Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:43 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 570post #8536 of 171452/24/12 at 4:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8537 of 171452/24/12 at 5:11ampost #8538 of 171452/24/12 at 6:09amQuote:Yea, they're pants run large in the leg. I requested measurements on both their navy and their valentines day red pants (same fit), the measurements varied 1.5" in the waist, a few inches in the leg, etc. Their sizing is not consistent, and i'm trying to avoid the headache.Quote:Originally Posted by derrida26
Are you aware of IOUProject? European, hand made, slim fit (almost too slim--you may want to consider sizing up one), and come in a variety of colors, 90 per. If that's too much I'd just go with something like gap slim fit chinos. I would also check out Unis (on huge sale right now). If you can find anything that's in your size, that will probably be your best option.
EDIT: Forgot about your color selections. But really, finding something decent for 75$ is hard enough--you can't be too picky about BOTH fit and color at that level. If all else fails, just take your bonobos to the tailor.
Thanks for your suggestions. You're absolutely right about the picky-ness.. I think i may break down and buy a pair of Patrik Ervell's chinos. =/post #8539 of 171452/24/12 at 9:20ampost #8540 of 171452/24/12 at 9:23ampost #8541 of 171452/24/12 at 9:26ampost #8542 of 171452/24/12 at 9:29ampost #8543 of 171452/24/12 at 10:03ampost #8544 of 171452/24/12 at 10:04ampost #8545 of 171452/24/12 at 2:20pm
Guys who wear watches,
When you wear them with a dress shirt or a sweater, is the watch below the cuff (in plain view) or hidden under the cuff? It's kind of pointless to have a nice watch and have it hidden under your sleeve, but for me it seems that it makes my whole sleeve seem to long if I rest it so that it's held up by the watch (if that makes sense lol)post #8546 of 171452/24/12 at 4:57pmpost #8547 of 171452/24/12 at 6:40pmpost #8548 of 171452/24/12 at 10:30pmpost #8549 of 171452/24/12 at 10:32pmpost #8550 of 171452/24/12 at 11:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tekniqe
I'm sure there about a hundred of these a week, but here goes:
I'm a college student, starting to dress better. I've since thrown out all graphic tee's, and sticking with plain shirts (I'm partial to v-necks myself). However, I have started to feel more at home and more comfortable in slacks and button-ups. I now wear those more often than my jeans and t-shirts. As I only work part time, clearly not much of what I buy is going to be very expensive, but I make sure I buy what fits me (I find that Bar III shirts fit me well OTR) and tailor what doesn't. My question relates to how I dress when on campus, it's usually slacks and a button-up, with a tie occasionally (I try to wear slim ties more often, having been told they are seem more informal, but I have a few regular width ties that I can't help but to wear). Is this too dressed up? I'm currently in the business program of my school, and while I'm not in the accompanying fraternity, a few of my friends are. I believe they have a dress code, as they too wear slacks and button-ups, but often sticking to vary basic colors (black/navy/white) and hardly ever wear ties. When I go out with my friends, I like to dress nicely, but except for a couple of them most tend to wear snap-backs to just about any occasio. I feel like I look a little out of place, is this something I should worry about, or just take the role of the person who dresses nicely?
A second question regards shoes when I do wear jeans/v-neck. I've become quite attached to my dress shoes (I prefer brown, for whatever reason), but they don't look quite right when I wear jeans. I would assume it's partly because of the finish (not super polished, but they are shined). I was looking for a shoe that would lend itself to the occasions where I wear jeans (and if possible with slacks as well, but that is not a big deal). I saved this picture at some point (included below) where I was browsing different forums, and felt that it was a style that I would like to go with. Any information you can provide me with regarding this shoe (either the particular shoe it is, or style as whole) would help immensely.
Having not turned out to be a "quick question", I deeply appreciate the time that you took to read any/all parts of my post, and thank you for the help you've already given me as a forum on the whole.
Ties without jackets dont' look good. It makes you look like you decided at the last minute to "dress up," and threw on a tie because ties are "fancy." Better to go with a blazer or and no tie.
The shoe you posted is a derby, because of the lacing style (do a google search). Derbies are more casual than oxfords. It looks like a goodyear welted shoe to me (again, do a google search if this is French to you). http://www.toboot.com/shoes/Winston/TanQuote:Originally Posted by torontobluered
Guys who wear watches,
When you wear them with a dress shirt or a sweater, is the watch below the cuff (in plain view) or hidden under the cuff? It's kind of pointless to have a nice watch and have it hidden under your sleeve, but for me it seems that it makes my whole sleeve seem to long if I rest it so that it's held up by the watch (if that makes sense lol)
I let the cuff come over the watch, because that is natural and not contrived. Some of my shirts have very small cuffs, in which case the cuff cannot come over the watch, but that is not the same as constantly having to make sure that your watch is visible by hooking the cuff under the watch.
People will catch sight of your watch every now and then. Just make a point of checking the time often.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › free tantrik in Lachhmangarh Rajasthan +91-8239910405 59 seconds ago
- › 〖(ॐ )〗 91+9772572547 Vashikaran specialist baba ji 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Brazil 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Uk 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Canada 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Kochi 1 minute ago
- › +91-8239910405 love guru In Chennai* Tamil Nadu 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Ahmedabad 1 minute ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Bandra 2 minutes ago
- › +91-9680462195 (Love Breakup) Love Problem- Solution In Andheri 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan