I think you're right, but wasn't completely sure so, and also the leather is a bit more shiny than the hm ones.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 26 Last post on 10/26/14 at 7:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear)Last edited: 1/9/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2077post #31141 of 4630911/28/12 at 3:20pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31142 of 4630911/28/12 at 3:59pmpost #31143 of 4630911/28/12 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
Discussions about wit in design are one thing, but what does quality even mean? (0)
Are we talking about durability? (lack of) defects? ??? At what point does "quality" override the stylistic value of a garment? All of this grumbling about the quality of a high-end designer's products just rings hollow, to an extent.
1. The design element of "designer" goods is clearly what takes a lot of the value of a garment. That is to be expected. People pay for good architects in the same way they pay for good design.
2. The effort that is expended in the actual production element of the process is where "quality" is defined. That effort is made up of material costs and labour costs. Nice things are generally rarer and more expensive, and good manufacturing takes time and effort.
The only time I will grumble is when I see something that is exhorbitantly expensive, yet has incurred neither any significant design costs (i.e. it's unoriginal), nor does the material and labour cost justify the price. This is when it is being sold for exclusivity and brand cachet.
Fine if that floats your boat, but don't expect me to revere such items.
As per the ongoing regis-margiela affair, I side with jet on this one. I'm the first person to advocate a friendly and welcoming atmosphere here, but if we can't use the words "overpriced", "unoriginal", "underdesigned", "poor quality" or say anything critical at all about particular collections just because they happen to be to someone's taste, then how on earth can we hope to have valuable discussion?post #31144 of 4630911/28/12 at 4:32pmpost #31145 of 4630911/28/12 at 4:40pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by jet
^I found that amusing, was going to post the same thing as brad then laughed when I saw the strawman and brad agreeing.
Benes is drawing a conclusion based on limited information and zero first hand experience, basically juding a book by its cover. His tastes have not fully matured and as such is not qualitifed to make a valid judgment in our circle, for him yes that's fine but taste changes over time when someone is exposed to new concepts. I have been coppin margiela since 06, been to both boutiques, barneys and other shops that carry margiela, seen the expansiveness of the collections, tried on a hundred pieces etc so I feel I am qualified among others on this forum to make an informed decision which is vastly different than comparing lookbook photos online. Also I have to correct regis' reference to the new and different to just new (and not in design) as that is basically the only desirable characteristic it seems in his cops. Margiela was innovative and far ahead of its time, now it is a mere shadow of its history, innovation is gone and tackiness has ensued. Design is dead. There is nothing "different" about what the maison puts out today this is just wrong. It is just watered down and un-directional, confused at best. There is nothing wrong for buying something because you like the design but people will opine on the design and ultimately your taste, however subjective the latter may be. I think laceless sneakers look childish and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Be prepared for discussion and I must admit I rather enjoy these types of derailments.
I think this is fair. My two caveats are first that I only was referring to the runway looks and my impression of the styling (which I felt i was being pretty clear about). I think a lot of that is probably due to the ahistorical nature of me getting into fashion so I don't appreciate the ingenuity at the same level. Also yes not handling things probably makes the quality difference ok for me since I dont know what I missed out on.
And second, I never posed my opinion in an authoritative way and admitted my exposure was limited. I think its fair for me to post my impressions esp given the qualified way I do it. In fact I think a lot of good has come to me from getting feedback that I wouldn't have had from just lurking (seeing what other people do right or wrong is not the same as knowing what you didn't do right/could do better).post #31146 of 4630911/28/12 at 5:25pmpost #31147 of 4630911/28/12 at 5:52pmpost #31148 of 4630911/28/12 at 6:57pm
yeah if the petit standard had dh19cm top block that would be killer because the stacks on the 19cm aren't as good as the ps due to the lack of taper so it will stack outwards more and be fatter at the ankle.
apc i think tried to mix the two with the petit new standard but imo that was a failure.
but at the end of the day i guess if you size down 1 on a PS you would get a good result.post #31149 of 4630911/28/12 at 7:00pmpost #31150 of 4630911/28/12 at 7:16pmpost #31151 of 4630911/28/12 at 7:17pmpost #31152 of 4630911/28/12 at 8:05pmpost #31153 of 4630911/28/12 at 8:44pmpost #31154 of 4630911/28/12 at 9:42pmpost #31155 of 4630911/28/12 at 9:58pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
Currently, there are 913 Active Users (167 Members and 746 Guests)
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 31 OCTOBER - BLACK SHOES AND VEST GAME 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 14 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 15 minutes ago
- › WTS: THOM BROWNE GREY SWEATPANTS size 1 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 24 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)