or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent purchases - Part II - Page 1433

post #21481 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

I own 5 rick leathers, very jealous...

haha jesus christ really? i remember like just a year ago you said you weren't really into leather.
post #21482 of 44841
yah, im kinda disgusted with myself lol

err, I didn't wanna buy leather a year ago cuz I thought it was cookie-cutter goth ninja style, and wanted to experiment with drapey shit. Then I realized I love the feel of wearing leather, and decided to become a cookie.


yah, I got rid of one so I have 4 now.

but I'm getting rid of two cuz of fit reasons. Berger has insanely big sleeves cuz its made for really built dudes. Need a S in oiled calf, seems like the only one that will fit me adequately. So I have two of the same leather in different material and different sizes, none fit well. One is too tight and the other is too loose, lol.
post #21483 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post

I was trying to be nice about it. I was saying I don't see cohesion from what you buy, and your fits demonstrate that your wardrobe is wearing you, and not vice versa. Its not necessarily that I care, cuz when you post a fit on WAYWT I think one acknowledges you aren't going to be absolved from criticism.


Yeah like I said, the whole reason I post is to improve. I love it when someone posts and get shitted on and then say they don't care what you think. Obviously I cared enough to take a picture and post it. Anyway, I am going to stop posting the brands when I post fits, just criticism of the fit and not the price would be appreciated.

post #21484 of 44841
get a better camera if you can afford this stuff
post #21485 of 44841
I really suggest first finding what fits for your build. Also, it doesn't matter if you post the names of the items because what matters right now is that the items fit you. You seem to struggle on that front, I originally made a comment in WAYWT that you should maybe invest money in travel so you could actually try on shit, and see what works for you better.


yah and a fucking camera
post #21486 of 44841

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnna1 View Post



So but them yourself then and wear them how you want to. Why do you care so much how I am wearing what I own? Whatever I don't want to get into a long argument here or anything I enjoy this forum and will continue to. And I never claimed you should not criticize my fits, if they are bad tell me that. But constructive criticism would be better than just saying I spend too much money.... Just trying to improve.



It isn't 'jealousy,' it's the fact that spending $5k on a single outfit makes it exponentially easier to look good.  When somebody posts a fit and a bit of it looks off, usually it's a cheaper item, and the fact that it doesn't fit quite right isn't due to a failure on the part of the person to understand what works for them, just a shortage of clothing budget.

 

When you're dropping that much money on clothing and things don't fit, it's solely your own fault.  You've got the resources to make the outfit look good, and from what I can tell from your photos everything is too big.

 

Also stop telling everyone they're jealous; you look about 16 so I can't imagine it's your own cash you're blowing.

post #21487 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Quote:


It isn't 'jealousy,' it's the fact that spending $5k on a single outfit makes it exponentially easier to look good.  When somebody posts a fit and a bit of it looks off, usually it's a cheaper item, and the fact that it doesn't fit quite right isn't due to a failure on the part of the person to understand what works for them, just a shortage of clothing budget.

When you're dropping that much money on clothing and things don't fit, it's solely your own fault.  You've got the resources to make the outfit look good, and from what I can tell from your photos everything is too big.

Also stop telling everyone they're jealous; you look about 16 so I can't imagine it's your own cash you're blowing.

so? wtf does this have to with anything?

if you dont like his fits be specific of why? you say everything is "to big." do you have an example of what this means? i am not saying you are right or not but dont say stupid shit like you did above. personally, i think you are extremely jealous otherwise you would not have made your last comment. but i could care less what you feel.

the guy is buying real clothing and is welcoming your comments on how to improve his look, which is much more then most of you people do (myself included). instead of making blanket statements it would be more helpful if you provided specific examples of what you mean.
post #21488 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post

but i could care less what you feel.

this much is at least clear ...
post #21489 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

If SNS Hernings are beaters now, styleforum has come a LONG way.

haha yeah... I think its more of a case that people heard Jet saying it and kept mindlessly repeating it, not thinking about the fact that Jet pretty much collects high end knits and a "beater" knit to him is still nicer than 90% of the knits in most people's closets. They aren't super soft and luxurious, but they're well-constructed, good quality, slim-ish fitting knits that can be found at a reasonable price.
post #21490 of 44841
whatever123 you suck. go have another nervous breakdown in the yuketen thread. i don't care where his money comes from, but the purpose of this site is to solicit opinions, and my opinion is that, considering how all his fit pics are pretty meh, he just wasted a bunch of cash on shit that won't fit well.
post #21491 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

whatever123 you suck. go have another nervous breakdown in the yuketen thread.

lmao
post #21492 of 44841
YOUR BOOTS THAT ARE IDENTICAL TO YUKETENS IN EVERY WAY DON"T HAVE THE CORRECT STAMP!!!!! noo1oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #21493 of 44841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

whatever123 you suck. go have another nervous breakdown in the yuketen thread. i don't care where his money comes from, but the purpose of this site is to solicit opinions, and my opinion is that, considering how all his fit pics are pretty meh, he just wasted a bunch of cash on shit that won't fit well.

why? post an example.
post #21494 of 44841
The dnna1 fiasco reminds me of when Fark (I think?) joined SZ. He had a lot of expensive shit and didn't wear it particularly well, so people accused him of being a victim of hype, not being connected to the aesthetic, or some other bullshit. Then he learned how to wear all his expensive shit and now everybody loves him. He still looks like a generic SZ fanboi, but they've accepted him into the fold. It was a lulzy time. A true SZ experience.
post #21495 of 44841
no, his stuff fit him fine even in the beginning, their argument was that authenticity stuff. I think the jealousy was sparked by how he posted all the shit he owned, and then desperately sought for acceptance by even going as far as making a video about SZ. Also, this talk about generic is funny considering the type of fits you post, look like everyone I see outside on a daily basis.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Recent purchases - Part II