or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2430

post #36436 of 43467
Stanford? UCLA? UC Berkeley?

... Ok you're right, that's it.
post #36437 of 43467
UCI's might end up being pretty good and Hastings is solid.
post #36438 of 43467
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

Stanford? UCLA? UC Berkeley?

... Ok you're right, that's it.

Basically looking at T30, so right, Stanford, UCB, UCLA, USC, UW are my choices. Stanford is the only one I'd really be interested in but I'd have to get a 97+% on my last LSAT to swing it. UW is a safety for me since its in state
post #36439 of 43467

Bernardo just came in woo! woo!

post #36440 of 43467
upright citizen's brigade has a law school?
post #36441 of 43467
yo le mans

MPGenXgl.jpg
post #36442 of 43467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbaland View Post

Mikey how is sizing on the f+b boots? Do they run big or TTS? Thanks.

i hate giving sizing advice because it STRESSES ME OUT because what if i give someone bad advice?!

but in my experience big. I'm a pretty true 8.5-9 i think and the elf boots I got are 7s (!). They're snug but definitely fit. an 8 would probably be "perfect"
post #36443 of 43467
^^ nice. i like that eraser. let me know how you like 'em; i may have to find my sharpener.
post #36444 of 43467
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

i hate giving sizing advice because it STRESSES ME OUT because what if i give someone bad advice?!

but in my experience big. I'm a pretty true 8.5-9 i think and the elf boots I got are 7s (!). They're snug but definitely fit. an 8 would probably be "perfect"

I have a different F&B boot, an ankle-strap pair, but I agree that they run large. my boots are size 41 and are almost the same size as my 42 MMM GATs.
post #36445 of 43467
cheap Porter buys:



The Beams+ pants are on some other steez and I'll probably keep them. They are baggy as advertised, and you can barely tell on Porter, but the ankles have drawstrings so you can turn them into harem pants, which as far as I'm concerned are the only way to wear them. Put a bow in those drawstrings after cinching them and be ready to chill the fuck out. With the spaciousness and with the lightweight cotton/nylon, they seem pretty good for hot days. As well as good for boot tucks with long, loose sweaters on top so I can finally go full hobo. They also have waist tightening straps that I didn't notice in the pictures.

The Jean Machine stuff is going back. Not a terrible cut, but the cotton/hemp blend on the blue pair makes for really shitty-looking denim in person. And the white pair is not lightweight enough to be a summer jean 'round these parts.
post #36446 of 43467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

yo le mans

MPGenXgl.jpg

My teacher uses 602's. Smells real nice and lets you write without every having to worry about rolling or breaking, but lead is too soft and wear down fast.
How do you hold/carry your stationery jet?

ps. Palomino's Golden Bear line is almost as good at 1/10 of price.
post #36447 of 43467
This is my first foray into nice tools/stationary, I will probably cop some of the golden bears too thanks for the tip. I just love the concept behind these and the replaceable eraser is pimp as fuck. My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil leaving an unsightly void of a ferrule on the tip of my ticonderogas so I'd use a separate eraser to preserve the aesthetic continuity. I can't believe it took me this many years of life to discover this gem however I have not written with it yet so I'm looking quite forward to it. I'm looking at some fine german brass sharpeners as well. As far as cases go there is a brass japanese pencil case I might indulge in but I don't like how it's not hinged but rather snaps off. Feel free to give me some high quality recs.
Edited by jet - 6/20/13 at 11:06pm
post #36448 of 43467
My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil
My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil
My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil
My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil
My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil
My whole life I was discontent
post #36449 of 43467
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

This is my first foray into nice tools/stationary, I will probably cop some of the golden bears too thanks for the tip. I just love the concept behind these and the replaceable eraser is pimp as fuck. My whole life I was discontent with the fact that the erasers wore down faster than the pencil leaving an unsightly void of a ferrule on the tip of my ticonderogas so I'd use a separate eraser to preserve the aesthetic continuity. I can't believe it took me this many years of life to discover this gem however I have not written with it yet so I'm looking quite forward to it. I'm looking at some fine german brass sharpeners as well. As far as cases go there is a brass japanese pencil case I might indulge in but I don't like how it's not hinged but rather snaps off. Feel free to give me some high quality recs.

Mitsubishi Hi-Uni.
post #36450 of 43467
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

i hate giving sizing advice because it STRESSES ME OUT because what if i give someone bad advice?!

but in my experience big. I'm a pretty true 8.5-9 i think and the elf boots I got are 7s (!). They're snug but definitely fit. an 8 would probably be "perfect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg View Post

I have a different F&B boot, an ankle-strap pair, but I agree that they run large. my boots are size 41 and are almost the same size as my 42 MMM GATs.

Thanks for the help guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II