or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 636

post #9526 of 16108
Get a pair of Sony Qualias.
post #9527 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

So, on the lookout for a new pair of headphones, preferably on-ear (not in-ear, and not over-ear) for listening to music, watching movies/tv-series, and playing games.
I'd like to get some seriously nice ones, so my budget is 200-300, and obviously, I want them to look amazing aswell.
The prime candidate right now is the TMA-1 by AiAiAi which gets amazing reviews and are also the best on-ears i've ever seen in this price-range.

 

But, does anyone have any other suggestions?
(BTW don't suggest Sennheiser or Audio Technica, I find all of them really ugly lol8[1].gif

I'm a bigtime AKG fan...

 

AKG K701

7277_1318592741.jpg

 

AKG Q701 - Quincy Jones line... Great reviews... The green cord can make or break it for you though. 

231

post #9528 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post

^ I know you said no earbuds, but these are pretty cool anyway: http://www.munitio.com/products/

 

Hah yeah, rather cool, but I'm thinking about stepping up my game regarding whatever headphones I'm gonna buy, thanks though


Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

 

Well by ruling out sennheiser you're limiting yourself since they make the best ones.  Pioneer's are nice too but they'll break.  I guess I'd recommend these:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Heath-Professional-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B00797YYV8/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

 

Thanks, I didn't find them that good-looking though

 

Originally Posted by Aeneas View Post

Check out Bowers and Wilkins P5 headphones.

 

Seen those before! real cool

 

Originally Posted by max_r View Post

I've always used sony MDR-V6's. nice and clear sounding, only critique i have is that they're a bit light on the low end.
They're tracking headphones, so they isolate outside noise quite well too. the earpads wear out kinda quick though. replacement ones are cheap.

 

Those I wouldn't wear for everyday use, thanks anyway

 

Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


AKG or Beyerdynamic

 

AKG actually have some kinda cool ones, beyerdynamic I didn't find very appealing, thanks though

 

Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

Get a pair of Sony Qualias.

 

Haha those are cool, but way to spaced out for my tastes ^^

 

Originally Posted by Monn1k View Post

I'm a bigtime AKG fan...

 

AKG K701

7277_1318592741.jpg

 

AKG Q701 - Quincy Jones line... Great reviews... The green cord can make or break it for you though. 

231

 

Hm....kinda cool...but...idunno....or yeah....but naah......
 

 

Thanks everyone for all the responses and suggestions, real appreciated fing02[1].gif

post #9529 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post


There are a lot of those, though most look like s**t
Found one that seemed a bit better than the rest:http://www.stanleylondon.com/creditcardwallet.htm (but I still wouldn't recommend it)

If it is that you want something slim with space for a few cards, and some bills aswell, and you want it to look amazing

(both when you buy it and after it's been used for quite a while), I think you should check out this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/93275072/mens-vegetable-tanned-leather-wallet-us



Some other nice brands are saddleback leather and hellbrand leather

Actually found this Coach one that I really like
post #9530 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post

I've always used sony MDR-V6's. nice and clear sounding, only critique i have is that they're a bit light on the low end.
They're tracking headphones, so they isolate outside noise quite well too. the earpads wear out kinda quick though. replacement ones are cheap.

 

I have been using a pair of the exact same headphones for years. I agree with the earpads issue, but I would definitely recommend them!

post #9531 of 16108

Can anyone identify the shoes this dude is wearing? Or something similar? Thanks in advance!

 

tumblr_m4lasi180n1rutrzlo1_1280.jpg

 

IMG_0522.jpg

 

IMG_0713.jpg

post #9532 of 16108
post #9533 of 16108

it sounds like you care more about how they look than anything else just get a pair of earbuds or something who wears giant headphones outside the house anyway

post #9534 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

So, on the lookout for a new pair of headphones, preferably on-ear (not in-ear, and not over-ear) for listening to music, watching movies/tv-series, and playing games.

I'd like to get some seriously nice ones, so my budget is 200-300, and obviously, I want them to look amazing aswell.

The prime candidate right now is the TMA-1 by AiAiAi which gets amazing reviews and are also the best on-ears i've ever seen in this price-range.
350x234px-LL-47836911_5269926258_3d0222c924_z.jpeg
But, does anyone have any other suggestions?

(BTW don't suggest Sennheiser or Audio Technica, I find all of them really ugly lol8%5B1%5D.gif

If you like vintage aesthetics, and prefer a more acoustic sound profile then you should look into some Grados, I love em. Also check out head-fi.org they are incredibly knowledgeable.

SR325is
219 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
post #9535 of 16108

I'm looking for slim fitting trousers in navy/khaki for under 100$ a pair, suggestions?
 

post #9536 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by regnar View Post

I have a dress shirt fit question. I am 5'11" and around 160 lbs and usually have a hard time finding shirts that fit me well.

