So SLP is ripping off Jordan now?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2767post #41491 of 511701/28/14 at 3:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41492 of 511701/28/14 at 4:05pm
The BRED Saint Laurent are really dope and definitely reminiscent of Jordans. They came out with a Black and Royal version too.
I just picked up a Hyden Yoo overcoat from Gilt for $120. Was pretty happy with that since I was looking for a slimmer overcoat for awhile:post #41493 of 511701/28/14 at 4:15pm
Short answer kind of….
If ripping off Jordan is putting color on the toe box of the high tops they have been making for the last 3-4 seasons, but making them in Italy instead of China, and using butter soft leather instead of sub-par leather Nike uses these days. The outsole on Jordan 1s always match the secondary color, the all white here, and not quite so much red class the SLP version up quite a bit.post #41494 of 511701/28/14 at 4:23pmpost #41495 of 511701/28/14 at 4:42pmpost #41496 of 511701/28/14 at 4:43pmpost #41497 of 511701/28/14 at 5:34pmpost #41498 of 511701/28/14 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stackson
Short answer kind of….
If ripping off Jordan is putting color on the toe box of the high tops they have been making for the last 3-4 seasons, but making them in Italy instead of China, and using butter soft leather instead of sub-par leather Nike uses these days. The outsole on Jordan 1s always match the secondary color, the all white here, and not quite so much red class the SLP version up quite a bit.
sorry stackson, you can convince yourself of all the minutiae that is different than the Js but ultimately he ripped them off
hedi ain't a designer he's a hackpost #41499 of 511701/28/14 at 6:01pmpost #41500 of 511701/28/14 at 6:02pmpost #41501 of 511701/28/14 at 6:04pmQuote:
I know you like Nike Jet, I have the black and red Jordan 1s to compare. I don't need to convince myself of anything. A lot of designers steal their designs from the streets. Most of Hedi's releases are a compilation of his Dior days and his "take" on current urban street wear. So yes, these are a sleeker, better constructed version of the Jordan one.Quote:
No. The Balmains I have been contemplating on Luisaviaroma for awhile. When I saw them pop up on Matches for about 30% cheaper I jumped on them.post #41502 of 511701/28/14 at 6:18pmI like the 1s, my brother wore the royals in high school varsity basketball when they first came out I just don't go out and buy them because I won't wear them. They're a pretty blatant rip off though using signature colors.
That's all I have to say on the matter. I'm sure they're very nice but I stopped following ysl when hedi took over.post #41503 of 511701/28/14 at 6:39pm
I do prefer the shoe designs under YSL, love the Malibu. I was completely unimpressed by the first release of the SLP high tops, the leather felt stiff and cheap. The newest SLP release is much higher quality leather, otherwise I wouldn't have copped. I have 30 pairs of Nikes/Jordans so I appreciate their designs but the quality isn't what it used to be and much of the collection doesn't match my current style. It's obvious he choose these very specific colors for a reason, but that doesn't change the fact the shoes are nicely constructed.post #41504 of 511701/28/14 at 7:36pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...