So SLP is ripping off Jordan now?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 2:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2767post #41491 of 496271/28/14 at 3:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #41492 of 496271/28/14 at 4:05pm
The BRED Saint Laurent are really dope and definitely reminiscent of Jordans. They came out with a Black and Royal version too.
I just picked up a Hyden Yoo overcoat from Gilt for $120. Was pretty happy with that since I was looking for a slimmer overcoat for awhile:post #41493 of 496271/28/14 at 4:15pm
Short answer kind of….
If ripping off Jordan is putting color on the toe box of the high tops they have been making for the last 3-4 seasons, but making them in Italy instead of China, and using butter soft leather instead of sub-par leather Nike uses these days. The outsole on Jordan 1s always match the secondary color, the all white here, and not quite so much red class the SLP version up quite a bit.post #41494 of 496271/28/14 at 4:23pmpost #41495 of 496271/28/14 at 4:42pmpost #41496 of 496271/28/14 at 4:43pmpost #41497 of 496271/28/14 at 5:34pmpost #41498 of 496271/28/14 at 5:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Stackson
Short answer kind of….
If ripping off Jordan is putting color on the toe box of the high tops they have been making for the last 3-4 seasons, but making them in Italy instead of China, and using butter soft leather instead of sub-par leather Nike uses these days. The outsole on Jordan 1s always match the secondary color, the all white here, and not quite so much red class the SLP version up quite a bit.
sorry stackson, you can convince yourself of all the minutiae that is different than the Js but ultimately he ripped them off
hedi ain't a designer he's a hackpost #41499 of 496271/28/14 at 6:01pmpost #41500 of 496271/28/14 at 6:02pmpost #41501 of 496271/28/14 at 6:04pmQuote:
I know you like Nike Jet, I have the black and red Jordan 1s to compare. I don't need to convince myself of anything. A lot of designers steal their designs from the streets. Most of Hedi's releases are a compilation of his Dior days and his "take" on current urban street wear. So yes, these are a sleeker, better constructed version of the Jordan one.Quote:
No. The Balmains I have been contemplating on Luisaviaroma for awhile. When I saw them pop up on Matches for about 30% cheaper I jumped on them.post #41502 of 496271/28/14 at 6:18pmI like the 1s, my brother wore the royals in high school varsity basketball when they first came out I just don't go out and buy them because I won't wear them. They're a pretty blatant rip off though using signature colors.
That's all I have to say on the matter. I'm sure they're very nice but I stopped following ysl when hedi took over.post #41503 of 496271/28/14 at 6:39pm
I do prefer the shoe designs under YSL, love the Malibu. I was completely unimpressed by the first release of the SLP high tops, the leather felt stiff and cheap. The newest SLP release is much higher quality leather, otherwise I wouldn't have copped. I have 30 pairs of Nikes/Jordans so I appreciate their designs but the quality isn't what it used to be and much of the collection doesn't match my current style. It's obvious he choose these very specific colors for a reason, but that doesn't change the fact the shoes are nicely constructed.post #41504 of 496271/28/14 at 7:36pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 9 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Harris Tweed Pocket Squares Something New ? 6 minutes ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...