or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 548

post #8206 of 16090
Is there any way to restore linen pants to their former texture?

They were ironed at the cleaner and now they're really stiff and drape poorly, like the weave is tighter.
post #8207 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrunchx View Post

bmp

I've purchased from them before, and I don't think there are really any secrets. Just make sure you are very certain in the measurements that you submit, and submit as many measurements as you can (i.e. don't skip any of the optional measurements).

Are you purchasing the $20 test shirt? The fabric on that is pretty bad, but what can you expect for a test shirt.
post #8208 of 16090
Finally getting around to investing in one of these denim shirts. Which is more versatile, light or dark?

us5po.jpg
post #8209 of 16090
Hey guys, what do you think my options are for this stitch? It's a pair of APC NS that I've owned for about 6 months now. About a month ago the left pocket stitching started coming undone. Is this easily fixed? Can any tailor take care of this? Thanks!

photo.JPG
post #8210 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxbxw View Post

Finally getting around to investing in one of these denim shirts. Which is more versatile, light or dark?
us5po.jpg

The dark one will become light eventually
post #8211 of 16090

Just brought these - http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Twill-Slim-Fit-Chino/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1890538&cid=4910&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Petrol

 

What shoes can I get which will "work" with the outfit? At the moment I only have Box Fresh (skate style shoes) and smart black italian shoes.

 

The ones in the picture look a little clumpy.

 

Sam

post #8212 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

The dark one will become light eventually

I suppose so. It's a pity nobody sells slim fitting RAW denim shirts.
post #8213 of 16090
So I managed to find a Nigel Cabourn Navy Mallory jacket in my size after so long, here's to hoping it fits! can anyone recommend some good warm, possibly wool pants I can pair with it that are more on the casual side and won't break the bank? With how cold it's starting to get now, I want to wear something other than denim for a change
post #8214 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxbxw View Post

I suppose so. It's a pity nobody sells slim fitting RAW denim shirts.

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7998801

There are plenty raw slim fitting denim shirts out there

If link doesn't load go to blueowl and look at their shirts
post #8215 of 16090

What tie fabric would go well for business casual? I have a class presentation and want to dress just a notch better than the average guy. Is silk inappropriate for business casual? Perhaps I should do wool? Wool seems more appropriate for winter to me

 

I'll pair it with chinos and an oxford shirt

post #8216 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by halberdklown View Post

So I managed to find a Nigel Cabourn Navy Mallory jacket in my size after so long, here's to hoping it fits! can anyone recommend some good warm, possibly wool pants I can pair with it that are more on the casual side and won't break the bank? With how cold it's starting to get now, I want to wear something other than denim for a change

What fit are you looking for? Epaulet makes a number of wool pants in slim/straight cuts, good quality for the price
post #8217 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushburner View Post

What tie fabric would go well for business casual? I have a class presentation and want to dress just a notch better than the average guy. Is silk inappropriate for business casual? Perhaps I should do wool? Wool seems more appropriate for winter to me

I'll pair it with chinos and an oxford shirt

Tie fabric doesn't matter. If, however, you want to wear a tie, wear a jacket.
post #8218 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

Tie fabric doesn't matter. If, however, you want to wear a tie, wear a jacket.

Yes it does. Most silk ties will look a tad off with business casual. And in fact, it will stop being business casual. If you are doing a jeans and jacket thing, stick with a a noticeable weave or knit tie. Wool would work though. It will look a little less formal.

What he said about the jacket is dead on though.
post #8219 of 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

What fit are you looking for? Epaulet makes a number of wool pants in slim/straight cuts, good quality for the price

I was looking for something slim straight, and was actually considering Epaulet, but my proportions lead me more towards their rudy fit, which unfortunately they don't seem to have many of.
post #8220 of 16090
anyone in finland on here available to do a proxy to the USA? pm me plz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here