It's a designer brand, why is that price surprising?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:50 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 479
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7172 of 173059/10/11 at 1:14pmpost #7173 of 173059/10/11 at 2:31pm
Dunno. I thought I was pretty desensitized to prices that most people would consider "surprising" but it still shocked me a bit when I did the conversion.Quote:Originally Posted by BB1
While I have no experience with this particular brand, $1000 USD for a non-leather jacket from a designer Japanese label is commonplace. I paid around $1000 for my wjk M65 jacket and $1200 for my DBSS down jacket.
I'd say there are 3 reasons for the high price....
1. The quality is often noticeably better than domestic designer brands. Higher end fabrics and hardware are commonly used. And the clothing is frequently made in Japan, not overseas.
2. The USD is really weak relative to the yen right now. Thus this jacket appears more affordable to the Japanese customer than it does you or I.
3. I have heard it is common for Japanese stores to desire that many new labels have higher prices, causing the customer to associate the label with other higher end brands. It would appear that Japanese consumers are even more likely than us to equate high prices with higher quality.
Makes sense. Thanks. No returns or exchanges makes sizing/ buying on the internet a pretty tough roll for this one.post #7174 of 173059/10/11 at 3:14pmpost #7175 of 173059/10/11 at 5:33pmpost #7176 of 173059/10/11 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hollywars
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Would these from the Garbstore sale on http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/garbstore-850/product/59120726
be good boots for winter? Would the grey get too dirty? Is it too much of a hassle to waterproof them?
Can't quite tell from the pic, but those look like suede. Suede and winter don't mix. I'm in the same boat (looking for winter boots) and it seems like half the boots I like that I see on the internet are made of suede.post #7177 of 173059/10/11 at 8:53pmpost #7178 of 173059/11/11 at 2:00amQuote:
32-34. If you like the look, you could always buy long, then hem as desired.
Edited by JosiahS - 9/11/11 at 5:28pmpost #7179 of 173059/11/11 at 2:31pmpost #7180 of 173059/11/11 at 5:12pmGuys, I'm looking for basic pocket T shirts that aren't too expensive. Hanes bothers me because you can tell from the back they are Hanes. What I would prefer are "slouchy" ones. I saw some Phillip Lim ones on sale on these forums but I'm not ready to spend $100 on a plain pocket T - yet. Anyone have experience with Alternative Apparel tees? The ones I've ever purchased there were almost see-through.post #7181 of 173059/11/11 at 5:49pmAnyone here familiar with ASOS t-shirts? I was looking to pick up some scoop necks ala http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Scoop-Neck-T-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1655470&cid=9171&Rf-800=-1,20&Rf-200=4,5,13,20,16,25&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=3&clr=Pewtergrey , was curious about the overall quality and sizing.post #7182 of 173059/11/11 at 6:03pmI'm looking to try out some Levis 501 shrink to fit jeans, but I'm a bit thrown off by the pricing. The "Indigo color" jeans cost about $40, while the "Rigid Selvedge color" (also weird, as 'rigid' and 'selvedge' aren't colors) cost about $100.
If I buy the 'indigo' jeans, which is all they seem to offer at the mall, will I be getting the full raw denim experience? Or is the $100 'Rigid Selvedge' affair somehow more exemplary?
(I've got some APCs and Unbranded jeans on the way, too, so please, no angry stares).
Thanks.post #7183 of 173059/11/11 at 7:35pm
Hey does anyone know if these CP shoes went on sale last time?
And if they did, would you happen to know what sizes made it to the sale?post #7184 of 173059/11/11 at 7:50pmQuote:
I'm a M in Gitman Vintage, a small (which is usually baggy) in J Crew, and a small in most designers that aren't TTS. For BoO, a 2 fits me well, if it's going to be worn untucked; sleeve length is a little short, though, but I can still button the cuffs, I can still tuck the shirt in, but there's not much fabric to play with, so low rise jeans can be tricky. I haven't tried a 3 yet.
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 921 Active Users (140 Members and 781 Guests)
- › NWT $495 RLPL "Keaton" Tailored Fit Shirts (14.5"/15"/16"),... 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 12 minutes ago
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 29 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 30 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...