or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 1954

post #29296 of 43373
I did not keep up with that convo so I'm assuming it is bad since you said 'fish'

Will go read now and be even more crushed.
post #29297 of 43373
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

I did not keep up with that convo so I'm assuming it is bad since you said 'fish'

Definitely fish welt. Sorry bro lol8[1].gif
post #29298 of 43373
trout or cod tho?
post #29299 of 43373
definitely not marine...i mean obviously...
post #29300 of 43373
Well, I will confirm this with my cobbler this Saturday. FWIW there is stitching on the side of the sole.

If it is a blake construction, cool.

If it is a fish, ffffuuuu.gif

Still going to topy.

See more photos:


post #29301 of 43373
toasty, can you fit pant legs over those?
post #29302 of 43373
Quote:
Originally Posted by artishard116 View Post

toasty, can you fit pant legs over those?

He posted more pictures in the thread in his signature.
post #29303 of 43373
Quote:
8031776768_6d6555e0ff.jpg

This doesn't look like blake stitching. Looks more like the stitches that run around that extra layer of leather that's glued near the heel for padding (I forget what it's called). That stitching is, from my experience, usually non functional and has little to do with the construction of the boot.

If you want definite proof of blake stitching, look further into the boot closer to the toe box, past the point where that padded layer ends. If you see thick white stitches, that's the blake stitching.

Oh, and if it turns out to be fish construction, that's great news! Fish stitching is so rare nowadays, with all this overfishing and everything. Plus government regulations became much tighter when people started finding dolphins in their boots, making fish construction an even more unlikely sight.
post #29304 of 43373
^I can't really see it but I can feel the same stitching running from heel to rounding out at the toe. This is indeed intriguing stuff about shoe construction
post #29305 of 43373


Black longsleeve tee. Largish opening. Figured I can wear it on it's own, layer over it, or layer under it. Drapes nicely, and feels good.
post #29306 of 43373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post


Black longsleeve tee. Largish opening. Figured I can wear it on it's own, layer over it, or layer under it. Drapes nicely, and feels good.

been looking for something like this, deets? nod[1].gif

post #29307 of 43373
From JC, you are probably one of the few people on the forum with access to the stores, I think. By their new brand Size 8 needle. They make a lot of black-grey stuff, drapey cardigans, etc. 40€.

Won a 150€ gift card from their styling competition in the summer, and I had still 135€ left to spend there, so I thought I'd get it.
post #29308 of 43373


Better photo of the knit
6211319621_2b1c8541a1.jpg
post #29309 of 43373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

From JC, you are probably one of the few people on the forum with access to the stores, I think. By their new brand Size 8 needle. They make a lot of black-grey stuff, drapey cardigans, etc. 40€.
Won a 150€ gift card from their styling competition in the summer, and I had still 135€ left to spend there, so I thought I'd get it.

Yeah, there's a store downtown, haven't been in there for ages though since I've never found anything there I like  laugh.gif
but will check it out, thanks 
and if you don't find any use for the giftcard i'd be ahppy to get it rolleyes.gif

post #29310 of 43373

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II