Whoops! Sorry I didn't realize this was streetwear and denim...Please ignore!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- After Hours Look Last post on 10/16/12 at 7:16pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Fit Critique Last post on 4/7/13 at 6:37am in Classic Menswear
- Slim fit clothing for a really short guy (5'4") Last post on 12/12/12 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear
- College Wardrobe- What to wear? Last post on 4/22/13 at 2:24am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Edited on 5/31/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Edited on 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 629
Looking for a pair of swimming trunks. I need to get rid of my baggy shorts. It's hard for me to find fitting shorts because most retailers only go down to 28" waist(I tend to fit best in a boys 14 or 16). I look in the kids section, but I can't find anything mature for my age, since the section is plagued by huge boardshorts with wacky colors and prints. I really like the designs of Parke and Ronen, Orlebar Brown, Sundek, Birdwell, and Scotch and Soda. Here are my measurements(I'm 17 and have a few years of more growth).
Top of waistband on boxers is 2" below bottom of naval.
Inseam(2"from top of knee to crotch area)-9-10"
Outseam(top waistband to start of knee)-16"
Backrise(bottom ballsack to top waistband)-13-14"
Frontrise(top waistband to bottom of ballsack)-11-12"
I have a ~100$ price range(I can be lenient). Looking for a 4" or 6" inseam since I am 5'4". Any help or direction is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Holy shit you are tiny. I just picked up a pair off asos they have a decent selection, I chose the really cheap ones with the button front (because I'm cheap) but I don't know if you will be able to do that as they only go to 28'' (but they a little belt to make it tighter so maybe). That said I remember coming across a pair that had an xs version that would fit your waist can exactly remember which one. There are a lot of big diesel and hugo boss prints unsurprisingly but also some pretty understated ones as well. I literally just went through the same thing as you trying to find something that wasn't baggy board shorts with bikini chicks all over it. The other place I almost struck gold (and this surprised even myself) was in Old Navy. Good luck, you'll need it.
Thank you for your feedback. I have checked ASOS before. I only skimmed through it though. There were no Xs available in the U.S. but a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren one's in some of the other shipping locations. I like ASOS's navy one's with the snap front. I'll add it to my list, thanks. An Xs at ASOS would fit me perfectly though. Old Navy has surprised me before with some good basics. No swim trunks that really caught my eye.
I do have some options. Ideally, I would like to save and invest in OB Bulldogs. Then take them to a tailor. However, I'm 17 and I am unsure if I will still be growing. Dropping $200+ and only using them for one season isn't a good idea. Anyway I have spent days searching obscure labels for any hope. I really appreciate your take and feedback. Thank you.
I drop a lot of money on clothes but I can't get behind a big bathing suit purchase. At best they're 100% polyester and even that will disintegrate after 2 seasons top unless you either swim only in fresh spring water or don't swim at all. That said I live extremely close to the ocean so I may get a lot more wear out of it than average but even so. It's just not something you see a significant increase in quality as you climb the price ladder. Just get something that fits.
You can also try Paul Smith's kids line to see if you can strike gold. They sell them at Saks at least they do here.
Those gothninja brands won't really look great next to indigo, there's too much of a clash between the western workwear look of denim/chambray and the goth/industrial look. The same really goes for indigo jeans - if you want Guidi shoes or the like, you'll be better off with grey or black jeans.
5'11" is plenty tall, but long coats won't go very well with blue jeans or denim shirts either :)
Woops I meant to say denim and oxfords, not denim shirts. Would that make it work better? I have black/grey jeans too, but I just don't feel the rest of the gothninja aesthetic (draping and all that)
Black shoes don't really look good with blue jeans. I'd say get a pair of black suede/distressed boots in the $250 range to try the look out for a few months before dropping a grand on something that may be out-of-place in your wardrobe.
Just got a pair of Diesel Safados for $115 and I think their normal retail is $230. They don't have any stupid stuff going on with them and despite having to size up in the waist to fit my legs (I have large thighs..), they seem to fit really well. Anyways, decent buy or did I get shafted as an SF nub? I was looking for some APC New Standards, but there weren't any at the store I went to and I'm reluctant to buy anything "slim" without trying it on for fear of not fitting into them..
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- › Briefcase porn thread 14 minutes ago
- › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style 15 minutes ago
- › Subway and Public Transportation Etiquette - The People We Encounter 17 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 35 minutes ago
- › adventures in bespoke: Richard Anderson 42 minutes ago
- › National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread 44 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 56 minutes ago
- › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing 56 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 57 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw