Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 5:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2374
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35597 of 496295/8/13 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
^ not usually opposed to buying and flipping at a profit, but as a heads up to those who are interested, this was originally sold for $1,000 or less on SZ.
just found it a little offensive that he's asking for significantly more than what he bought it for, and isn't disclosing the fact that the jacket is pretty beat up and has a leather rip/tear at the bottom of the front/right zipper.
aside from that, this isn't B&S so he should GTFOpost #35598 of 496295/8/13 at 1:54pmpost #35599 of 496295/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35600 of 496295/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35601 of 496295/8/13 at 1:59pmpost #35602 of 496295/8/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
We're assuming Chaos did PM him, since he didn't list the price yet Chaos knows what he's asking. And he didn't tell Chaos that it's defective.
I have no problem with trying to turn a profit.post #35603 of 496295/8/13 at 2:15pm
i did PM him. i'm not going to post his responses but needless to say this guy is pretty shady. it's evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage to the jacket in this thread.
i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.post #35604 of 496295/8/13 at 2:19pmpost #35605 of 496295/8/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
i did PM him and i'm not going to post his responses, but needless to say, this guy is pretty shady. it's pretty evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S in order to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage on the jacket on this thread.
as i said, i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.
i'll retract my previous statement, you are doing a good job sir!post #35606 of 496295/8/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
Well, these came in today. Definitely should have sized down one. Really disappointed to say the least, since the shoes themselves are very nice (if a bit shinier irl than the stock photos). One cool detail I didn't notice is that the 'eyelets' are actually just embossed (or is it debossed?) into the leather. I would not pay full retail for these, but they are certainly worth the $250 that I paid.
If anyone is interested in these (sz 42, but best for a 43) before I send them back feel free to shoot me a PM. If this offer is part of the 'no advertising' clause then I'll take it down right awaypost #35607 of 496295/8/13 at 4:02pmpost #35608 of 496295/8/13 at 4:37pmpost #35609 of 496295/8/13 at 4:56pmpost #35610 of 496295/8/13 at 4:59pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 47 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 28 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 33 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 41 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...