or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2077

post #31141 of 45083
real deal. I could be wrong but i think the hm's don't have the stitching on the back
post #31142 of 45083

tried the leaden sky on the other day.. so awesome. 


Edited by ExAngel - 11/28/12 at 3:47pm
post #31143 of 45083
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgfan5 View Post

real deal. I could be wrong but i think the hm's don't have the stitching on the back

I think you're right, but wasn't completely sure so, and also the leather is a bit more shiny than the hm ones.
Anyway, nice fing02[1].gif

post #31144 of 45083
I haven't got them yet , just ordered two Iron Heart shirts black - IHSH-56 & red IHSH-72 .
Once I receive them , I'll put up pictures .

Cheers,

Scott
post #31145 of 45083
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

Discussions about wit in design are one thing, but what does quality even mean? (0)
Are we talking about durability? (lack of) defects? ??? At what point does "quality" override the stylistic value of a garment? All of this grumbling about the quality of a high-end designer's products just rings hollow, to an extent.


1. The design element of "designer" goods is clearly what takes a lot of the value of a garment. That is to be expected. People pay for good architects in the same way they pay for good design.

2. The effort that is expended in the actual production element of the process is where "quality" is defined. That effort is made up of material costs and labour costs. Nice things are generally rarer and more expensive, and good manufacturing takes time and effort.

The only time I will grumble is when I see something that is exhorbitantly expensive, yet has incurred neither any significant design costs (i.e. it's unoriginal), nor does the material and labour cost justify the price. This is when it is being sold for exclusivity and brand cachet.

Fine if that floats your boat, but don't expect me to revere such items.


As per the ongoing regis-margiela affair, I side with jet on this one. I'm the first person to advocate a friendly and welcoming atmosphere here, but if we can't use the words "overpriced", "unoriginal", "underdesigned", "poor quality" or say anything critical at all about particular collections just because they happen to be to someone's taste, then how on earth can we hope to have valuable discussion?
post #31146 of 45083
Valuable discussion? I thought this forum was for code begging and receipt posting.
post #31147 of 45083
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

^I found that amusing, was going to post the same thing as brad then laughed when I saw the strawman and brad agreeing.
Benes is drawing a conclusion based on limited information and zero first hand experience, basically juding a book by its cover. His tastes have not fully matured and as such is not qualitifed to make a valid judgment in our circle, for him yes that's fine but taste changes over time when someone is exposed to new concepts. I have been coppin margiela since 06, been to both boutiques, barneys and other shops that carry margiela, seen the expansiveness of the collections, tried on a hundred pieces etc so I feel I am qualified among others on this forum to make an informed decision which is vastly different than comparing lookbook photos online. Also I have to correct regis' reference to the new and different to just new (and not in design) as that is basically the only desirable characteristic it seems in his cops. Margiela was innovative and far ahead of its time, now it is a mere shadow of its history, innovation is gone and tackiness has ensued. Design is dead. There is nothing "different" about what the maison puts out today this is just wrong. It is just watered down and un-directional, confused at best. There is nothing wrong for buying something because you like the design but people will opine on the design and ultimately your taste, however subjective the latter may be. I think laceless sneakers look childish and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Be prepared for discussion and I must admit I rather enjoy these types of derailments.

I think this is fair. My two caveats are first that I only was referring to the runway looks and my impression of the styling (which I felt i was being pretty clear about). I think a lot of that is probably due to the ahistorical nature of me getting into fashion so I don't appreciate the ingenuity at the same level. Also yes not handling things probably makes the quality difference ok for me since I dont know what I missed out on.

And second, I never posed my opinion in an authoritative way and admitted my exposure was limited. I think its fair for me to post my impressions esp given the qualified way I do it. In fact I think a lot of good has come to me from getting feedback that I wouldn't have had from just lurking (seeing what other people do right or wrong is not the same as knowing what you didn't do right/could do better).
post #31148 of 45083
Quote:
tried the leaden sky on the other day.. so awesome

 

 

 

Mine just arrived! Pics dont really do it justice though...the awesome lightning blue streaks need to be seen in real lifenod[1].gif

post #31149 of 45083

The Dior 19cm has a larger thigh than the PS? What?

post #31150 of 45083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

how did i not know this. okay, may need to try some sometime.

yeah if the petit standard had dh19cm top block that would be killer because the stacks on the 19cm aren't as good as the ps due to the lack of taper so it will stack outwards more and be fatter at the ankle.
apc i think tried to mix the two with the petit new standard but imo that was a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gong View Post

The Dior 19cm has a larger thigh than the PS? What?

definitely.


but at the end of the day i guess if you size down 1 on a PS you would get a good result.
post #31151 of 45083

i just measured both 19cm and PS and they come in at 10" at the thigh. I think the taper or cut on PS makes the thigh tighter. 

side note: not only did luisaviaroma get my order here in 2 days, the packaging is stunning and very elegant. 

post #31152 of 45083
take into account the rise when comparing thigh measurements
post #31153 of 45083

Ervell Icelandic

Ervell faded denim bd

Ervell Winter Jeans

Our Legacy Boiled Wool

Nom de Guerre Marled Crew
post #31154 of 45083
Did you get the winter jeans off the Ervell site or are they cheaper somewhere? How do they fit?
post #31155 of 45083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

Did you get the winter jeans off the Ervell site or are they cheaper somewhere? How do they fit?
They're the ones from gilt that someone posted a link to a while back. Don't know what season they're from... they're 88 cotton / 12 wool. Fit like all the other ervell jeans I've ever had (32=30).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II