or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 401

post #6001 of 15186
Great places I don't know about to shop in NYC? I'm making a day trip there this week to visit a friend and am bored of scoping out every floor of barneys. Preferably in manhattan, but if you give me a real good reason to venture out i will
post #6002 of 15186
I really want the Common Projects black Officers Boots. I don't, however, have 500-700 bucks to through at a pair, so my question is:

Is there a cheap alternative to the CP Officer boots out there?

Thanks!
post #6003 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
jeans and white tee

Tried this but ultimately I felt the fact they're brogued was quite incongruent with the rest of the outfit seeing as it's really boring, also the fact they're black makes it look kind of weird. Unless I got trolled then I feel silly.

I either need tips on what to wear them with or preferably fit pics of people wearing black Stows or in fact any black brogues with a more SW&D outfit.
post #6004 of 15186
Does anyone know where I can buy common projects arctic boots? I can't seem to find anywhere that isn't sold out...
post #6005 of 15186
What is the quality of APC suits?
post #6006 of 15186
Hello everybody,

what cuts are these men's pants?




http://www.gangstersaysrelax.com/sto...=1294611894268



I mean the lower leg. Is that slim fit? I like it very much.
post #6007 of 15186
Hello !

I would like to wear a very light (almost white) linen sportjacket. What trousers should I choose (maybe dark jeans or dark navy blue trousers) ? I would choose a beige+white belt and the same whiteish/beige casual shoes.

Thanks
post #6008 of 15186
Anyone ever dealt with really tight velvet pants? Is velvet generally stretchable?
post #6009 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco2010 View Post
Anyone ever dealt with really tight velvet pants? Is velvet generally stretchable?

Velvet is not generally stretchable, but there is such a thing as stretch velvet, which adds something like spandex to the fabric blend. Velvets made from synthetics may or may not have enough stretch to wear snugly. Pure cotton or silk velvet should not be worn skin-tight.
post #6010 of 15186
^^ thanx I really like the pants, tho. fuuu
post #6011 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilo View Post
I really want the Common Projects black Officers Boots. I don't, however, have 500-700 bucks to through at a pair, so my question is:

Is there a cheap alternative to the CP Officer boots out there?

Thanks!

I've learned settling for "cheaper alternatives" always backfires in the end. Not to say you have to go broke, but have to expect that if you want a boot/shoe/footwear to be and look great generally, you're going to have to pay the premium. Look at Grenson, Paul Smith, Buttero, NDC for some alternatives to that look. You'll have to find them all on sale though if you want to save coin and drop as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainger View Post
Hello everybody,

what cuts are these men's pants?
http://www.contactmusic.com/pics/lc/...nd_5310848.jpg


http://www.gangstersaysrelax.com/sto...=1294611894268

http://img.ihned.cz/attachment.php/2...r_Gessle_2.jpg

I mean the lower leg. Is that slim fit? I like it very much.

Jesus, huge pics. Slim tapered fit. Hem openings would likely be between 7"-7.25" (7.5" max).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popol Vuh View Post
http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l620/Popol_Vuh/Stows.jpg

Just got given a pair of these by my old man (He finds them too tight but they're fine on me), but have absolutely no idea what to wear them with. I'm not expecting them to be the most versatile shoes in the world as far as SW&D is concerned but I'd like to get some wear out of them.

I hate black shoes, but shades of grey chinos, trousers, and even slim jeans (navy or grey family) would work with those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCrunchx View Post
why are nb's so cool?

Who said they're so cool? Have you read through the threads on SW&D? They get much dislike on these forums. They are okay, but I wouldn't say they're "so cool". Do you think they're so cool?
post #6012 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popol Vuh View Post
Tried this but ultimately I felt the fact they're brogued was quite incongruent with the rest of the outfit seeing as it's really boring, also the fact they're black makes it look kind of weird. Unless I got trolled then I feel silly.

I either need tips on what to wear them with or preferably fit pics of people wearing black Stows or in fact any black brogues with a more SW&D outfit.
I could be completely wrong and an idiot but...I could see these going with some of those very slim fitting cargo pants in fatigue green and some sort of crew-neck (grey maybe) or a white button up and a black silk knit tie Might be too military for you though.....
post #6013 of 15186
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRUSteez View Post
I could be completely wrong and an idiot
but...I could see these going with some of those very slim fitting cargo pants in fatigue green and some sort of crew-neck (grey maybe) or a white button up and a black silk knit tie
Might be too military for you though.....

Black brogue boots and fatigue green cargo pants do not mix. Ever.
post #6014 of 15186
Like I said, I could be completely and totally wrong I understand the total dislike for cargo, but I liked the slim fit ones. Something like this apparently I was mistaken Please disregard my previous post
post #6015 of 15186
Is there a forum, or some blogs or maybe even some particular shops someone could point me to for women's clothing in the vein of the SW&D sub-forum: simply, untrendy heirloom quality shit? I'm absolutely clueless...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here