the shoe store I visited only had sizes up to about EU 42/US 9. Any idea whether these shops carry larger sizes, up to EU 44/45?

I´m a 44.5. Wear a 10.5 E in AE, 10.5 E UK in C&J, They don´t have my size at Trading Post in Fukuoka.  They have my size in Alden (10D) at big department stores. Not sure if that helps!


That being said,TP has up to 10 in AE, and should have the equivalent in other brands. They do tell me that they can order bigger sizes for me, and I´m guessing those would be from the stores in Osaka/Tokyo/Nagoya, so you might be in luck

post #10953 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo and would like to hit some of these stores you gents are talking about; also the Meermin store there. But last time I was there, the shoe store I visited only had sizes up to about EU 42/US 9. Any idea whether these shops carry larger sizes, up to EU 44/45?

Usually 43 is the largest you will find with some 44s, 45s are rare in nicer shoes. Isetan Men's in Shinjuku, and Washington in Ginza tend to have more 44s than the boutiques.
post #10954 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

I'm planning a trip to Tokyo and would like to hit some of these stores you gents are talking about; also the Meermin store there. But last time I was there, the shoe store I visited only had sizes up to about EU 42/US 9. Any idea whether these shops carry larger sizes, up to EU 44/45?

+1 for Isetan Men's

Meermin store in Tokyo:

Meermin Aoyama
Jingumae 5-51-3
Shibuya ku, Tokyo
TEL.03-6418-4891
post #10955 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

I´m a 44.5. Wear a 10.5 E in AE, 10.5 E UK in C&J, They don´t have my size at Trading Post in Fukuoka.  They have my size in Alden (10D) at big department stores. Not sure if that helps!

wow.gif
post #10956 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

I´m a 44.5. Wear a 10.5 E in AE, 10.5 E UK in C&J, They don´t have my size at Trading Post in Fukuoka.  They have my size in Alden (10D) at big department stores. Not sure if that helps!


That being said,TP has up to 10 in AE, and should have the equivalent in other brands. They do tell me that they can order bigger sizes for me, and I´m guessing those would be from the stores in Osaka/Tokyo/Nagoya, so you might be in luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Usually 43 is the largest you will find with some 44s, 45s are rare in nicer shoes. Isetan Men's in Shinjuku, and Washington in Ginza tend to have more 44s than the boutiques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcracker View Post

+1 for Isetan Men's

Meermin store in Tokyo:

Meermin Aoyama
Jingumae 5-51-3
Shibuya ku, Tokyo
TEL.03-6418-4891

I think I'm still going to be out of luck, as I need a US 11, which is usually EU44, but sometimes a little bigger.

Last time I was there, I stopped in a store that had Japan-made shoes. Can't remember the brand, unfortunately. The salesperson brought out the largest size he had, and we had a good laugh at how much smaller it was than my foot! At least he was nice about it.
post #10957 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


wow.gif

Meaning, Alden Barrie last is the only shoe that I can find my size in here. I have nothing against Alden, but it is one of many nice brands.

post #10958 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan88 View Post

Meaning, Alden Barrie last is the only shoe that I can find my size in here. I have nothing against Alden, but it is one of many nice brands.

Just call the stores and ask beforehand for your sizes (assuming you speak Japanese). Saves you a lot of frustration

generally 'Official' boutiques tend to carry sizes across the spectrum. ie JM Weston, John Lobb, Corthay etc... and if not, they can easy have it stocked for no charge.

I've talked to the manager at Maison Corthay in Aoyama before. He said they stock til size 10-1/2, but can have larger shoes up to size 14 shipped from France.


Select stores usually can't afford stocking sizes they can't sell. Bigger stores may have larger sizes available.

I know Strasburgo stores carry Edward Green up til size UK 11 / EU 45.
post #10959 of 12479
double post
post #10960 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post



I think I'm still going to be out of luck, as I need a US 11, which is usually EU44, but sometimes a little bigger.

Last time I was there, I stopped in a store that had Japan-made shoes. Can't remember the brand, unfortunately. The salesperson brought out the largest size he had, and we had a good laugh at how much smaller it was than my foot! At least he was nice about it.

Depending on the brand and style you may be in luck, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.
post #10961 of 12479
We're a tad off topic here guys.
post #10962 of 12479
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin View Post

We're a tad off topic here guys.

agreed. we need more links to good stuff! Kinda enjoy Fang's booby girl, tho.
post #10963 of 12479
Very much so ..... A Japan thread might be in order?
post #10964 of 12479
Well then, getting things back on track:

Cool old Thresher & Glenny tie:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THRESHER-GLENNY-EMERALD-GREEN-PURPLE-SILK-TIE-ROYAL-WARRANT-EXCELLENT-/390569365834

Dunhill travel humidor:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dunhill-Black-Leather-Travel-Humidor-/171017453464

Set of Aston Martin / Tanner Krolle cases:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aston-Martin-Luggage-genuine-Tanner-Krolle-/190819419809

Reissue Holliday & Brown ties:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holliday-Brown-English-Silk-Tie-/251254210079
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Holliday-Brown-English-Silk-Tie-/251254210062

Maffeis shirt, could be a good deal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emanuele-Maffeis-Sz-XL-Plaid-Flannel-Cotton-L-S-Shirt-Blue-Brown-Black-White-/111044296097

Asprey travel frames:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asprey-maroon-leather-travel-frame-/151021285641
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asprey-black-leather-travel-frame-/151021282563
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNIB-Asprey-Ascot-Calf-black-photo-sleeve-card-holder-leather-/140946485698

Dunhill frame briefcase:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dunhill-black-leather-briefcase-/171017573749

Decent Savile Row book:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Savile-Row-Illustrated-Hisory-1st-Edition-Excellent-Condition-/251254147740

Suede Alt Wein Budapesters:

http://www.ebay.at/itm/PHANTASTISCHER-BUDAPESTER-HANDARBEIT-ALT-WIEN-FULL-BROGUE-NEU-BOX-/181114255739

Stunning but crazy money Valextra crocodile case:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTH-VALEXTRA-CHOCOLATE-BROWN-ALLIGATOR-PREMIER-BAG-SPECIAL-ORDER-sac-borsa-/171017480508

Dunhill wallet:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dunhill-black-leather-wallet-/140946492011

Finningans infants vanity case

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Baby-Infants-Antique-Silver-1904-Faux-Ivory-Leather-Vanity-Travel-Case-/190819626907
post #10965 of 12479
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II