or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 1843

post #27631 of 44831
i want some birks.
post #27632 of 44831
Birks are only acceptable for 16 yr olds at Jewish summer camp and dave matthews band concerts.
post #27633 of 44831
Quote:
Originally Posted by about11oclock View Post

16 yr olds at Jewish summer camp

welp i'm good
post #27634 of 44831
^haha

It's cool if you guys cop just no point in posting them or fits with them, one step or two above shitty flip flops.
post #27635 of 44831
^ +1. It's like synth talking about wearing basketball shorts all summer and never posting a fit. It's fine, but nobody really wants to see that shit.
post #27636 of 44831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeemon View Post

468468
468468
i don't know why i need the undercover gun yet, maybe i put keys and coins inside it
sized one up for the ervell shorts, don't know if that is good, but they look too slim on the photo

 

Weird, playful and unusual wallet. How you will carry it? 

 

 

tumblr_lzjt8vvhQS1qcagd9o1_400.jpg

post #27637 of 44831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post

You really come across as judgemental and preachy despite being a supposedly well-educated, open minded libertarian... No offense of course.

I am judgmental, why is that surprising? I don't want to pass a law to forbid you to wear birks or to send you guys into camps but I sure as hell am ok with harsh aesthetic judgments and discussions on the social process that push many to adopt certain fashions. You don't think "well-educated" people have strong likes and dislikes and echange endless arguments about them, especially i the context of a particular venue dedicated to clothes and their combination (outfits)?
post #27638 of 44831

I wore birks in elementary school--you pretty much had to have one if you wanted to be cool.  i also wore quicksilver.  

post #27639 of 44831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

I am judgmental, why is that surprising? I don't want to pass a law to forbid you to wear birks or to send you guys into camps but I sure as hell am ok with harsh aesthetic judgments and discussions on the social process that push many to adopt certain fashions. You don't think "well-educated" people have strong likes and dislikes and echange endless arguments about them, especially i the context of a particular venue dedicated to clothes and their combination (outfits)?

Your aesthetic judgments just come across equally well-considered as "fuuma looks like a euro-trash douche", which in my opinion doesnt bring much to the table as basis for endless arguments about outfits. I just expected more from someone with your cerebral pretensions...
post #27640 of 44831
I love it when something that sold out reappears in my shopping cart.

w4MRb.jpg
post #27641 of 44831
Is that the one I sent back last week?
post #27642 of 44831
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post

Your aesthetic judgments just come across equally well-considered as "fuuma looks like a euro-trash douche", which in my opinion doesnt bring much to the table as basis for endless arguments about outfits. I just expected more from someone with your cerebral pretensions...

My "cerebral pretensions", c'mon. It's not because some people on this forum decided that I was a snobbish intellectual asshole that you need to agree. I am relatively cultured and well-educated and so are a couple of peeps here (including you), who cares?

This trend, originating in Japanese mags, of bringing awkward western footwear fraught with negative baby boomer slob connotations, is a mix of trolling and a display of power. Jap stylists, who are fully aware of what these unfortunate looking designs (New Balances, Birks) evoke in western minds, image-bomb them on an unaware and almost slavishly conformist market of Japanese consumers who jump at the chance to dress like the mags tell them to, hilarity ensues. Stylists get a kick of re-contextualizing the formerly unfashionable items but in reality no such thing happens as the Japanese were and still are entirely unaware of the connotations surrounding these items. All we’re left with is a banally mediocre design, badly integrated in otherwise somewhat successful outfits. That westerners would jump at the chance to join in once the formerly abhorred item has been anointed by the Japanese street fashion-gods (already a misconception, they just dress exactly like mags tell them to) brings another layer of stupidity to the whole endeavor.

I’m not against trends and like this (cyclical) injection of new directions and mood but I don’t think we can a) adopt everything without exerting critical thought b) get away from the mediocrity of certain designs (leaving aside the social, merely talking about shapes, textures and colours). This stuff isn’t challenging any norms or truly ugly in an interesting way like Carol Christian Poell drip sneakers, a completely vile looking design that reminds me of pus oozing out of an infected wound.
post #27643 of 44831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeemon View Post

i don't know why i need the undercover gun yet, maybe i put keys and coins inside it
sized one up for the ervell shorts, don't know if that is good, but they look too slim on the photo

Shall we take bets on how long before shit goes down because you whipped out your Undercover gun pouch?
post #27644 of 44831

Idk Fuuma, are you really too cool for shitty trends?  If somebody wants to wear NBs or birks cause they're in right now who fucking cares, they're cheap and comfortable and will probably fall apart right around the time the trend dies.

post #27645 of 44831
I think ambivalence is a good policy when it comes to what clothing/food/music/aesthetic object makes another person happy... As long as it doesn't entail the practice of Sadean ethics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II