Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAnn Demeulemeestertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandButterotagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEpaulettagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- brandEsemplaretagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemEsemplare jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryGlovestagged by LA Guy, 12/28/14
- itemRick Owens - VEGETAL LIGHT LAMBSKIN LEATHER JACKETtagged by Jbravo, 10/17/13
- brandUndercovertagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemUndercover Coattagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13More
- itemUndercover Jackettagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandVisvimtagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the Ronald McDonald House. Last post on 1/8/16 at 1:11pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 12/4/15 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear
- eBay Roundup Week of January 11, 2015 Last post on 1/11/15 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- The Official Styleforum Vendors NYC Trunk Show Thread - Nov 16 and 17 - No Man Walks Alone, Kent... Last post on 10/22/14 at 3:41pm in Classic Menswear
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.2.2013 Last post on 10/3/13 at 4:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim Head
Last edited: 12/6/15
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans & Trousers)Last edited: 12/11/12
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent purchases - Part II - Page 1821post #27301 of 511647/3/12 at 12:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27302 of 511647/3/12 at 1:18pmpost #27303 of 511647/3/12 at 2:21pm
Bought these after seeing the detailed pics of the white ones... Definitely no CP quality, but pretty decent for 100 euros including shipping. This picture of the leather on the high tops really had me on the fence though... Leather just terrible over there IMO.
Edited by Monn1k - 7/3/12 at 2:33pmpost #27304 of 511647/3/12 at 2:28pmpost #27305 of 511647/3/12 at 3:27pmpost #27306 of 511647/3/12 at 7:50pm
svensson's low whites arrived today. leather is nice and soft, but not as nice as cp's. first pic is in the shade, as you can see it seems slightly off-white in colour, which i quite like - you dont go through the blinding-white-new-sneaker phase as much. took a photo in the sun to show that it is white, just not overwhelmingly so. it has more padding (especially near the heel and tongue, almost like the premium achilles) which makes it more comfortable. has a slightly chunkier profile. sole is the same. lengthwise its the same as cps, but slightly roomier in width - if you have wide feet and your cps are a tad long, id daresay go one down. all in all very happy with them, especially for the price!
worn black achilles for comparison. as you can see, less padding, toebox is almost flush with the edge of the sole where the stitching is, giving a sleeker profile. leather is just as soft but is a bit more substantial. love them both :)post #27307 of 511647/4/12 at 1:53pmpost #27308 of 511647/4/12 at 3:59pmpost #27309 of 511647/4/12 at 4:42pmpost #27310 of 511647/4/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Is the sizing same as CPs? Too lazy to scroll back through the giant mess of posts about thempost #27311 of 511647/4/12 at 5:30pmpost #27312 of 511647/4/12 at 8:28pmpost #27313 of 511647/5/12 at 2:23pm
Hadn't been too wowed by any of the Silent offerings I'd handled, but the fabric on these is really nice. Plush yet lighter than any bottoms I own, shorts included. Now I just need to get over the mental barrier of thinking I'm going to rip out the shit out of the crotch doing something like skipping a step going up some stairs.post #27314 of 511647/5/12 at 2:53pm
- Recent purchases - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 12 minutes ago
- › S.N.S. Herning Stark in Blue Gene 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...