I have found that JCrew's slim fit dress shirts, ones with specific measurements (15/33 to be exact, not simply the small/medium/large sizes), fit me the best. I have tried Jos A Bank's tailored fit shirts and found them a little big.

My question is: does anyone know if I should go for slim fit or extra slim fit from Brooks Brothers? Or any other brands that are similar to JCrew's slim fit shirts?

Thanks!

Depends on what you mean by 'slim', really, and trying them on is really the only way you'll find out what works for you. BB is typically good about that provided you're actually planning on buying something once you figure out what fits you best and not just window shopping. I should say, I'm slightly biased though--BB non-iron slim fit are my go-to. I probably have half a dozen and haven't found another shirt that's both good quality and fits well without killing my wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindofyoung View Post

So, on the lookout for a new pair of headphones, preferably on-ear (not in-ear, and not over-ear) for listening to music, watching movies/tv-series, and playing games.

I'd like to get some seriously nice ones, so my budget is 200-300, and obviously, I want them to look amazing aswell.

The prime candidate right now is the TMA-1 by AiAiAi which gets amazing reviews and are also the best on-ears i've ever seen in this price-range.
350x234px-LL-47836911_5269926258_3d0222c924_z.jpeg
But, does anyone have any other suggestions?

(BTW don't suggest Sennheiser or Audio Technica, I find all of them really ugly lol8%5B1%5D.gif



You find these visually appealing...

326x262px-LL-0e2f159f_7277_1318592741.jpeg

350x231px-LL-7aa5a5eb_182560f2fbli.jpeg


but these don't do it for you?

Senn HD 555
263

Bonkers, man. My 555s have been worth every penny and I think they look slick as shit to boot.
post #9537 of 16108

Where can I find some nice scoop neck tees? I can't find any for the life of me. 

post #9538 of 16108
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

it sounds like you care more about how they look than anything else just get a pair of earbuds or something who wears giant headphones outside the house anyway

 

Not sure 'bout the english grammar in that sentence but think I got the intended message, and in response:
You're seriously blaming me for wanting something that both sounds good, and still looks nice? It's not like I'm going to change my opinion regarding what looks good and what doesn't just because I get several responses and others think that certain ones are cool looking eh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM View Post


If you like vintage aesthetics, and prefer a more acoustic sound profile then you should look into some Grados, I love em. Also check out head-fi.org they are incredibly knowledgeable.
SR325is
219 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263

 

Hey, those are quite cool nod[1].gif (thanks for the tip)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by superego View Post


You find these visually appealing...
326x262px-LL-0e2f159f_7277_1318592741.jpeg
350x231px-LL-7aa5a5eb_182560f2fbli.jpeg
but these don't do it for you?
Senn HD 555
263
Bonkers, man. My 555s have been worth every penny and I think they look slick as shit to boot.

 

The AKG ones still fell too far into "gaming-aesthetics" and not for everyday use, and yes, the Sennheiser ones are "slick" and I have no doubt they sound amazing, but there's just something about them, and about most headphones, that I just can't get past.



For everyone, I'm not saying that the ones you suggested look bad on you aswell, since you like them & you all care about looks, they probably look dope on you, I just can't see myself wearing most of them.
And as I said before, every response and suggestion was appreciated smile.gif
 


Edited by kindofyoung - 6/18/12 at 9:10am
post #9539 of 16108

Just found a great deal on a leather bomber jacket by Michael Kors on Bluefly: 

 

http://www.bluefly.com/Michael-Kors-black-leather-convertible-standing-collar-bomber-jacket/CART/313457201/detail.fly

 

With a Google Offers deal, I can snag it for $125.  

 

The problem is, I'm not sure whether to get a size small or medium.  My size is 15 (neck), 32/33 (sleeves), 38R (shoulders), and 30x30.  According to the BlueFly sizing chart, I should get a small.  According to other retailers' sizing charts (e.g. Nordstrom that is tailored to each specific item), I should get a medium.  

 

Can someone offer some insight about Michael Kors sizing? I'm leaving the country soon and can only order once.  I plan on wearing a thin hoodie underneath the jacket. 

 

Also, if there's something I don't know about the quality of Michael Kors stuff please let me know.  Is this as good of a deal as it seems? 

post #9540 of 16108

Harman-Kardon-BT.jpeg

Just seen harman/kardon's new headphones. These can be used wireless (w/ bluetooth) or with a wire attached and will probably cost around the 250 dollars mark. Exclusively available at the Apple store. 

 

Check out an article about the whole new headphones line by h/k over here

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here