or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 711

post #10651 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Zegna Limited Edition Iguana Shoes & Iguana Box

Why the stitching across the vamp? Just aesthetics or does it serve a functional purpose?
post #10652 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Vass Double Monks UK 9

JUST a .5 of a size too small. Blast!
post #10653 of 12965
And doesn't ship to NA mad.gif
post #10654 of 12965
post #10655 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by randob300 View Post

Why the stitching across the vamp? Just aesthetics or does it serve a functional purpose?

You could ask that question about the shoes as a whole. biggrin.gif
post #10656 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

And doesn't ship to NA mad.gif

I will always proxy for no fee smile.gif
post #10657 of 12965
post #10658 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

C&J Coniston US 11D in great condition, $250

Just be careful I sold my pair of 11Ds because they were like 11.5DUS.
post #10659 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Just be careful I sold my pair of 11Ds because they were like 11.5DUS.

nice boots. I WANT the ones in your avatar. Bestetti is a baaaad man.
post #10660 of 12965
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVANO-LATTANZI-BROWN-BESPOKE-PATINA-WING-TIP-HANDMADE-SHOES-/181083749722?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2a296ebd5a

Cobbler of your nightmares
post #10661 of 12965

Why would anyone with enough taste to buy Silvano Lattanzi shoes in the first place be stupid enough to take them to an ordinary cobbler and commit that crime against craftsmanship? The soles and heels would have to be taken off, immediately, and then hope that the cobbler who attached those products to those shoes did not ruin them beyond repair! That is sad!
post #10662 of 12965

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover View Post

Why would anyone with enough taste to buy Silvano Lattanzi shoes in the first place be stupid enough to take them to an ordinary cobbler and commit that crime against craftsmanship? The soles and heels would have to be taken off, immediately, and then hope that the cobbler who attached those products to those shoes did not ruin them beyond repair! That is sad!

Not to mention the seller is trying to pass them off as original soles - strongly implying that they are almost new.
post #10663 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post


Not to mention the seller is trying to pass them off as original soles - strongly implying that they are almost new.

I usually mind my own business on ebay, but I contacted her and suggested she get a proper sole put on. Explained that anyone who knows will definitely pass on a high bid in that condition. She was quite snarky and defensive, so I apologized and let it be. I seriously doubt anything can be done for them at this point. It looks like the blind cobbler may well have done damage to the welt. Looks like he added holes instead of using the ones already there. UUUUUGGGGGHHHHH. I'd probably pay $100 for them just to perform an autopsy. Never had the opportunity to band-saw some Lattanzia before.
post #10664 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover View Post

Why would anyone with enough taste to buy Silvano Lattanzi shoes in the first place be stupid enough to take them to an ordinary cobbler and commit that crime against craftsmanship? The soles and heels would have to be taken off, immediately, and then hope that the cobbler who attached those products to those shoes did not ruin them beyond repair! That is sad!
she probably thrifted them, cut corners on the refurbishment, and now wants top dollar for an "as-new" Lattanzi
post #10665 of 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

she probably thrifted them, cut corners on the refurbishment, and now wants top dollar for an "as-new" Lattanzi
THIS!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II