or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 701

post #10501 of 12630
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post



confused.gif
interesting...
post #10502 of 12630
^ was just about to post them. Also none of the markings suggest that it's an EG shoe. Additionally, the boots don't appear to have been resoled and yet they have a commando sole. I've never seen an EG with a commando sole, instead they use dainite or ridgeway
post #10503 of 12630

Actually, the boots featured in the auction are by Silvano Lattanzi.

EG made the same "City Polo Boot" (presumably an Asprey design) a season of two earlier in a burgundy pull-up leather (it was supposed to be shell cordovan, then this proved too expensive) and with a double leather sole

Lattanzi's version in tan with a Vibram sole came the next year. (I think, the SL version was a bit higher than the EG).

Here are the EG and SL versions side by side:

post #10504 of 12630
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post

Actually, the boots featured in the auction are by Silvano Lattanzi.

EG made the same "City Polo Boot" (presumably an Asprey design) a season of two earlier in a burgundy pull-up leather (it was supposed to be shell cordovan, then this proved too expensive) and with a double leather sole

Lattanzi's version in tan with a Vibram sole came the next year. (I think, the SL version was a bit higher than the EG).

Here are the EG and SL versions side by side:


never cease to amaze with your research!
post #10505 of 12630
^ you sir are amazing
post #10506 of 12630
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post



confused.gif

looks fishy to me
post #10507 of 12630
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ you sir are amazing

I ought to know, I even had the "City Polo Boot" copied as bespoke boots.



I know another forum member who also had the design copied (from a different source).
post #10508 of 12630
I think the VIbram soles should have been a dead giveaway. I have never seen EG use vibram soles like that, thick with the logo. Although great knowledge on all of your part above.
post #10509 of 12630
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ was just about to post them. Also none of the markings suggest that it's an EG shoe. Additionally, the boots don't appear to have been resoled and yet they have a commando sole. I've never seen an EG with a commando sole, instead they use dainite or ridgeway
did you kop?
post #10510 of 12630
who got the lattanzis? =)
post #10511 of 12630
post #10512 of 12630
post #10513 of 12630
post #10514 of 12630

Good price, but it would be nice to see more than just the stock photo. Very well could be 2nd's.
post #10515 of 12630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreigen View Post

Good price, but it would be nice to see more than just the stock photo. Very well could be 2nd's.

Says new with box. No reason not to trust the seller. Quite impressive prices actually.. McAllisters for 200..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II