Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- J Crew Fall/Winter 2010 Discussion Last post on 3/25/12 at 12:38am in Streetwear and Denim
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 7/27/15 at 2:20pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II - Page 695post #10411 of 132791/10/13 at 3:33pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10412 of 132791/10/13 at 3:36pmpost #10413 of 132791/10/13 at 8:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by 330CK
RLPL suede safari coat for $150 is back with OBO:
Need a proxy with this to Hong Kong. Any gents willing to help?
Please shoot me a PMpost #10414 of 132791/10/13 at 11:32pmpost #10415 of 132791/11/13 at 4:52ampost #10416 of 132791/11/13 at 6:18ampost #10417 of 132791/11/13 at 7:03ampost #10418 of 132791/11/13 at 7:18ampost #10419 of 132791/11/13 at 8:10ampost #10420 of 132791/11/13 at 8:17ampost #10421 of 132791/11/13 at 8:44ampost #10422 of 132791/11/13 at 10:28ampost #10423 of 132791/11/13 at 10:46amI know spoo will want this.
isaia coat with fox furpost #10424 of 132791/11/13 at 11:15amFlashback! to 12/13/10Quote:Originally Posted by F. CorberaQuote:
AMAZING Henry Poole mink-lined DB overcoatwith astrakhan collar!
The description doesn't say whose coat it was or date it, but Lucius Beebe was a regular at Poole, and from The New Yorker, 1937:
He has a good evening dress coat lined with mink and collared in astrakhan, which he has insured for $3,000, and an old rag also lined in mink, but with a sable collar, which didn’t seem worth the bother. The jewels necessary to set off this splendor, or else hold it together, include three gold cigarette cases (although he rarely smokes anything but cigars), valued at $700 each [in 1937 dollars], a cashmere sapphire cabochon ring worth $1,200, a single emerald stud at $500, and a platinum evening watch which cost $10,000.
which I found on http://www.dandyism.net/2008/04/26/steppin-out-with-my-beebe-luscious-lucius-part-two/; the original article requires subscription, but you can see it referred to (if you squint) near the bottom left (Believe it, Beloveds) of page 19 of this 1939 newspaper: http://newspaperarchive.com/lowell-sun/1937-11-26 and also referred to in this more legible 1939 newspaper article:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19390215&id=7vQaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KEwEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3675,6247379post #10425 of 132791/11/13 at 11:16amThie eBay seller has just listed a bunch of old Harrisons worsted flannels in a range of patterns / colours and weights:
- Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
Currently, there are 1086 Active Users (197 Members and 889 Guests)
- › NWT 10D Tod's No_Code Crepe-Sole Suede Desert Boots 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › More Eidos Napoli Clearance Jackets 36, 38, 42, 44, 46 3 minutes ago
- › Seattle real estate 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 12 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...