Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2374
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35597 of 511315/8/13 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
^ not usually opposed to buying and flipping at a profit, but as a heads up to those who are interested, this was originally sold for $1,000 or less on SZ.
just found it a little offensive that he's asking for significantly more than what he bought it for, and isn't disclosing the fact that the jacket is pretty beat up and has a leather rip/tear at the bottom of the front/right zipper.
aside from that, this isn't B&S so he should GTFOpost #35598 of 511315/8/13 at 1:54pmpost #35599 of 511315/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35600 of 511315/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35601 of 511315/8/13 at 1:59pmpost #35602 of 511315/8/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
We're assuming Chaos did PM him, since he didn't list the price yet Chaos knows what he's asking. And he didn't tell Chaos that it's defective.
I have no problem with trying to turn a profit.post #35603 of 511315/8/13 at 2:15pm
i did PM him. i'm not going to post his responses but needless to say this guy is pretty shady. it's evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage to the jacket in this thread.
i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.post #35604 of 511315/8/13 at 2:19pmpost #35605 of 511315/8/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
i did PM him and i'm not going to post his responses, but needless to say, this guy is pretty shady. it's pretty evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S in order to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage on the jacket on this thread.
as i said, i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.
i'll retract my previous statement, you are doing a good job sir!post #35606 of 511315/8/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
Well, these came in today. Definitely should have sized down one. Really disappointed to say the least, since the shoes themselves are very nice (if a bit shinier irl than the stock photos). One cool detail I didn't notice is that the 'eyelets' are actually just embossed (or is it debossed?) into the leather. I would not pay full retail for these, but they are certainly worth the $250 that I paid.
If anyone is interested in these (sz 42, but best for a 43) before I send them back feel free to shoot me a PM. If this offer is part of the 'no advertising' clause then I'll take it down right awaypost #35607 of 511315/8/13 at 4:02pmpost #35608 of 511315/8/13 at 4:37pmpost #35609 of 511315/8/13 at 4:56pmpost #35610 of 511315/8/13 at 4:59pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 36 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...