or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2449

post #36721 of 46635
Been on the lookout for dress shoes for a while and finally got these



They would probably have been more versatile in brown with charcoal and navy suits



but oh well. The price on these was good, under $230 shipped
post #36722 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Been on the lookout for dress shoes for a while and finally got these



They would probably have been more versatile in brown with charcoal and navy suits



but oh well. The price on these was good, under $230 shipped

How'd you size on them? 

post #36723 of 46635
I have never tried on these shoes or AEs before so I just went TTS.
post #36724 of 46635
Bought a Drkshdw snapback cap from www.shopacrimony.com. I hate summer, but it does allow me to concentrate on accessories. It's not like I need a "summer jacket" for 95 F weather. Also received my Master-Piece "Potential"Tote in black today.
post #36725 of 46635
I just bought a Neil Barrett sweatshirt. Do they fit true to size?
post #36726 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

The inherent problem with this argument is that weird/ugly is entirely objective. I agree that they're a bit...obtuse (not sure the word?) but they have a unique look that fits with my style.

Also, if you want to discount fashion that is predicated on deliberate ugliness things are going to get ugly fast. Would you consider The Soloist, CdG, or Rick Owens 'hipster'?

The thing about them, it's that it's footwear. I mean you wouldn't wear shoes with a bunch of flowers on them but floral prints are perfectly acceptable for menswear on clothing. Shoes really solidify and help balance a fit is what I'm saying and you can wear good footwear with pretty much anything. But then again it is your money.

And no I wouldn't consider Soloist, CdG or RO hipster, the idea that being different for the sake of standing out to be different from everyone else is hipster. Those brands all have their own style to them much like many fashion houses whether it be one whose designers have sold the rights to their company died or simply aren't designing they all stay to a similar platform to what they're style is.
post #36727 of 46635

0g double flare plugs in this fluorite material.

 

 

 

*

post #36728 of 46635


Still one left...free shipping in US. I didn't get taxed either.
https://www.odinnewyork.com/search.asp?Mode=Product&Type=Shop&TypeID=78&ProductID=2722
post #36729 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

hahaha so glad I'm not the only one. After an hour of reading in bed, my arms were just dead and I was like "fuck it, getting an e-reader"

Especially since I plan on reading Infinite Jest next...

Hope the nook footnote function is user friendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Bert View Post

It's hipster in like Macklmemore is hipster, wearing weird looking clothes in the idea of trying to be different to try create visual interest but its just not a good look. They just look sloppy IMO but are probably comfortable but if you want comfort just wear some Nike trainers or maybe some more simple Clark's there's plenty of colors of those dessert boots.

dessert boots
post #36730 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by el Bert View Post


The thing about them, it's that it's footwear. I mean you wouldn't wear shoes with a bunch of flowers on them but floral prints are perfectly acceptable for menswear on clothing. Shoes really solidify and help balance a fit is what I'm saying and you can wear good footwear with pretty much anything. But then again it is your money.

This is very narrow minded, Floral shoes are awesome and I would wear the fuck out of them if the right pair came along.

post #36731 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by slstr View Post

This is very narrow minded, Floral shoes are awesome and I would wear the fuck out of them if the right pair came along.

I actually came very close to buying a pair of Liberty print floral Doc Martens (0)

They were womens only, and the largest size was still a little snug, otherwise they would be mine.
post #36732 of 46635

I'm 90% sure they did a men's version of them, I, also, nearly bought them.

You have a good taste in footwear, sir.

post #36733 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by el Bert View Post

The thing about them, it's that it's footwear. I mean you wouldn't wear shoes with a bunch of flowers on them but floral prints are perfectly acceptable for menswear on clothing. Shoes really solidify and help balance a fit is what I'm saying and you can wear good footwear with pretty much anything. But then again it is your money.

And no I wouldn't consider Soloist, CdG or RO hipster, the idea that being different for the sake of standing out to be different from everyone else is hipster. Those brands all have their own style to them much like many fashion houses whether it be one whose designers have sold the rights to their company died or simply aren't designing they all stay to a similar platform to what they're style is.

Actually, Buttero had some really cool floral print sneakers, not that this is a new idea. Vans has been doing floral motifs for years, decades even.

Also, fashion houses often change directions when they change creative directors. They might seek to retain the "DNA" of the company's legacy, but superficially, there maybe be very little similar between the brand in one decade, and the brand in another. If you told Christian Dior that his name was going to be synoymous with skinny men's suits for a while, he'd probably think that you'd lost your gourd.
post #36734 of 46635
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

Also, fashion houses often change directions when they change creative directors. They might seek to retain the "DNA" of the company's legacy, but superficially, there maybe be very little similar between the brand in one decade, and the brand in another. If you told Christian Dior that his name was going to be synoymous with skinny men's suits for a while, he'd probably think that you'd lost your gourd.

 

Dior retained the over-the-top luxury of the original house through those years, though, and Hedi actually did a pretty good job preserving the core of the brand.  A better example would be YSL / SL since there is barely any continuity there now that I can see.

post #36735 of 46635
Thorocraft makes nice floral shoes, if I were to buy a pair I would go with them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II