or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2143

post #32131 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Yeah lets laugh at poor people for wearing warm, affordable hats.

Bunch of losers couldn't tell Yohji from Rag and Bone XD 

if you have an account on styleforum it's a fair assumption that you're far from actually being "poor" and it's actually kind of insulting to people who truly are poor.
post #32132 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Yeah lets laugh at poor people for wearing warm, affordable hats.

Bunch of losers couldn't tell Yohji from Rag and Bone XD 

But they can tell which one is the Carhartt hat due to the giant logo on the side. It's similar to visiting McDonnalds in that it presents itself with huge iconic arches that everyone recognizes.
post #32133 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

But the garment has undergone a craftmade treatment, specific ecological products to give him an experienced aspect. Therefore every imperfection is to be considered as a product feature and must not be considered as defect or cause of complaint.

I thought we all decided that perception of quality the source of all quality. Like if a blind nun hand sews a really raggedy sweater over the course of 50 years and then dies right after. Cuz its authentic and stuff. It doesn't matter if its really shoddy.

Or if balmain made it:


And on the opposite side, if you mass produced something that was nigh indestructible and ripps off a cool design, but now everyone can own it, why would you like that!?


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just joking around, this applies to me too. Please no one feel individually targeted smile.gif
post #32134 of 43393
post #32135 of 43393
has nobody here heard of a seam ripper?

and what's wrong with supporting domestic manufacturing and fair labor practices? that r&b beanie was probably made in china

i also don't think the mcdonald's comparison is fair. it's not like carhartt directs its advertising at children to sell them cheap yet high-calorie and fattening hats
post #32136 of 43393
If you can't eat your hat you're not doing it right.
post #32137 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

I like how they fit, but that last part has me worried now. Luckily I haven't taken any tags off yet.

Some ideas of possible problems to look for....

On the darted leg seams the stitching started unraveling right where the bottom of the dart begins. (I had a pair of KZO jeans with leg darts that did this too). I would suggest turning the jeans inside out and carefully examining these seams. Pay particular attention to how the beginning of the seam is fastened.

And on the rear pocket a hole developed right where the corner of the pocket connects to the jeans. Examining it more closely revealed that excessive stitching reinforcement on the corner of the pocket weakened the fabric in the area. Basically so much stitching had been done that there was literally little to no fabric remaining in the area. So what at first glace looked extra sturdy was exactly the opposite.

I also think that the wash / distressing treatment of my DRKSHDW jeans played a role. While the washes are really cool looking, I suspect this process greatly compromises the integrity of the fabric.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. Just did a cursory inspection of them and didn't notice the seams coming undone or any holes near the pocket corners. The fabric is definitely very thin and light though, most likely, as you said, from the wash. I think I'll give these a go and if they end up screwing me over then no more Rick pants for me.
post #32138 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post


if you have an account on styleforum it's a fair assumption that you're far from actually being "poor" and it's actually kind of insulting to people who truly are poor.

 

Really? It didn't check my income level when I signed up. Must have skipped over that part. laugh.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post


But they can tell which one is the Carhartt hat due to the giant logo on the side. It's similar to visiting McDonnalds in that it presents itself with huge iconic arches that everyone recognizes.
 
 

You don't wear Mcdonalds.


Or are you saying that the brands of the foods you buy are similarly important as the brands of your clothes? rotflmao.gif

post #32139 of 43393

my personal brand

post #32140 of 43393
I knew a kid in high school who branded himself with his initials.
post #32141 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

I knew a kid in high school who branded himself with his initials.

 

That's intense. The most I've done was write my name on my underwear.

post #32142 of 43393
I played hockey with a bunch of goons, headcases, and rich kids who hated their parents to more than an unreasonable degree. Oh high school.
post #32143 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

You don't wear Mcdonalds.
Or are you saying that the brands of the foods you buy are similarly important as the brands of your clothes? rotflmao.gif

Actually, food is remarkably branded. What (and where) people eat is incredibly telling. It's just that people are wearing their clothes all the time, and in public. All over the world, people know McDonalds and Coca Cola. What other brands have that type of reach?
post #32144 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Actually, food is remarkably branded. What (and where) people eat is incredibly telling. It's just that people are wearing their clothes all the time, and in public. All over the world, people know McDonalds and Coca Cola. What other brands have that type of reach?

 

Yeah, but you don't buy coca-cola or mcdonalds as a symbol of status like you do with clothing. Comparing cheap hats to mcdonalds is dumb and classist. 

post #32145 of 43393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Yeah, but you don't buy coca-cola or mcdonalds as a symbol of status like you do with clothing. Comparing cheap hats to mcdonalds is dumb and classist. 

You don't? There are plenty of places in the world where Coca-Cola is a huge status symbol. Is the comparison dumb because it is classist? If so, why? Or is it both dumb and classist? Either might be true, but I don't think that you are thinking through this clearly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II