Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 9/2/14 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 5:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 21 Last post on 9/21/14 at 2:06pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2265post #33961 of 459373/6/13 at 2:12pm
Styles mentioned in this thread:post #33962 of 459373/6/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
More of a general remark about the leather/rest of wardrobe disconnect that I see here, I dunno the detail's of fycus wardrobe and he might end up fine but, generally speaking, you shouldn't transform your style for a leather, you should buy the leather that fits how you dress or not buy one at all.
this is sound advice, however you would have to transform everything if you are switching your overall style so if he is doing that then maybe it will work, either way i want to see what happens and i love that MMM 5zippost #33963 of 459373/6/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
You're all up in that repro a2 stuff and you end up buying that, no wonder most buyers of MMM and RO jackets end up looking stupid, they're not core clients of the brands (or at least dressing in that style) and the stuff doesn't match their wardrobe.
Enjoy wearing that jacket with your ugly new balances and looking like a moron.
In the end I'm not even trying to hate, I just think a well fitting a2 would be more congruent and lead to better results.
Coming from somebody who recently posted one of the most incongruent 5-zip fits I've EVER seen, I have a very hard time understanding where you're coming from. I still have a modern fitting a2 from wtaps, and that will go with more of my trad fits if I decide to hold onto it. Truth be told none of the items I wear are classic repro in regards to fit, nor do I adhere to anything in the repro category other than perversions of military garments ala wtaps and neighborhood, which in my opinion hold their own style and aesthetic. I was looking for an a2 at the time and somebody in the leather thread suggested getting a repro, which was the opposite of what I wanted. I own two pairs of new balances, both of which get less wear than most of my sneakers, shoes or boots that I have. I would never wear a leather jacket with new balances, especially a moto jacket. They are shitkickers that go with unlined blazers and casual outerwear. I have a ton of slim silhouette sneakers that will go fine with the jacket (cp tourny lows, margiela lows, pierre hardy lows, etc etc). I don't plan on wearing the leather with an OCBD and a sweater, just plain ol white tees and shitty jeans (which pairs fine with the jacket imo). I understand where you're coming from based on my RP, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Having developed my wardrobe enough has enabled me to have different aesthetics without having crossover. You of all people should know this knowing your schizophrenic history of fits.post #33964 of 459373/6/13 at 5:08pmpost #33965 of 459373/6/13 at 5:13pmpost #33966 of 459373/6/13 at 5:28pmpost #33967 of 459373/6/13 at 5:43pmpost #33968 of 459373/6/13 at 6:33pmpost #33969 of 459373/6/13 at 6:43pmpost #33970 of 459373/6/13 at 6:43pmpost #33971 of 459373/6/13 at 6:58pmpost #33972 of 459373/6/13 at 7:04pmpost #33973 of 459373/6/13 at 7:15pmpost #33974 of 459373/6/13 at 7:36pmpost #33975 of 459373/6/13 at 7:53pmNeed opinions regarding a recent purchase (Our Legacy):
I sized up from 48 to 50, and while the shoulders fit great, the body is a bit large.
Here's what it looks like worn regularly (not waywt) --
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not really sure how OL is ideally supposed to fit but I'm not too fond of the fit right now, as it sort of balloons around my hips (more apparent with my arms up). Keep / alter / flip?
(In regards to that last option, if you're a 48 and have $100 or so, PM me
- Recent purchases - Part II
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
Currently, there are 1362 Active Users (321 Members and 1041 Guests)
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 35 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 54 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Junya Watanabe FW14 Yarn Dyed Check Shirt (Large) 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...