It's a designer brand, why is that price surprising?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:27 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 479post #7172 of 177749/10/11 at 1:14pmpost #7173 of 177749/10/11 at 2:31pm
Dunno. I thought I was pretty desensitized to prices that most people would consider "surprising" but it still shocked me a bit when I did the conversion.Quote:Originally Posted by BB1
While I have no experience with this particular brand, $1000 USD for a non-leather jacket from a designer Japanese label is commonplace. I paid around $1000 for my wjk M65 jacket and $1200 for my DBSS down jacket.
I'd say there are 3 reasons for the high price....
1. The quality is often noticeably better than domestic designer brands. Higher end fabrics and hardware are commonly used. And the clothing is frequently made in Japan, not overseas.
2. The USD is really weak relative to the yen right now. Thus this jacket appears more affordable to the Japanese customer than it does you or I.
3. I have heard it is common for Japanese stores to desire that many new labels have higher prices, causing the customer to associate the label with other higher end brands. It would appear that Japanese consumers are even more likely than us to equate high prices with higher quality.
Makes sense. Thanks. No returns or exchanges makes sizing/ buying on the internet a pretty tough roll for this one.post #7174 of 177749/10/11 at 3:14pmpost #7175 of 177749/10/11 at 5:33pmpost #7176 of 177749/10/11 at 8:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hollywars
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Would these from the Garbstore sale on http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/garbstore-850/product/59120726
be good boots for winter? Would the grey get too dirty? Is it too much of a hassle to waterproof them?
Can't quite tell from the pic, but those look like suede. Suede and winter don't mix. I'm in the same boat (looking for winter boots) and it seems like half the boots I like that I see on the internet are made of suede.post #7177 of 177749/10/11 at 8:53pmpost #7178 of 177749/11/11 at 2:00amQuote:
32-34. If you like the look, you could always buy long, then hem as desired.
Edited by JosiahS - 9/11/11 at 5:28pmpost #7179 of 177749/11/11 at 2:31pmpost #7180 of 177749/11/11 at 5:12pmGuys, I'm looking for basic pocket T shirts that aren't too expensive. Hanes bothers me because you can tell from the back they are Hanes. What I would prefer are "slouchy" ones. I saw some Phillip Lim ones on sale on these forums but I'm not ready to spend $100 on a plain pocket T - yet. Anyone have experience with Alternative Apparel tees? The ones I've ever purchased there were almost see-through.post #7181 of 177749/11/11 at 5:49pmAnyone here familiar with ASOS t-shirts? I was looking to pick up some scoop necks ala http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Scoop-Neck-T-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1655470&cid=9171&Rf-800=-1,20&Rf-200=4,5,13,20,16,25&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=3&clr=Pewtergrey , was curious about the overall quality and sizing.post #7182 of 177749/11/11 at 6:03pmI'm looking to try out some Levis 501 shrink to fit jeans, but I'm a bit thrown off by the pricing. The "Indigo color" jeans cost about $40, while the "Rigid Selvedge color" (also weird, as 'rigid' and 'selvedge' aren't colors) cost about $100.
If I buy the 'indigo' jeans, which is all they seem to offer at the mall, will I be getting the full raw denim experience? Or is the $100 'Rigid Selvedge' affair somehow more exemplary?
(I've got some APCs and Unbranded jeans on the way, too, so please, no angry stares).
Thanks.post #7183 of 177749/11/11 at 7:35pm
Hey does anyone know if these CP shoes went on sale last time?
And if they did, would you happen to know what sizes made it to the sale?post #7184 of 177749/11/11 at 7:50pmQuote:
I'm a M in Gitman Vintage, a small (which is usually baggy) in J Crew, and a small in most designers that aren't TTS. For BoO, a 2 fits me well, if it's going to be worn untucked; sleeve length is a little short, though, but I can still button the cuffs, I can still tuck the shirt in, but there's not much fabric to play with, so low rise jeans can be tricky. I haven't tried a 3 yet.post #7185 of 177749/11/11 at 9:51pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
Currently, there are 943 Active Users (117 Members and 826 Guests)
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 9 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › Cleverley appreciation thread 22 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 25 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 26 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 27 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 30 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding