or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2183

post #32731 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post

Love la sportiva, got a pair of katanas. They're amazing.

They make great boots. Grabbed the Makalu to fit on crampons for glacier/ice climbing fun. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #32732 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

just like how you fuckers ignore me when i say stfu about other dumb shit yall talk about i'm going to say this
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

I have reasons I prefer the hydrolyzed. I've taken the standard for years and gone through a tub of this and for my purposes it's better. It doesn't supplant but rather supplement diet. What tangible effect it's had I can't tell you and there are periods I don't take it. I can assure you one thing though, that I look sick as fuck with my shirt off and that's all that fucking matters redface.gif

 

People tend to overthink diet and workout routines; pretty much any exercise board is full of people 100 pounds overweight arguing about the efficiency of their workout program.  In the end 5 or 10% efficiency really doesn't matter, so if it works for you keep doing it and ignore the internet.

 

@ Hendrix: not all proteins are created equal.  The same amount of physical protein in a whey tub verse a farm-raised chicken verse a wild deer will be wildly different in terms of effectiveness, purely because the latter has literally hundreds of different proteins (wild animals will consume hundreds of different plant types while even a grass-fed cow from Whole Foods will still only consume a handful).  I can dig up the relevant study if you're interested but I'm having trouble finding it since it's been like 3 years since I read it.

 

The "paleolithic diet" that's been popular lately is kind of a sham from what I've seen, but the anthropological research that it's very loosely based on is actually really solid and interesting.  The key takeaways are (a) variety is key and (b) cook your food unless you want to eat twice as much for the same effect.

post #32733 of 44854
It's weird, this distinction between 'supplements' and 'food' people fry to force on things. Everything's a milkshake once it reaches your belly.
post #32734 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

if you talking about fw12 cdgh+ hat yeah I tried it on at dsm it was just too big fit fine but too much hat which is what kept me from the yohji mountain one this past winter


I've seen some Borsalino ones not too dissimilar to the Ann

It was this one. I needed a smaller size, but it ended up looking too much like a cowboy hat anyway so I didnt bother.

I'll check our Borsalino. Thanks.
post #32735 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

 

Ann D

 

Ordered two different sizes since I wasn't sure how it would fit.

The 44.5 is too big for me and will be going back unless someone here wants it.

WIl fit a 45 or so. 310 + shipping. PM if you're interested.

 

FML, I just got the size 44 and it didn't fit either. Felt just as big as the 44.5.

 

I think I would've needed to size down 1.5 or something crazy like that. Seriously don't understand why designers make random sizing like this. It's one thing with tops being meant to be worn oversized or whatever, but with footwear it seems like they just want to fuck with their customers.

post #32736 of 44854
That is really weird, the boots on that sole fit almost tts confused.gif
post #32737 of 44854

I'm convinced that anyone who thinks Ann footwear runs TTS has weird feet :|

post #32738 of 44854
as the owner of 4 pairs of ann footwear, i would say that it can fit tts. my sneakers do, albeit a bit on the snug side. my grey boots fit pretty tts as far as i can tell too. but there is a lot of inconsistency.
post #32739 of 44854
tts ime as well, no idea where the fitting large idea came from
post #32740 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

@ Hendrix: not all proteins are created equal.  The same amount of physical protein in a whey tub verse a farm-raised chicken verse a wild deer will be wildly different in terms of effectiveness, purely because the latter has literally hundreds of different proteins (wild animals will consume hundreds of different plant types while even a grass-fed cow from Whole Foods will still only consume a handful).  I can dig up the relevant study if you're interested but I'm having trouble finding it since it's been like 3 years since I read it.

sorry mate, but you don't know what you're talking about here.

we don't absorb "hundreds of different proteins", we absorb 20 different amino acids. And whey protein has a very good amino acid profile.

If a cow couldn't get all the different amino acids it needed for growth, then, well, it wouldn't grow. As it happens, cows don't need to worry too much about which amino acids they eat because they have gut microbiota that convert the different amino acids so they always get a full quota.
post #32741 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post


sorry mate, but you don't know what you're talking about here.

we don't absorb "hundreds of different proteins", we absorb 20 different amino acids. And whey protein has a very good amino acid profile.

If a cow couldn't get all the different amino acids it needed for growth, then, well, it wouldn't grow. As it happens, cows don't need to worry too much about which amino acids they eat because they have gut microbiota that convert the different amino acids so they always get a full quota.

 

Yeah I sort of butchered that, I had some time this afternoon so I looked into it a little more:

 

Quote:
Several sources of information suggest that human beings evolved on a diet with a ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 essential fatty acids (EFA) of ∼ 1 whereas in Western diets the ratio is 15/1–16.7/1.

 

This is what I was thinking of, I think I was confusing fats with protein or something but I still don't remember the exact details.  TL;DR hunter-gatherers ate a lot more lean meat.  I've been out of school too long :(

post #32742 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

It's weird, this distinction between 'supplements' and 'food' people fry to force on things. Everything's a milkshake once it reaches your belly.

Digestion begins at saliva. End food murder now!
post #32743 of 44854
I don't think anyone would really argue that protein shakes are better than a balanced, protein heavy meal, but sometimes you don't have time for a balanced, protein heavy meal post workout and dumping some powder in a shaker is a lot easier. At least that's how I see it. I'll usually drink protein/recovery drink post race at bike races because I generally have to stick around for teammates to race, or at the very least have to pack up my shit an drive somewhere to get food, which can take upwards of an hour sometimes when it's all said and done. When I'm home and have ample time I usually just eat real food post workout.
post #32744 of 44854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

I don't think anyone would really argue that protein shakes are better than a balanced, protein heavy meal, but sometimes you don't have time for a balanced, protein heavy meal post workout and dumping some powder in a shaker is a lot easier. At least that's how I see it. I'll usually drink protein/recovery drink post race at bike races because I generally have to stick around for teammates to race, or at the very least have to pack up my shit an drive somewhere to get food, which can take upwards of an hour sometimes when it's all said and done. When I'm home and have ample time I usually just eat real food post workout.

 

Not to mention it's cheap too..a protein shake (1 scoop = 30g of protein) only costs about $1/scoop for me, excluding the cost of milk + a banana.

post #32745 of 44854
everyone post their post wrkout smoothie recipes!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II