Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2374
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35597 of 483835/8/13 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
^ not usually opposed to buying and flipping at a profit, but as a heads up to those who are interested, this was originally sold for $1,000 or less on SZ.
just found it a little offensive that he's asking for significantly more than what he bought it for, and isn't disclosing the fact that the jacket is pretty beat up and has a leather rip/tear at the bottom of the front/right zipper.
aside from that, this isn't B&S so he should GTFOpost #35598 of 483835/8/13 at 1:54pmpost #35599 of 483835/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35600 of 483835/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35601 of 483835/8/13 at 1:59pmpost #35602 of 483835/8/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
We're assuming Chaos did PM him, since he didn't list the price yet Chaos knows what he's asking. And he didn't tell Chaos that it's defective.
I have no problem with trying to turn a profit.post #35603 of 483835/8/13 at 2:15pm
i did PM him. i'm not going to post his responses but needless to say this guy is pretty shady. it's evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage to the jacket in this thread.
i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.post #35604 of 483835/8/13 at 2:19pmpost #35605 of 483835/8/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
i did PM him and i'm not going to post his responses, but needless to say, this guy is pretty shady. it's pretty evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S in order to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage on the jacket on this thread.
as i said, i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.
i'll retract my previous statement, you are doing a good job sir!post #35606 of 483835/8/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
Well, these came in today. Definitely should have sized down one. Really disappointed to say the least, since the shoes themselves are very nice (if a bit shinier irl than the stock photos). One cool detail I didn't notice is that the 'eyelets' are actually just embossed (or is it debossed?) into the leather. I would not pay full retail for these, but they are certainly worth the $250 that I paid.
If anyone is interested in these (sz 42, but best for a 43) before I send them back feel free to shoot me a PM. If this offer is part of the 'no advertising' clause then I'll take it down right awaypost #35607 of 483835/8/13 at 4:02pmpost #35608 of 483835/8/13 at 4:37pmpost #35609 of 483835/8/13 at 4:56pmpost #35610 of 483835/8/13 at 4:59pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 6 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy denim jacket w/ tiger embroidery size 44 16 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...