Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:02 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1060post #15886 of 170988/8/14 at 9:38amWhat's the best way to track down an international EMS package? I have something that was marked delivered by EMS several weeks ago via Fromjapan, but the tracking number expired or something. Fromjapan is also being uncooperative (or at least, uncommunicative). Luckily it was a smaller purchase so I wouldn't be heartbroken if the package really did disappear into the ether, but I'd still like some peace of mind. Thanks all.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15887 of 170988/8/14 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Can anybody point me to some brands that make a cuffed short? I don't really know the correct term, harem? Sarouel? Like a baggy short (not necessarily drop crotch) with a cuff/abrupt taper around the knee?
See it a lot on runways (damir, RO, Geller, Plokhov, Public School, KVA even DVN) but have never really found them for sale. And yes I've looked at all those brands and not found any.
Well for the Geller ones, I have seen a pair of shorts like that from an old season but I believe most of the time it is just his pants with the elastic leg opening that he pushes up. Like the flight pants for example.post #15888 of 170988/8/14 at 7:50pmpost #15889 of 170988/9/14 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmmm. I had thought that might be the case with some brands but most of the Geller stuff is pretty recognizable so I feel like I would recognize the flight pants even if they're pushed up. It seems really weird though that it's so common on runway shit but so rare in stores, which is why I'm wondering if I just don't know the correct term so my searches come up empty.post #15890 of 170988/10/14 at 11:47amA little while ago I remember seeing something about a new Ivy-League-prep style clothing company (it might have been in gq). The style was kind of like jcrew mixed with brooks bros, and it might have even had prep in the name or a university in the name like "Harvard prep" or something, but I'm really not sure. The clothes were from the house brand I believe (it wasn't just a reseller).
Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?post #15891 of 170988/11/14 at 8:42pmpost #15892 of 170988/11/14 at 10:56pmpost #15893 of 170988/12/14 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by ChillieWillie
I'm new to this forum and wasn't sure where to ask for a fit check.
I'm looking for a Fall/Winter jacket and came upon this.
What do you guys think?
I don't usually comment here, but I was looking to see if someone answered my question, then I read yours. That jacket is really bad. Too short, too tight, looks very cheap euro/overly modern. I'd be much more concerned about the jacket itself rather than the size (i.e. don't take this as a suggestion to buy the size up).
Is that your filson bag in the background? If so, you should know better when it comes to quality haha. Finally, the jacket doesn't work with your rugged bag/boots look at all (nor does the slim purple shirt really).
Don't buy it.post #15894 of 170988/12/14 at 7:08pm
Would it be appropriate to wear heavy wool coats in the Bay Area?
In the winter, the coldest it gets is around 40 degrees. It usually averages to ~52-55 throughout the day.
Would it look out of place?
For reference, I have several peacoats in black, charcoal, camel and olive, a 35" long duffel coat in navy, and a camel "car" coat. I'll probably have a collared shirt + sweater underneath, and semi-faded raw denim and chukka boots. The setting would be in a college campus.post #15895 of 170988/12/14 at 7:39pmpost #15896 of 170988/13/14 at 8:38pmpost #15897 of 170988/13/14 at 8:40pmpost #15898 of 170988/14/14 at 6:45amQuote:
Pics or it never happened....post #15899 of 170988/14/14 at 12:07pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 14 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › How Does This Suit Fit Me? 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...