or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 722

post #10816 of 13222
Thats a bit harsh. The guy could have posted the link without mentioning he worked in the store and not aroused any suspicision that he was advertising. I respect his honesty and would give hime the benefit of the doubt, afterall it is his first post.
post #10817 of 13222
Cheap Kiton Vicuna shirt...

wink.gif
post #10818 of 13222
I'd buy these and resole them if they were my size:

EG for RLPL Oxfords
post #10819 of 13222
bought these for shits and giggles any chance for a restoration or a 2nd life?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151012577256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
post #10820 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

for president? (just kidding)

The nature of the beast when one is a seller is that QUESTIONS SHALL ARISE.

I see no reason why one should be offended or upset by this. A well respected member noted that he saw what he thought to be sighs of wear. I just noted that it is understandable to have those questions based on the corner fraying to the tags and tailoring. Seller responded and said the suit is new and unworn.

Anyone on this thread has seen hundreds of similar cases when the item in question actually WAS worn, and the posters here pointed it out (saving any potential buyer/SF member aggravation).
This time seller is being honest, apparently.

Business is business, and no personal affront is intended.

Well said. I am very surprised at all the blow back on my comment, especially considering that I only said that it does not look new to me.

I never said that a suit with pressing creases, hemmed pants, frayed tag, faded tag, altered jacket, altered waist could not possibly be NEW. foo.gif
post #10821 of 13222
Huge shout-out to marblehouse for his incredible generosity in offering up that Belvest. cheers.gif


Great BIN for bnwt RLPL cashmere cardigan XL

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=130870508382&globalID=EBAY-US
post #10822 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post

Thats a bit harsh. The guy could have posted the link without mentioning he worked in the store and not aroused any suspicision that he was advertising. I respect his honesty and would give hime the benefit of the doubt, afterall it is his first post.
his username is mr barnets
the shoe store name is barnets ...
post #10823 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

bought these for shits and giggles any chance for a restoration or a 2nd life?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151012577256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Sadly, not to wear. Cracking like that will be accelerated when worn on the street. Looks to have been sitting for years now. However, for the price you paid, I'd love to take a reciprocating saw to them and see what the construction was like.
post #10824 of 13222
His user name makes me suspicious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post

Thats a bit harsh. The guy could have posted the link without mentioning he worked in the store and not aroused any suspicision that he was advertising. I respect his honesty and would give hime the benefit of the doubt, afterall it is his first post.
post #10825 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

bought these for shits and giggles any chance for a restoration or a 2nd life?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151012577256?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I don't know what can be done about leather that's cracking from dryness. But I saw a review of dandy shoe care at permanent style and the leather treatment photos looked impressive. But I have never used them and have no idea as to price.

http://www.dandyshoecare.it/ENG/treatments.html
post #10826 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

I don't know what can be done about leather that's cracking from dryness. But I saw a review of dandy shoe care at permanent style and the leather treatment photos looked impressive. But I have never used them and have no idea as to price.

http://www.dandyshoecare.it/ENG/treatments.html

That site is amazing! I don't know if they can do anything for your shoes, but if anyone can it sure looks like they are the ones! Some of those shoes look nothing short of miraculous! I know my pops has been hanging on to a pair of alligator Brioni shoes with a few issues, although not as bad as those Lobbs, and I am going to email him about the Dandy Shoe Care place right now! Thanks for sharing that.
post #10827 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover View Post

That site is amazing! I don't know if they can do anything for your shoes, but if anyone can it sure looks like they are the ones! Some of those shoes look nothing short of miraculous! I know my pops has been hanging on to a pair of alligator Brioni shoes with a few issues, although not as bad as those Lobbs, and I am going to email him about the Dandy Shoe Care place right now! Thanks for sharing that.

It almost looks too good to be true.
post #10828 of 13222
Don't have the link but check the review by Simon Crompton at permanent style. Although he did not have leather treated for tears, the repatination of his Weston's looked amazing. I was thinking of having that done to a pair of my EG Windsors.
post #10829 of 13222
Great work, by Dandy Shoe Care. So, he's doing this all with dyes, creams and polishes?
post #10830 of 13222
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiloVance View Post

But I have never used them and have no idea as to price.

Nurulaeff quotes his prices on the web-site:
Quote:
Each case needs to be assessed individually, to decide the most suitable treatment. The main treatments we offer are:

SILVER: DEEP CLEANING AND CIRAGE (starting from € 20)
GOLD: DEEP CLEANING, CIRAGE AND GLACAGE (starting from € 30)
PLATINUM: REMISE EN FORME (starting from € 50)

The customer is charged for any shipping costs.

http://www.dandyshoecare.it/ENG/treatments.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II