Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2374post #35597 of 524465/8/13 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
^ not usually opposed to buying and flipping at a profit, but as a heads up to those who are interested, this was originally sold for $1,000 or less on SZ.
just found it a little offensive that he's asking for significantly more than what he bought it for, and isn't disclosing the fact that the jacket is pretty beat up and has a leather rip/tear at the bottom of the front/right zipper.
aside from that, this isn't B&S so he should GTFOpost #35598 of 524465/8/13 at 1:54pmpost #35599 of 524465/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35600 of 524465/8/13 at 1:55pmpost #35601 of 524465/8/13 at 1:59pmpost #35602 of 524465/8/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
We're assuming Chaos did PM him, since he didn't list the price yet Chaos knows what he's asking. And he didn't tell Chaos that it's defective.
I have no problem with trying to turn a profit.post #35603 of 524465/8/13 at 2:15pm
i did PM him. i'm not going to post his responses but needless to say this guy is pretty shady. it's evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage to the jacket in this thread.
i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.post #35604 of 524465/8/13 at 2:19pmpost #35605 of 524465/8/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by chaos
i did PM him and i'm not going to post his responses, but needless to say, this guy is pretty shady. it's pretty evident that he's using the RP thread to advertise the jacket before he posts it to B&S in order to gather more interest; the least he can do is be upfront about the damage on the jacket on this thread.
as i said, i'm not usually opposed to flipping and selling at a profit but just from the things he was mentioning via PM, i figured i would give a heads up to the rest of the users here so that any potential buyers don't get screwed over. also, it's sellers like this guy that drive up prices (tacking on a profit margin on top of the original cost/shipping/fees of the item) in the marketplace with over-inflated shit, it's no wonder the B&S doesn't move.
i'll retract my previous statement, you are doing a good job sir!post #35606 of 524465/8/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
Well, these came in today. Definitely should have sized down one. Really disappointed to say the least, since the shoes themselves are very nice (if a bit shinier irl than the stock photos). One cool detail I didn't notice is that the 'eyelets' are actually just embossed (or is it debossed?) into the leather. I would not pay full retail for these, but they are certainly worth the $250 that I paid.
If anyone is interested in these (sz 42, but best for a 43) before I send them back feel free to shoot me a PM. If this offer is part of the 'no advertising' clause then I'll take it down right awaypost #35607 of 524465/8/13 at 4:02pmpost #35608 of 524465/8/13 at 4:37pmpost #35609 of 524465/8/13 at 4:56pmpost #35610 of 524465/8/13 at 4:59pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Rugby hunting vest 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › List of wool mills please (ASAP) 12 minutes ago
- › Why is Restaurant Service So BAD at times these days? 12 minutes ago
- › FSL Visvim Zermatt Folk Edition 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...