Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 1871post #28051 of 511617/30/12 at 12:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28052 of 511617/30/12 at 1:12pmpost #28053 of 511617/30/12 at 3:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by aether
that shearling is cool because it's not super thick like most i've seen, at least it doesn't look like it.
but I'm not sure I see everything. Is it lined with shearling completely inside, and then the torso is also shearling on the outside? the arms appear to be cream blistered leather or something too? also, can't tell because your arm is up, but looks an iota boxy/oversized...
Yes, inner + outer on the torso, inner only on the arms, which are a cream contrast leather. Shearling doesn't exactly drape, if you know what I mean, so it probably looks a little funky with my arm up - but it's definitely not skin tight, and is cut boxy and tapered. It should give me room for a heavy sweater.
Bows, it was on SZ for an absolutely bonkers price.post #28054 of 511617/30/12 at 4:59pmpost #28055 of 511617/30/12 at 5:54pmpost #28056 of 511617/30/12 at 6:15pmQuote:
The quality is good. The leather feels reasonably nice and consistent with what you would expect from a ~$300 shoe (I think retail was just a bit under 3 hundred). Made in Italy. They should fill a nice gap in my wardrobe and seem versatile enough to wear for both biz cas at work, and also to wear more casual with the ervell jeans and button up I recently got (but had been struggling to find shoes to go with from what I had existing). But for under 100 bucks....highly recommended.
The shoes run long, size down 1 recommended. I am a US9 and these in a 41 is very good
Still considering a pair of those cap toe semi-brogued Carmina's too, but these will do me good for the time being.post #28057 of 511617/30/12 at 6:28pmpost #28058 of 511617/30/12 at 6:32pmpost #28059 of 511617/30/12 at 6:42pmpost #28060 of 511617/30/12 at 8:14pmpost #28061 of 511617/30/12 at 8:27pmpost #28062 of 511617/31/12 at 12:22ampost #28063 of 511617/31/12 at 8:33ampost #28064 of 511617/31/12 at 10:29ampost #28065 of 511617/31/12 at 10:30am
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Currently, there are 1702 Active Users (418 Members and 1284 Guests)
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 seconds ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 45 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Wing Tip Boots, Commando Soles, Barrie Last, Size 7 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...