Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1165post #17461 of 1787312/1/15 at 6:26pmpost #17462 of 1787312/1/15 at 8:41pm
I'm about to buy a Parka and a second pair of boots for the winter, and was wondering on what I should do. I currently wear a pair of Oak Street Bootmaker's Trench Boots w/ Dainite sole almost everyday, and would like a second pair of boots. Most of my closet is RRL and EG. So, for Parka's, I'm looking at: EG Highland Parka and Universal Works Monty parka. Any others I should take a look at? I'm willing to spend around $400-750.00. The reason why I'm not 100% buying the EG one, is because I don't know if that will go with everything?
Now, for boots, I'm looking at Viberg's. I'm also intersted in Yuketen, Paraboot, and Visvim. My price range is around $600-800.00.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thankspost #17463 of 1787312/5/15 at 8:16pmpost #17464 of 1787312/6/15 at 1:44ampost #17465 of 1787312/6/15 at 7:29ampost #17466 of 1787312/6/15 at 9:21ampost #17467 of 1787312/6/15 at 9:13pmpost #17468 of 1787312/6/15 at 11:53pmLooking to buy a pair of black skinny stretch jeans, only problem is my damn thunder thighs. I have a pair of stretchy Cheap Mondays that aren't half bad. Was looking at Robert Geller Type 1 vs. Zanerobe Low Blows (cheaper). To me, they look like a similar cut online. Any thoughts on which way to go, happy to hear other suggestions as well. Thanks!!!post #17469 of 1787312/6/15 at 11:57pmpost #17470 of 1787312/7/15 at 12:13amtruth, maybe thunder is a little extreme, let's call it moderate rains thighs. The cheap Mondays look pretty decent though so I figure with the right cut it can work out. Was just generally wondering if people have exp with zanerobe in particular as people seem to generally like their RGs seems like..post #17471 of 1787312/7/15 at 2:48pmThe Geller jeans are pretty nice. They are really comfortable with the 2% spandex. I have them in the type 3 but the material is the same.
I don't know anything about Zanerobe. Another alternative is Uniqlo skinny fits. Make sure you get the pair that is 98% cotton and 2% spandex though. I think they changed up the materials before.post #17472 of 1787312/7/15 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Timbaland
The Geller jeans are pretty nice. They are really comfortable with the 2% spandex. I have them in the type 3 but the material is the same.
I don't know anything about Zanerobe. Another alternative is Uniqlo skinny fits. Make sure you get the pair that is 98% cotton and 2% spandex though. I think they changed up the materials before.
What is type 3 style?
My understanding is that
type 1 = slim
type 2 = skinny
type 3 = loose but tapered?post #17473 of 1787312/7/15 at 4:39pm
Do converse all-star shoes cause flat feet? I have been wearing mine for over a year and I love the look of the shoes but now i read that they might flatten your feet, which leads to problems later on life... which I don't want.
Now I don't think my feet have changed for all the time I have worn them but I stopped wearing them now due to caution.
I want to know from personal experience, converse shoes good or bad for your feet?
Another question, Common Projects Achilles low don't cause flat feet right? I feel silly for asking but I do it out of an abundance of caution. Before this I always wore Nike and Adidas and those are athletics shoes and I know they don't cause flat feet and I always took that for granted.post #17474 of 1787312/7/15 at 6:17pmQuote:
Nah I believe it is
type 1 = skinny
type 2 = slim
type 3 = straight
The type 3s say straight but they are pretty tapered. I have it in size 32 and the waist was around 33" or maybe 33.5" when I got it. The leg opening is about 7" but there is room in the thigh, probably around 11.50" to 11.75". I'm trying out the type 2 in 34 to see how it fits. Will let you know if you're interested. Fwrd has measurementspost #17475 of 1787312/8/15 at 10:15am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 32 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Navy Ragosta Field Jacket Size 50 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway