or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1063

post #15931 of 16301
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
 

 

Thoughts on what brand the blue chukkas in the back could be? Seen in an Ikea ad, so no information that could help. Or brands with a similar style chukka? Thanks.


probably Keds

post #15932 of 16301

Looking for some plain tee shirts. No pockets. White, black, red, etc. Slim/athletic cut. Preferably made in America.

 

Thanks guys

post #15933 of 16301
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

For a professional headshot? Probably so.
Agreed.
post #15934 of 16301
Quote:
Originally Posted by volchok View Post




Sunglasses brand ?

Any ideas ?
post #15935 of 16301
Just got an APC jacket in the mail and it fits me perfectly except in the arms which are a tad too long and also too wide. How risky is it to get them shortened and taken in by a local tailor?

And I guess whilst I'm here, how does a tailor usually go about shortening the arms on a jacket? Do they just shorten it from the end where the hand goes or do they detach the whole arm section and shorten it from the top opening? I ask this because the hand opening is like a shirt with the vertical slit and button closure (if that makes sense), so it can't just be cut off from that end.

Sorry if I've asked too many questions in the "quick question" thread! I didn't know where else to ask this
post #15936 of 16301
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPrest90 View Post
 

Looking for some plain tee shirts. No pockets. White, black, red, etc. Slim/athletic cut. Preferably made in America.

 

Thanks guys

Adam Lippes. Without a doubt the softest, best t-shirts. The missus worked for their shop in Buffalo years ago where i was lucky enough to receive her discount, and these shirts have held up well for nearly 5 years. 

 

http://www.adamlippes.com/shop/collection/basics-men

post #15937 of 16301

Any ideas for a casual brown blucher/derby/plain toe or oxford, something similar to Alden plain toe blucher in brown CXL, dark brown, or cigar? I dig the general shape (maybe something a little less chunky) as well as the contrast stitching and sole. Medium brown to darker brown. Something I can wear with jeans. I'm hard on shoes and this is going to get a ton of wear, so something that will look good when I beat the hell out of it. I'm not opposed to getting the Alden; I'm just considering alternatives.

post #15938 of 16301

the only pair of grenson's i owned were the fred brogue boot and I had to downsize a full size although the fit was relatively narrow- not sure how much this helps but just letting you know

post #15939 of 16301

what kind of material is the jacket? i would say it depends mostly on the fabric you are working with whether or not you should trust a local tailor- but also if its a jacket and you layer it- are the arms still too short?

post #15940 of 16301

cant go wrong here in my opinion and slightly cheaper as well, thom uses the same factory as mcnairy...called sanders and sanders in the UK overall great quality

http://www.endclothing.com/thom-browne-classic-wingtip-shoe.html?173=277&gclid=CMCgj47AtMACFQdcfgodubcAtA

post #15941 of 16301

i swear by this tshirt- amazing quality- made in the us- super soft vintage feel

https://www.meundies.com/products/mens-t-shirt

 

also Levis's LVC tshirts are amazing- not made in the US but still great

 

naked and famous just recently started producing t shirts as well- fit great true to size and made in canada 

post #15942 of 16301
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemc13 View Post

what kind of material is the jacket? i would say it depends mostly on the fabric you are working with whether or not you should trust a local tailor- but also if its a jacket and you layer it- are the arms still too short?

It's cotton with a Polyester lining. The length is improved with layering a jumper underneath but it's more of a spring jacket as its quite thin and looks best with just a shirt under it. I suppose the length is the secondary issue though as it's the arms width that bothers me.
post #15943 of 16301
@musehead
Hi, just joined, specifically to ask you a question about some Ray-Ban Wayfarer's I have... Is this the proper way ? Thanks, KymmyK
post #15944 of 16301
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagz135 View Post
 

Adam Lippes. Without a doubt the softest, best t-shirts. The missus worked for their shop in Buffalo years ago where i was lucky enough to receive her discount, and these shirts have held up well for nearly 5 years. 

 

http://www.adamlippes.com/shop/collection/basics-men

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemc13 View Post
 

i swear by this tshirt- amazing quality- made in the us- super soft vintage feel

https://www.meundies.com/products/mens-t-shirt

 

also Levis's LVC tshirts are amazing- not made in the US but still great

 

naked and famous just recently started producing t shirts as well- fit great true to size and made in canada 

I'll look into them all. Thanks gents!

post #15945 of 16301

Hi!

 

Found i nice item on Yoox, brand name Brian Dales, after some googling i couldn't find any decent information about the brand.

 

Does anybody have any experience with the brand? If yes, what is your toughts regarding the quality of the brand?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here