Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2086
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31277 of 5116112/4/12 at 9:15pmpost #31278 of 5116112/4/12 at 9:34pmi think they would look fine with different sandals - one's not as blocky and with a little texture and lighter colour (i'd not wear jet black) - the layers models looked ok with them, iirc. otherwise i think they would look cool with the only non-ugly damir footwear - those ropy/ribbony sneakers (i guess damir sandals from last SS would look cool too). something like that. i would stay away from matching them with any of your sporty type sneaks - would look very incongruous IMO
edit: south willard/kiwi "running sandals" might look cool, too.post #31279 of 5116112/4/12 at 10:28pmQuote:nah he really has his own thing going, especially his newest stuff. the fabrics/treatments/details are pretty unbeatable for the price. and he's the man.post #31280 of 5116112/4/12 at 10:32pmpost #31281 of 5116112/4/12 at 10:32pmpost #31282 of 5116112/4/12 at 11:28pmpost #31283 of 5116112/4/12 at 11:56pmpost #31284 of 5116112/5/12 at 3:46amQuote:Quote:
Not a t-shirt (and therefore probably going back):post #31285 of 5116112/5/12 at 5:19amQuote:
I feel you. I tend to like a lot of sz-leaning stuff because I appreciate the process/treatments/construction (and i've always been a bit of a closet goth-type ). The more time i spend browsing over there though the more it all starts to blur together and feel tired. I like zam's work because most of it is wearable and easy to mix with other stuff. I don't feel the need to buy raw denimz or chinos so I can get pants from him that are more interesting and throw in some geller/plokhov/uniqlo/whatever without having go full on ninja. I'm sure I'd get crucified if I posted a fit over there but I'm not really interested in fitting into that mold. That's why I prefer SF on a whole actually, I think there's more creativity here.
disclaimer: i don't mean to generalize, there are some incredibly creative people there.
also, while it's fun to mix, i would have no problem dressing head to toe in zb.post #31286 of 5116112/5/12 at 6:35ampost #31287 of 5116112/5/12 at 9:11am^this is a bit narrow-minded. sure all these brands fall into the same niche but when you've seen/handled a whole collection of his up close, you find plenty of things that don't fit with either of those examples. his fabric choices alone are enough to differentiate in my opinion. i'll quit cluttering this thread but suffice to say that if you're at all interested in the aesthetic you'll want to pay attention to what he's working on.post #31288 of 5116112/5/12 at 9:13ampost #31289 of 5116112/5/12 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by artishard116
^this is a bit narrow-minded. sure all these brands fall into the same niche but when you've seen/handled a whole collection of his up close, you find plenty of things that don't fit with either of those examples. his fabric choices alone are enough to differentiate in my opinion. i'll quit cluttering this thread but suffice to say that if you're at all interested in the aesthetic you'll want to pay attention to what he's working on.
I find them all to be pretty darn similar. They all sort of have their signnture items/design flairs. Personally I like Zam's stuff a lot more. More of it is made in my size and the materials are cooler. He has a really cool grey marl/spalted/whatever long sleeve glove hoodie. Very nice.post #31290 of 5116112/5/12 at 9:25amaside from maybe scar & over stitching or garment dyed which are just techniques, it's not really the same at all. it can compliment such things, but as Art says it helps to have handled these different collections. i mean there's nothing in any ccp collection i've seen that reminded me of zam stuff ..
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Currently, there are 1558 Active Users (383 Members and 1175 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for... 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer 9E Crockett & Jones 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...