Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 2065
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30962 of 5118911/23/12 at 7:02am
I really like the look and fabric of the TB varsity, but its the fit on TB pieces that throws me off. I like it slim and close to the body but he makes his jackets very boxy and just weird sometimes IDK what to expect. The TB is $500 more than the DS jacket. I can't just buy it and return it without a high cost because import duties are not refundable.
Stylistic differences - put that aside. The way I am looking at it is this is I am building my wardrobe. I need a classic varsity jacket as an essential piece of outwear. I want to invest in a high quality one. I have looked long and hard for a nice varsity and waited over the seasons patiently. Shipley & Halmos had one last season but I waited too long and it sold out. The question for me is, is this TB varsity the one I should pull the trigger on? I have waited a few seasons and in my opinion, it is probably the most spectacular looking varsity i have seen in a while...., but that does not necessarily mean its the right choice for me.
Also note, this jacket is $1,600 (which I am happy to spend if its the one that meets my requirements as described above).post #30963 of 5118911/23/12 at 7:12ampost #30964 of 5118911/23/12 at 8:02ampost #30965 of 5118911/23/12 at 10:50ampost #30966 of 5118911/23/12 at 12:15pmpost #30967 of 5118911/23/12 at 12:22pm
Just picked this up from Gary @ Drinkwater's. Awesome service, as always. Drinkwater's is definitely one of the best EG stock lists (and they stock xs!).
also paid denim therapy about as much as my pair of jeans is worth to repair all the holes, because, you know, that's logical.
Edited by mike868y - 11/23/12 at 12:40pmpost #30968 of 5118911/23/12 at 5:44pmpost #30969 of 5118911/23/12 at 9:44pmpost #30970 of 5118911/23/12 at 10:21pmpost #30971 of 5118911/23/12 at 10:27pmpost #30972 of 5118911/23/12 at 10:31pmpost #30973 of 5118911/23/12 at 10:31pmpost #30974 of 5118911/24/12 at 12:00am
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fit Critique, Sport Coat 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Cordovan Boots and Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?