Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 570post #8536 of 170302/24/12 at 4:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8537 of 170302/24/12 at 5:11ampost #8538 of 170302/24/12 at 6:09amQuote:Yea, they're pants run large in the leg. I requested measurements on both their navy and their valentines day red pants (same fit), the measurements varied 1.5" in the waist, a few inches in the leg, etc. Their sizing is not consistent, and i'm trying to avoid the headache.Quote:Originally Posted by derrida26
Are you aware of IOUProject? European, hand made, slim fit (almost too slim--you may want to consider sizing up one), and come in a variety of colors, 90 per. If that's too much I'd just go with something like gap slim fit chinos. I would also check out Unis (on huge sale right now). If you can find anything that's in your size, that will probably be your best option.
EDIT: Forgot about your color selections. But really, finding something decent for 75$ is hard enough--you can't be too picky about BOTH fit and color at that level. If all else fails, just take your bonobos to the tailor.
Thanks for your suggestions. You're absolutely right about the picky-ness.. I think i may break down and buy a pair of Patrik Ervell's chinos. =/post #8539 of 170302/24/12 at 9:20ampost #8540 of 170302/24/12 at 9:23ampost #8541 of 170302/24/12 at 9:26ampost #8542 of 170302/24/12 at 9:29ampost #8543 of 170302/24/12 at 10:03ampost #8544 of 170302/24/12 at 10:04ampost #8545 of 170302/24/12 at 2:20pm
Guys who wear watches,
When you wear them with a dress shirt or a sweater, is the watch below the cuff (in plain view) or hidden under the cuff? It's kind of pointless to have a nice watch and have it hidden under your sleeve, but for me it seems that it makes my whole sleeve seem to long if I rest it so that it's held up by the watch (if that makes sense lol)post #8546 of 170302/24/12 at 4:57pmpost #8547 of 170302/24/12 at 6:40pmpost #8548 of 170302/24/12 at 10:30pmpost #8549 of 170302/24/12 at 10:32pmpost #8550 of 170302/24/12 at 11:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tekniqe
I'm sure there about a hundred of these a week, but here goes:
I'm a college student, starting to dress better. I've since thrown out all graphic tee's, and sticking with plain shirts (I'm partial to v-necks myself). However, I have started to feel more at home and more comfortable in slacks and button-ups. I now wear those more often than my jeans and t-shirts. As I only work part time, clearly not much of what I buy is going to be very expensive, but I make sure I buy what fits me (I find that Bar III shirts fit me well OTR) and tailor what doesn't. My question relates to how I dress when on campus, it's usually slacks and a button-up, with a tie occasionally (I try to wear slim ties more often, having been told they are seem more informal, but I have a few regular width ties that I can't help but to wear). Is this too dressed up? I'm currently in the business program of my school, and while I'm not in the accompanying fraternity, a few of my friends are. I believe they have a dress code, as they too wear slacks and button-ups, but often sticking to vary basic colors (black/navy/white) and hardly ever wear ties. When I go out with my friends, I like to dress nicely, but except for a couple of them most tend to wear snap-backs to just about any occasio. I feel like I look a little out of place, is this something I should worry about, or just take the role of the person who dresses nicely?
A second question regards shoes when I do wear jeans/v-neck. I've become quite attached to my dress shoes (I prefer brown, for whatever reason), but they don't look quite right when I wear jeans. I would assume it's partly because of the finish (not super polished, but they are shined). I was looking for a shoe that would lend itself to the occasions where I wear jeans (and if possible with slacks as well, but that is not a big deal). I saved this picture at some point (included below) where I was browsing different forums, and felt that it was a style that I would like to go with. Any information you can provide me with regarding this shoe (either the particular shoe it is, or style as whole) would help immensely.
Having not turned out to be a "quick question", I deeply appreciate the time that you took to read any/all parts of my post, and thank you for the help you've already given me as a forum on the whole.
Ties without jackets dont' look good. It makes you look like you decided at the last minute to "dress up," and threw on a tie because ties are "fancy." Better to go with a blazer or and no tie.
The shoe you posted is a derby, because of the lacing style (do a google search). Derbies are more casual than oxfords. It looks like a goodyear welted shoe to me (again, do a google search if this is French to you). http://www.toboot.com/shoes/Winston/TanQuote:Originally Posted by torontobluered
Guys who wear watches,
When you wear them with a dress shirt or a sweater, is the watch below the cuff (in plain view) or hidden under the cuff? It's kind of pointless to have a nice watch and have it hidden under your sleeve, but for me it seems that it makes my whole sleeve seem to long if I rest it so that it's held up by the watch (if that makes sense lol)
I let the cuff come over the watch, because that is natural and not contrived. Some of my shirts have very small cuffs, in which case the cuff cannot come over the watch, but that is not the same as constantly having to make sure that your watch is visible by hooking the cuff under the watch.
People will catch sight of your watch every now and then. Just make a point of checking the time often.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › BUY HIGH QUALITY PASSPORTS,IDS,DRIVERS LICENSE,VISAS,COUNTERFITS... 44 seconds ago
- › BUY HIGH QUALITY PASSPORTS,IDS,DRIVERS LICENSE,VISAS,COUNTERFITS... 1 minute ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in uk 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in dubai 10 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 10 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in usa 12 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 13 minutes ago
- › NWT 2 x 40L/40R Loro Piana navy suits (Made by St. Andrews) 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...