thanks i was hoping for some specific recommendations, thinking some converse/CP/lanvin sneakers will do the trick for both club and breeze.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:07 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1178post #17656 of 179754/29/16 at 7:28ampost #17657 of 179754/29/16 at 4:03pmpost #17658 of 179754/30/16 at 7:43ampost #17659 of 179754/30/16 at 4:30pmpost #17660 of 179755/1/16 at 2:52pmpost #17661 of 179755/1/16 at 8:08pm
What's the go to now for decent, cheap oxfords now that Uniqlo sucks? I remember hearing that the BB extra slim fit was decent.
Linen, seersucker, these, airism briefs to avoid swamp asspost #17662 of 179755/1/16 at 8:28pmpost #17663 of 179755/3/16 at 12:06ampost #17664 of 179755/4/16 at 5:01pmpost #17665 of 179755/6/16 at 7:20am
I have a question about reproofing water-repellent outerwear. I own a Norse Projects Nunk and a Fjallraven Greenland. I'm familiar with the reproofing process for the latter (mainly because of the giant step by step care instructions plastered on the interior of the jacket).
With the nunk however, I'm a little bit unsure about the process. I've read that you should wash waterproof jackets before reproofing so as to remove any oil or dirt stuck in the membranes(?) or something along those lines. The care instructions for the nunk however, appear to advise against machine wash. My questions are:
1. Is there any kind of Nik-Wax wash and proof like soap that I can use for a handwash of the jacket?
2. Whether anyone has machine washed (on low spin) the jacket before anyway?
Many thanks in advance!post #17666 of 179755/7/16 at 1:17pm
Hey guys, Id like to know if does exist a place that receives packages etc, and functions as a proxy/hub for my shippings? More specifically in London. My sister used to get it all for me (im abroad) but shes marrying and she always has to pick up at the post offfice anyway; this way she could go just once. Hope you can understand what Im looking for. Thanks a lotpost #17667 of 179755/8/16 at 10:23am
Probably a dumb question, but does anyone have advice on how to get a sweater and t-shirt to sit cleanly like this? I feel like it should be simple but I can't get it right
Also, I'm hoping someone a bit more knowledgeable than myself could explain something to me. I bought a tee that is just too long. When I wear it with my apc's it passes the rise and obviously does not look good- it's clear to me that I need a smaller size. However, when I wear it with shorts, it looks fine, if not great, almost as if my proportions have changed. Why does this happen? I know this is partly because the shorts aren't as slim/fitted and sit lower so the tee does not extend past the rise. At the same time I know that even if I was wearing trousers that were like this it would just end up looking disproportionate, so there must be something else. Is it because the t shirt is extending my torso but at the same time because I'm wearing shorts as opposed to trousers my legs are being made to look longer which balances it out? Reason I'm asking this is that it seems there is some basic concept I don't understand working here that would be beneficial for me to know and apply to something a little less basic than a t-shirt and shorts.
Edited by zwyf - 5/8/16 at 5:11pmpost #17668 of 179755/8/16 at 5:54pmWhat's the cheapest way to ship clothing/shoes in the U.S. as an ordinary and occasional seller (as in somebody who doesn't do this often and doesn't have the connections for $12 two-day shipping that a lot of eBay sellers seem to have)?
I've been using USPS and I've taken some hits shipping since I usually just charge a flat $20 for shipping, but the items usually cost more than that to ship even via the cheapest option (or at least, the cheapest option that I'm aware of).post #17669 of 179755/8/16 at 6:08pmshoes can be expensive because of the box / weight. priority can be costly for that, and any slower speed by USPS sucks (can't do first class because of weight). i'd say fedex or UPS ground would be cheapest there. if the clothes can fit in to a USPS flat rate box that's normally what i'd do. for t shirts i stuff them in the USPS priority envelop which is like $6...but whatever, it's cheap enough, gets there fast, has tracking and is more convenient for me.post #17670 of 179755/11/16 at 8:25amHow effective would a down jacket with a waxed cotton outer shell be against snow and the elements? I'm interested in a down winter jacket that has oilcloth fabric like a barbour jacket but I'm a little skeptical it will hold up against blizzard/snow/rain in NYC. Are modern synthetic fibers the best way to go despite my love for old fashioned details?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › East Sicily Tailors 15 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Kudu Thorpe 2 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...