I think you're right, but wasn't completely sure so, and also the leather is a bit more shiny than the hm ones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 3:47 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2077post #31141 of 4984111/28/12 at 3:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31142 of 4984111/28/12 at 3:59pmpost #31143 of 4984111/28/12 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
Discussions about wit in design are one thing, but what does quality even mean? (0)
Are we talking about durability? (lack of) defects? ??? At what point does "quality" override the stylistic value of a garment? All of this grumbling about the quality of a high-end designer's products just rings hollow, to an extent.
1. The design element of "designer" goods is clearly what takes a lot of the value of a garment. That is to be expected. People pay for good architects in the same way they pay for good design.
2. The effort that is expended in the actual production element of the process is where "quality" is defined. That effort is made up of material costs and labour costs. Nice things are generally rarer and more expensive, and good manufacturing takes time and effort.
The only time I will grumble is when I see something that is exhorbitantly expensive, yet has incurred neither any significant design costs (i.e. it's unoriginal), nor does the material and labour cost justify the price. This is when it is being sold for exclusivity and brand cachet.
Fine if that floats your boat, but don't expect me to revere such items.
As per the ongoing regis-margiela affair, I side with jet on this one. I'm the first person to advocate a friendly and welcoming atmosphere here, but if we can't use the words "overpriced", "unoriginal", "underdesigned", "poor quality" or say anything critical at all about particular collections just because they happen to be to someone's taste, then how on earth can we hope to have valuable discussion?post #31144 of 4984111/28/12 at 4:32pmpost #31145 of 4984111/28/12 at 4:40pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by jet
^I found that amusing, was going to post the same thing as brad then laughed when I saw the strawman and brad agreeing.
Benes is drawing a conclusion based on limited information and zero first hand experience, basically juding a book by its cover. His tastes have not fully matured and as such is not qualitifed to make a valid judgment in our circle, for him yes that's fine but taste changes over time when someone is exposed to new concepts. I have been coppin margiela since 06, been to both boutiques, barneys and other shops that carry margiela, seen the expansiveness of the collections, tried on a hundred pieces etc so I feel I am qualified among others on this forum to make an informed decision which is vastly different than comparing lookbook photos online. Also I have to correct regis' reference to the new and different to just new (and not in design) as that is basically the only desirable characteristic it seems in his cops. Margiela was innovative and far ahead of its time, now it is a mere shadow of its history, innovation is gone and tackiness has ensued. Design is dead. There is nothing "different" about what the maison puts out today this is just wrong. It is just watered down and un-directional, confused at best. There is nothing wrong for buying something because you like the design but people will opine on the design and ultimately your taste, however subjective the latter may be. I think laceless sneakers look childish and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Be prepared for discussion and I must admit I rather enjoy these types of derailments.
I think this is fair. My two caveats are first that I only was referring to the runway looks and my impression of the styling (which I felt i was being pretty clear about). I think a lot of that is probably due to the ahistorical nature of me getting into fashion so I don't appreciate the ingenuity at the same level. Also yes not handling things probably makes the quality difference ok for me since I dont know what I missed out on.
And second, I never posed my opinion in an authoritative way and admitted my exposure was limited. I think its fair for me to post my impressions esp given the qualified way I do it. In fact I think a lot of good has come to me from getting feedback that I wouldn't have had from just lurking (seeing what other people do right or wrong is not the same as knowing what you didn't do right/could do better).post #31146 of 4984111/28/12 at 5:25pmpost #31147 of 4984111/28/12 at 5:52pmpost #31148 of 4984111/28/12 at 6:57pm
yeah if the petit standard had dh19cm top block that would be killer because the stacks on the 19cm aren't as good as the ps due to the lack of taper so it will stack outwards more and be fatter at the ankle.
apc i think tried to mix the two with the petit new standard but imo that was a failure.
but at the end of the day i guess if you size down 1 on a PS you would get a good result.post #31149 of 4984111/28/12 at 7:00pmpost #31150 of 4984111/28/12 at 7:16pmpost #31151 of 4984111/28/12 at 7:17pmpost #31152 of 4984111/28/12 at 8:05pmpost #31153 of 4984111/28/12 at 8:44pmpost #31154 of 4984111/28/12 at 9:42pmpost #31155 of 4984111/28/12 at 9:58pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1250 Active Users (214 Members and 1036 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 14 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Weekender / Duffle suggestions 7 minutes ago
- › Douglas Fairbanks Jr. interview 10 minutes ago
- › SALT OPTICS SHAW - MATTE BLUE ACETATE EYEGLASSES 10 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Sale UK 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 26 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015