Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion Last post on 3/25/12 at 12:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 11/29/15 at 2:54pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 695post #10411 of 134831/10/13 at 3:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10412 of 134831/10/13 at 3:36pmpost #10413 of 134831/10/13 at 8:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by 330CK
RLPL suede safari coat for $150 is back with OBO:
Need a proxy with this to Hong Kong. Any gents willing to help?
Please shoot me a PMpost #10414 of 134831/10/13 at 11:32pmpost #10415 of 134831/11/13 at 4:52ampost #10416 of 134831/11/13 at 6:18ampost #10417 of 134831/11/13 at 7:03ampost #10418 of 134831/11/13 at 7:18ampost #10419 of 134831/11/13 at 8:10ampost #10420 of 134831/11/13 at 8:17ampost #10421 of 134831/11/13 at 8:44ampost #10422 of 134831/11/13 at 10:28ampost #10423 of 134831/11/13 at 10:46amI know spoo will want this.
isaia coat with fox furpost #10424 of 134831/11/13 at 11:15amFlashback! to 12/13/10Quote:Originally Posted by F. CorberaQuote:
AMAZING Henry Poole mink-lined DB overcoatwith astrakhan collar!
The description doesn't say whose coat it was or date it, but Lucius Beebe was a regular at Poole, and from The New Yorker, 1937:
He has a good evening dress coat lined with mink and collared in astrakhan, which he has insured for $3,000, and an old rag also lined in mink, but with a sable collar, which didn’t seem worth the bother. The jewels necessary to set off this splendor, or else hold it together, include three gold cigarette cases (although he rarely smokes anything but cigars), valued at $700 each [in 1937 dollars], a cashmere sapphire cabochon ring worth $1,200, a single emerald stud at $500, and a platinum evening watch which cost $10,000.
which I found on http://www.dandyism.net/2008/04/26/steppin-out-with-my-beebe-luscious-lucius-part-two/; the original article requires subscription, but you can see it referred to (if you squint) near the bottom left (Believe it, Beloveds) of page 19 of this 1939 newspaper: http://newspaperarchive.com/lowell-sun/1937-11-26 and also referred to in this more legible 1939 newspaper article:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19390215&id=7vQaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KEwEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3675,6247379post #10425 of 134831/11/13 at 11:16amThie eBay seller has just listed a bunch of old Harrisons worsted flannels in a range of patterns / colours and weights:
- Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Currently, there are 1598 Active Users (327 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Need Help. New member. Long time reader :-) 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 14 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 15 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?