Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2494
Styleforum Top Pickspost #37397 of 496118/7/13 at 10:08am
Just bought this pair from Paul Smith online. I'm a little bit worried because they're tapered fit which is something I don't wear often enough, so am not sure how they would fit. The worst would be baggy. I prefer mine to fit pretty slim to the body. Anyone has experience with tapered fit especially from PS?post #37398 of 496118/7/13 at 11:14ampost #37399 of 496118/7/13 at 12:58pmpost #37400 of 496118/8/13 at 4:00amQuote:Originally Posted by confuseddasher
Just bought this pair from Paul Smith online. I'm a little bit worried because they're tapered fit which is something I don't wear often enough, so am not sure how they would fit. The worst would be baggy. I prefer mine to fit pretty slim to the body. Anyone has experience with tapered fit especially from PS?
Paul Smith will never be skinny their off the rack items are never slim. Skinniest width on hem would be 16-17cm I'm guessing.
New shit kickers: MMM painted Gatspost #37401 of 496118/8/13 at 5:38ampost #37402 of 496118/8/13 at 8:24ampost #37403 of 496118/8/13 at 11:46ampost #37404 of 496118/8/13 at 11:55ampost #37405 of 496118/8/13 at 12:41pmpost #37406 of 496118/8/13 at 3:41pmpost #37407 of 496118/8/13 at 5:56pmThis may be of some help to people who don't read the CM side much.
Regarding Kamakura shirts Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Shirts arrived today via USPS.
I ordered over the phone, which was pretty simple. I described the shirt I wanted and the size (I guess this was easier than providing the item code from the website). They asked for my number so that they could call me back after checking their stock. I received a call back within 10-15 minutes. This next call was when I provided the necessary details (payment/shipping information). There was a bit of miscommunication regarding my address, so I ended up sending those details in over e-mail. I was e-mailed a copy of my receipt, which I verified before they agreed to send the shirts out the next day. The person who helped me is named Aya and she was easy to work with.
Added bonus: there's a neat little stamp card included along with my receipt (in an envelop). 16 stamps gets you a shirt worth $79 and you receive a stamp for every $69 you spend.
On to the shirts:
I ordered 2 shirts to try. One dress and one OCBD. Both in Tokyo Slim 15 3/4 - 33 and I'm a US40.
- white broadcloth spread collar shirt (no pocket): Removeable collar stays included. This shirt is probably as slim as I dare go, as there's a hint of pulling if I purposely puff my chest out/arch my shoulders back. The collar shape seems nice enough and the sleeves are just right. Both of these are supposed to shrink over the course of the first few washes, which could be problematic for sleeve length. I don't mind darting at all, as most of the shirts I currently wear are darted.
- white OCBD (standard fabric): Compared to the other quality OCBD's I own (Epaulet, WvG), this feels to be lighter and smoother. This shirt is meant to be tucked and would need to be altered to be worn untucked. The collar is less pronounced than the older iteration of Epaulet shirts, but the shape is quite nice. Sizing was consistent with the broadcloth shirt, but could be more of a concern as oxford cloth seems to shrink more. I'll have to keep an eye on this.
In the end: I generally wear my OCBD's untucked, but I'll probably keep this one as well. I'll have to watch out for changes in measurements, but I intend to cold wash and hang dry. If the sizing doesn't work out for me after a few washes, I may consider trying the NY slim fit, or just getting a different sleeve length (if the sleeves are the only issue). If they do work out, I can see Kamakura as my go-to for workhorse dress shirts. I currently don't have to wear a suit and tie very often for work, so I can probably get by with stocking the basics for work/weddings/interviews/etc - white/blue/university stripe etc. Maybe I will splurge on one of the higher tier fabrics next time or consider MTO if necessary.
Hope this helps.
Also, SLP card holder arrived today. I was hoping the center slot would have more give as the outer slots can only comfortably fit 1 card each. I generally carry 4 cards total and doubling up the center slot is already cutting it close. Leather feels nice enough and the fit/finish seems solid. As an aside, Matches is the new king of packaging in my eyes - DHL pre-paid duty shipping arrived in 2 days too.post #37408 of 496118/8/13 at 5:58pmpost #37409 of 496118/8/13 at 10:44pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 34 seconds ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 2 minutes ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...