Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:05 pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 465
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6962 of 172958/16/11 at 10:07ampost #6963 of 172958/16/11 at 10:16pmpost #6964 of 172958/17/11 at 9:51ampost #6965 of 172958/17/11 at 10:11ampost #6966 of 172958/17/11 at 10:12am
These may be a bit much for the quick questions thread, but I was trying to avoid starting a new thread.
1: I have 3 patterned shirts that are blousy in the waist and need fairly significant tapering (maybe 4-6 inches). Two are bold patterned casual plaid shirts. The other shirt is a casual linen shirt with thin, vertical stripes. Right now, the patterns are close to continuous from one side of the seam to the other, but if I taper it, it will be at a slight angle. Will tapering make my shirts look weird?
2: I have sport coats that need altering, but alterations people never seem to believe me when I say I want them very fitted. What is the styleforum approved amount of room in a sport coat waist?post #6967 of 172958/17/11 at 5:25pmpost #6968 of 172958/18/11 at 2:34pmpost #6969 of 172958/18/11 at 3:04pmpost #6970 of 172958/19/11 at 7:46amQuote:
Kohzo has some great jeans.post #6971 of 172958/19/11 at 7:49amasked this in the AE appreciation thread too;
AE advice needed please...
just got back my AE Black Seneca's from recrafting. Man these look good. As i was showing someone here at work the "new shoe", I noticed that there was a gap between the heel and the sole.
Is this an easy fix? glue possibly? or is something serious enough that i should contact AE and possibly send back because it'll be a bigger issue down the road?post #6972 of 172958/19/11 at 8:09pmpost #6973 of 172958/19/11 at 8:28pmpost #6974 of 172958/19/11 at 9:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by noobizor
Is it right to assume that buying longer slim-fit jeans will result in glorious stacking? Or is this not the case. (I've also got some jeans that need to be hemmed; was thinking about simply reducing the leg opening instead. Would this also bring me leg-pancakes?) (0)
Depends on the width of the hem and how slim they are below the knee.post #6975 of 172958/19/11 at 9:42pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 34 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 47 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Which brand are your favourite jeans? 1 minute ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...