or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2074

post #31096 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Idk, I like the recent fall collection more than I liked the 07 collection. I think a lot of people were just caught up in the fact that MM left, but the design team that has stayed I think still puts out some great stuff Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
and a lot of it I like more than what MM was doing when he was at the helm.

this doesn't make sense. nothing from recent seasons is "quirky" like it used to be. nothing is remotely as clever or thought out as OG mmm.

every season it's the same stuff churned out in different colors or fabrics:
  • elbow patch crew necks
  • 5zip leather
  • endless lowtops
  • a midtop or two (either gat style or OG hightop turned mid style)
  • fugly hightops
  • a sidezip chelsea
  • some oxfords
  • several suits all of which have nothing new or particularly "difficult"
  • a bunch of jewelry that looks the same
  • fingerless gloves with 4 stitches on one side
  • a shawl collar cardigan or pullover
  • a few jeans in different colors
  • some boring dress pants
  • the aids tee
  • other tees with meaningless prints

then there are some show pieces...oki-ni will get a few, the rest will go to the mmm boutiques.
these may be interesting but nothing particularly amazing or innovative.
do 0/10 items even get made anymore?
when was the last time you saw a truly new replica piece from line 14?

the current Design Team is a bunch of interns that sit around playing show-and-tell with each other and whatever object they coated in white paint that day

Disagree with that, but great, don't buy it...what a simple concept no?

Most of my favorite pieces come from SS10/11/12 and there are plenty of great replica items.

Quality is a word very highly overused here almost as much as cocaine used to be.

I can make the same list for any designer, don't know why Margiela is the one thrown under the bus, I do but you know the beating the dead horse thing
post #31097 of 45015
Discussions about wit in design are one thing, but what does quality even mean? (0)

Are we talking about durability? (lack of) defects? ??? At what point does "quality" override the stylistic value of a garment? All of this grumbling about the quality of a high-end designer's products just rings hollow, to an extent.

The reason that I look for designer pieces on sale, on B&S, or elsewhere, is because I know that I can't find that exact design elsewhere. Knock-off pieces from chain stores hardly do their source of inspiration justice; and there's no doubt that the touch, fit, and consistency of the "real thing" far surpass the knock-offs. I know that I've no experience with much designer clothing—much less experience determining the "quality" of some piece of clothing—but what concrete examples can you guys point to when the integrity of quality is at stake? I'm sincerely interested in better understanding this.
post #31098 of 45015
Guy The linen shirts are very nice, picture doesn't show the two front darts or the curved hem very well. Look at the measurements on Mr. Porter (most accurate I've found) the sizes run a bit large
post #31099 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

Disagree with that, but great, don't buy it...what a simple concept no?

conversation's over folks, if you don't wanna buy something don't talk about it. styleforum 2012
post #31100 of 45015
spiderman movies were terrible
post #31101 of 45015
If you don't like it don't buy it. This conversation has been had 13 times with the same posters. Thanks for the comment, always appreciated
post #31102 of 45015
Eh brad I don't think that's a fair representation of regis' response.
post #31103 of 45015
Regis, nobody was hating on you. Are peeps not allowed to discuss current MMM vs OG MMM without insulting you?
post #31104 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

If you don't like it don't buy it.

if you don't like it don't read it and certainly don't respond to it
post #31105 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

spiderman movies were terrible

You guys can say whatever you want about Spiderman but I got the rottentomatoes and IMDB scoreboard! And I liked them. Idk what you guys don't like about them but maybe you guys just have very different tastes.

I really liked requiem for a dream but I have some friends who hate it. Ditto with funny games (the tim roth version).

And about quality, no idea what that means for most of SF. For me durability is pretty important because I don't have the cash to replace really fragile items. So that takes care of a lot of esoteric pieces. And while I don't blacklist dry clean only items, I do try to go the non DC route as best I can. Obv this is a much looser rule than the fragility rule.

Internal personalizations are also a nice touch. My edun jeans have excerpts from rilkes duino elegies on the inside and other cool going ons. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #31106 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by istasi View Post

Regis, nobody was hating on you. Are peeps not allowed to discuss current MMM vs OG MMM without insulting you?

MAYBE REGIS IS ON THE DESIGN TEAM!? Explains the extensive collection....!

Throw me some discounts brah smile.gif
post #31107 of 45015
teger/apk, please help to shut benesyed up.
post #31108 of 45015
There must be a hidden backstory I didn't read because these comments directed toward Regis have never really made much sense to me.
post #31109 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by istasi View Post

Regis, nobody was hating on you. Are peeps not allowed to discuss current MMM vs OG MMM without insulting you?

Im going to wear it anyways, I'm not insulted. I made a simple point, its been discussed already so I skipped to a simple response. It is no coincidence I am usually the one that triggers these conversations and I respond cause I disagree. My posts are nitpicked as you can see with a one line quote being taken out of proportion

Can't help it its the same people that say the say thing, I will disagree all the time
post #31110 of 45015
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewho13 View Post

There must be a hidden backstory I didn't read because these comments directed toward Regis have never really made much sense to me.

lol8[1].gif You can even tell by the thumbs ups its a repetitive knee jerk reaction regardless of any points made
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II