Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2265post #33961 of 510963/6/13 at 2:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33962 of 510963/6/13 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
More of a general remark about the leather/rest of wardrobe disconnect that I see here, I dunno the detail's of fycus wardrobe and he might end up fine but, generally speaking, you shouldn't transform your style for a leather, you should buy the leather that fits how you dress or not buy one at all.
this is sound advice, however you would have to transform everything if you are switching your overall style so if he is doing that then maybe it will work, either way i want to see what happens and i love that MMM 5zippost #33963 of 510963/6/13 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fuuma
You're all up in that repro a2 stuff and you end up buying that, no wonder most buyers of MMM and RO jackets end up looking stupid, they're not core clients of the brands (or at least dressing in that style) and the stuff doesn't match their wardrobe.
Enjoy wearing that jacket with your ugly new balances and looking like a moron.
In the end I'm not even trying to hate, I just think a well fitting a2 would be more congruent and lead to better results.
Coming from somebody who recently posted one of the most incongruent 5-zip fits I've EVER seen, I have a very hard time understanding where you're coming from. I still have a modern fitting a2 from wtaps, and that will go with more of my trad fits if I decide to hold onto it. Truth be told none of the items I wear are classic repro in regards to fit, nor do I adhere to anything in the repro category other than perversions of military garments ala wtaps and neighborhood, which in my opinion hold their own style and aesthetic. I was looking for an a2 at the time and somebody in the leather thread suggested getting a repro, which was the opposite of what I wanted. I own two pairs of new balances, both of which get less wear than most of my sneakers, shoes or boots that I have. I would never wear a leather jacket with new balances, especially a moto jacket. They are shitkickers that go with unlined blazers and casual outerwear. I have a ton of slim silhouette sneakers that will go fine with the jacket (cp tourny lows, margiela lows, pierre hardy lows, etc etc). I don't plan on wearing the leather with an OCBD and a sweater, just plain ol white tees and shitty jeans (which pairs fine with the jacket imo). I understand where you're coming from based on my RP, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Having developed my wardrobe enough has enabled me to have different aesthetics without having crossover. You of all people should know this knowing your schizophrenic history of fits.post #33964 of 510963/6/13 at 5:08pmpost #33965 of 510963/6/13 at 5:13pmpost #33966 of 510963/6/13 at 5:28pmpost #33967 of 510963/6/13 at 5:43pmpost #33968 of 510963/6/13 at 6:33pmpost #33969 of 510963/6/13 at 6:43pmpost #33970 of 510963/6/13 at 6:43pmpost #33971 of 510963/6/13 at 6:58pmpost #33972 of 510963/6/13 at 7:04pmpost #33973 of 510963/6/13 at 7:15pmpost #33974 of 510963/6/13 at 7:36pmpost #33975 of 510963/6/13 at 7:53pmNeed opinions regarding a recent purchase (Our Legacy):
I sized up from 48 to 50, and while the shoulders fit great, the body is a bit large.
Here's what it looks like worn regularly (not waywt) --
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not really sure how OL is ideally supposed to fit but I'm not too fond of the fit right now, as it sort of balloons around my hips (more apparent with my arms up). Keep / alter / flip?
(In regards to that last option, if you're a 48 and have $100 or so, PM me
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1545 Active Users (363 Members and 1182 Guests)
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 22 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 seconds ago
- › Clark's Exton Navy Suede Cap Toe - Size 10D 29 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...