Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 3:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2265post #33961 of 496723/6/13 at 2:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33962 of 496723/6/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
More of a general remark about the leather/rest of wardrobe disconnect that I see here, I dunno the detail's of fycus wardrobe and he might end up fine but, generally speaking, you shouldn't transform your style for a leather, you should buy the leather that fits how you dress or not buy one at all.
this is sound advice, however you would have to transform everything if you are switching your overall style so if he is doing that then maybe it will work, either way i want to see what happens and i love that MMM 5zippost #33963 of 496723/6/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
You're all up in that repro a2 stuff and you end up buying that, no wonder most buyers of MMM and RO jackets end up looking stupid, they're not core clients of the brands (or at least dressing in that style) and the stuff doesn't match their wardrobe.
Enjoy wearing that jacket with your ugly new balances and looking like a moron.
In the end I'm not even trying to hate, I just think a well fitting a2 would be more congruent and lead to better results.
Coming from somebody who recently posted one of the most incongruent 5-zip fits I've EVER seen, I have a very hard time understanding where you're coming from. I still have a modern fitting a2 from wtaps, and that will go with more of my trad fits if I decide to hold onto it. Truth be told none of the items I wear are classic repro in regards to fit, nor do I adhere to anything in the repro category other than perversions of military garments ala wtaps and neighborhood, which in my opinion hold their own style and aesthetic. I was looking for an a2 at the time and somebody in the leather thread suggested getting a repro, which was the opposite of what I wanted. I own two pairs of new balances, both of which get less wear than most of my sneakers, shoes or boots that I have. I would never wear a leather jacket with new balances, especially a moto jacket. They are shitkickers that go with unlined blazers and casual outerwear. I have a ton of slim silhouette sneakers that will go fine with the jacket (cp tourny lows, margiela lows, pierre hardy lows, etc etc). I don't plan on wearing the leather with an OCBD and a sweater, just plain ol white tees and shitty jeans (which pairs fine with the jacket imo). I understand where you're coming from based on my RP, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Having developed my wardrobe enough has enabled me to have different aesthetics without having crossover. You of all people should know this knowing your schizophrenic history of fits.post #33964 of 496723/6/13 at 5:08pmpost #33965 of 496723/6/13 at 5:13pmpost #33966 of 496723/6/13 at 5:28pmpost #33967 of 496723/6/13 at 5:43pmpost #33968 of 496723/6/13 at 6:33pmpost #33969 of 496723/6/13 at 6:43pmpost #33970 of 496723/6/13 at 6:43pmpost #33971 of 496723/6/13 at 6:58pmpost #33972 of 496723/6/13 at 7:04pmpost #33973 of 496723/6/13 at 7:15pmpost #33974 of 496723/6/13 at 7:36pmpost #33975 of 496723/6/13 at 7:53pmNeed opinions regarding a recent purchase (Our Legacy):
I sized up from 48 to 50, and while the shoulders fit great, the body is a bit large.
Here's what it looks like worn regularly (not waywt) --
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not really sure how OL is ideally supposed to fit but I'm not too fond of the fit right now, as it sort of balloons around my hips (more apparent with my arms up). Keep / alter / flip?
(In regards to that last option, if you're a 48 and have $100 or so, PM me
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1426 Active Users (322 Members and 1104 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 13 minutes ago
- › Lacoste polo real or not? 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 22 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 24 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...