or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2766

post #41476 of 45087

a bunch of thick wool and wool/cashmere socks

post #41477 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post

Holy shit, my friend just sold a red cbr500r and thought that was it for a second.
haha I hope not because the dealer told me it was still in the crate a few days before I picked it up :P
post #41478 of 45087
bought some uniqlo slim fit OCBDs because I love wearing oxfords but my non slim fit uniqlos are all too baggy and i'm too much of a cheap ass to buy plain colored gitmans. also bought more uniqlo socks to get free shipping.
post #41479 of 45087

Mail day for sales shoes.

 

Buttero Oxfords

 

Common Projects Combat Boot

 

Common Projects Cadet Derby

 

I felt like I needed some smarter shoes instead of sneakers, and good some pretty good deals on these. I'm pretty happy with them if slightly worried about the synthetic soles on the CPs. The boots feel great but the Butteros might be half a size too big. I really like them though, and will try an insole to try to finalize the fit. I'm on the fence about keeping the derbies.

post #41480 of 45087

What size are Derby's?

I've been trying to find the high shine or cadet derby's on sale in a 44, as well as the training boots, all in black or burgundy (assuming they fit the same as achilles). If they are a 44 and you decide to part with them I'd be interested.

post #41481 of 45087
where2kop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonblaster View Post

Mail day for sales shoes.



Buttero Oxfords



Common Projects Combat Boot



Common Projects Cadet Derby

I felt like I needed some smarter shoes instead of sneakers, and good some pretty good deals on these. I'm pretty happy with them if slightly worried about the synthetic soles on the CPs. The boots feel great but the Butteros might be half a size too big. I really like them though, and will try an insole to try to finalize the fit. I'm on the fence about keeping the derbies.
post #41482 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post
 

What size are Derby's?

I've been trying to find the high shine or cadet derby's on sale in a 44, as well as the training boots, all in black or burgundy (assuming they fit the same as achilles). If they are a 44 and you decide to part with them I'd be interested.

They actually happen to be 44, but fit a bit bigger. I'm UK 10 in sneakers and these fit me just fine. It's actually funny, because I thought I ordered 43 on both CPs, and got ones that seem to fit me better. Got them at zalando-lounge.com. They do these runs with maybe 5 in each size with discount prices. I guess the guys in nordic countries don't go crazy about shoes so much, since I've usually been able to get what I want pretty easy. I'm in Finland, so I don't know how much shipping them would add to the price if I decided to let them go.

post #41483 of 45087

post #41484 of 45087
Yea my soles are getting replaced on my officer boots. The foam ones are super comfortable and light but they just dont feel like quality boots with them.
post #41485 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonblaster View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Mail day for sales shoes.



Buttero Oxfords



Common Projects Combat Boot



Common Projects Cadet Derby

I felt like I needed some smarter shoes instead of sneakers, and good some pretty good deals on these. I'm pretty happy with them if slightly worried about the synthetic soles on the CPs. The boots feel great but the Butteros might be half a size too big. I really like them though, and will try an insole to try to finalize the fit. I'm on the fence about keeping the derbies.

where did you get the CP combat boot?
post #41486 of 45087
OK, NO MORE CLOTHING FOR A YEAR

Nonnative
TrooperTrainerHiCowLeatherWhite1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1384900410


FUCT
9.jpg
2013awstyle39.jpg


Nike White Label
oki-ni-nsw-sweater-001-600x401.jpg

ColdSmoke
850_0004_900_0020_export__0001_Black-White-6-425x560.jpg
Edited by aether - 1/28/14 at 12:08pm
post #41487 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post

Yea my soles are getting replaced on my officer boots. The foam ones are super comfortable and light but they just dont feel like quality boots with them.

Please post how it goes, or have you read about someone who's done it? Is it just like re-soling any other boot? I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't be easy to do because of the material they used.

post #41488 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonblaster View Post
 

Please post how it goes, or have you read about someone who's done it? Is it just like re-soling any other boot? I'm thinking maybe it wouldn't be easy to do because of the material they used.

What do you mean the material? 

post #41489 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by einstine View Post
 

What do you mean the material? 

I mean the foam sole. Can a cobbler just switch it out to a more traditional sole? Because of the foam I associate them almost as much with sneakers as with boots.

post #41490 of 45087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonblaster View Post
 

I mean the foam sole. Can a cobbler just switch it out to a more traditional sole? Because of the foam I associate them almost as much with sneakers as with boots.

 

 

Yea, dont you notice the welt stitching.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II