Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2121post #31801 of 5116412/24/12 at 4:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31802 of 5116412/24/12 at 4:31pmpost #31803 of 5116412/24/12 at 4:33pmpost #31804 of 5116412/24/12 at 4:40pmpost #31805 of 5116412/24/12 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by BB1
Yes, I was commenting on the likely quality and not the design. The design is good, but it is not even remotely possible to make a reasonable quality boot for mere $45. Plus H&M are world renound for making poor quality stuff. Now we hear that "the leather feels like plastic". My point is that quality and design both matter. H&M only got it half right.
I was talking more about the other stuff. I don't care if a giant fur coat is good quality, you know? So I'd rather pay $50 for it since I'm only gonna wear it once in awhile. It's a good opportunity to have fun with design without spending a fortune.post #31806 of 5116412/24/12 at 6:18pmpost #31807 of 5116412/24/12 at 7:12pmQuote:
It's not like buying a $50 boot is the same as taking out a one year lease on a $500 boot. They didn't feel like they would break in very well or be very comfortable and they seemed like they would look cheaper as they aged. Also, they were 199 euros so I was judging them on that at the time. Obviously for under a hundred bucks you could do a lot worse.post #31808 of 5116412/24/12 at 8:59pmHa yea if H&M offered those boots at $50 at the same quality level, with no brand affiliation, and very likely still buy them (and wouldn't have to go through a proxy either...). At the right price, expendable clothing is a "forgivable sin," (lol) we can't all afford the best of every piece all the time, especially with alternatives.post #31809 of 5116412/24/12 at 9:54pmpost #31810 of 5116412/24/12 at 10:51pmpost #31811 of 5116412/25/12 at 7:55ampost #31812 of 5116412/25/12 at 8:14ampost #31813 of 5116412/25/12 at 9:03ampost #31814 of 5116412/25/12 at 9:28am
- Recent purchases - Part II
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 33 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 5 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...