Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2494post #37397 of 516338/7/13 at 10:08am
Just bought this pair from Paul Smith online. I'm a little bit worried because they're tapered fit which is something I don't wear often enough, so am not sure how they would fit. The worst would be baggy. I prefer mine to fit pretty slim to the body. Anyone has experience with tapered fit especially from PS?post #37398 of 516338/7/13 at 11:14ampost #37399 of 516338/7/13 at 12:58pmpost #37400 of 516338/8/13 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by confuseddasher
Just bought this pair from Paul Smith online. I'm a little bit worried because they're tapered fit which is something I don't wear often enough, so am not sure how they would fit. The worst would be baggy. I prefer mine to fit pretty slim to the body. Anyone has experience with tapered fit especially from PS?
Paul Smith will never be skinny their off the rack items are never slim. Skinniest width on hem would be 16-17cm I'm guessing.
New shit kickers: MMM painted Gatspost #37401 of 516338/8/13 at 5:38ampost #37402 of 516338/8/13 at 8:24ampost #37403 of 516338/8/13 at 11:46ampost #37404 of 516338/8/13 at 11:55ampost #37405 of 516338/8/13 at 12:41pmpost #37406 of 516338/8/13 at 3:41pmpost #37407 of 516338/8/13 at 5:56pmThis may be of some help to people who don't read the CM side much.
Regarding Kamakura shirts Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Shirts arrived today via USPS.
I ordered over the phone, which was pretty simple. I described the shirt I wanted and the size (I guess this was easier than providing the item code from the website). They asked for my number so that they could call me back after checking their stock. I received a call back within 10-15 minutes. This next call was when I provided the necessary details (payment/shipping information). There was a bit of miscommunication regarding my address, so I ended up sending those details in over e-mail. I was e-mailed a copy of my receipt, which I verified before they agreed to send the shirts out the next day. The person who helped me is named Aya and she was easy to work with.
Added bonus: there's a neat little stamp card included along with my receipt (in an envelop). 16 stamps gets you a shirt worth $79 and you receive a stamp for every $69 you spend.
On to the shirts:
I ordered 2 shirts to try. One dress and one OCBD. Both in Tokyo Slim 15 3/4 - 33 and I'm a US40.
- white broadcloth spread collar shirt (no pocket): Removeable collar stays included. This shirt is probably as slim as I dare go, as there's a hint of pulling if I purposely puff my chest out/arch my shoulders back. The collar shape seems nice enough and the sleeves are just right. Both of these are supposed to shrink over the course of the first few washes, which could be problematic for sleeve length. I don't mind darting at all, as most of the shirts I currently wear are darted.
- white OCBD (standard fabric): Compared to the other quality OCBD's I own (Epaulet, WvG), this feels to be lighter and smoother. This shirt is meant to be tucked and would need to be altered to be worn untucked. The collar is less pronounced than the older iteration of Epaulet shirts, but the shape is quite nice. Sizing was consistent with the broadcloth shirt, but could be more of a concern as oxford cloth seems to shrink more. I'll have to keep an eye on this.
In the end: I generally wear my OCBD's untucked, but I'll probably keep this one as well. I'll have to watch out for changes in measurements, but I intend to cold wash and hang dry. If the sizing doesn't work out for me after a few washes, I may consider trying the NY slim fit, or just getting a different sleeve length (if the sleeves are the only issue). If they do work out, I can see Kamakura as my go-to for workhorse dress shirts. I currently don't have to wear a suit and tie very often for work, so I can probably get by with stocking the basics for work/weddings/interviews/etc - white/blue/university stripe etc. Maybe I will splurge on one of the higher tier fabrics next time or consider MTO if necessary.
Hope this helps.
Also, SLP card holder arrived today. I was hoping the center slot would have more give as the outer slots can only comfortably fit 1 card each. I generally carry 4 cards total and doubling up the center slot is already cutting it close. Leather feels nice enough and the fit/finish seems solid. As an aside, Matches is the new king of packaging in my eyes - DHL pre-paid duty shipping arrived in 2 days too.post #37408 of 516338/8/13 at 5:58pmpost #37409 of 516338/8/13 at 10:44pmpost #37410 of 516338/8/13 at 11:24pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 17 minutes ago
- › WHERE ARE THE AFRICA MEMBERS ON THE CLASSIC FORUM?? 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 23 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts