Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:20 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1060post #15886 of 177858/8/14 at 9:38amWhat's the best way to track down an international EMS package? I have something that was marked delivered by EMS several weeks ago via Fromjapan, but the tracking number expired or something. Fromjapan is also being uncooperative (or at least, uncommunicative). Luckily it was a smaller purchase so I wouldn't be heartbroken if the package really did disappear into the ether, but I'd still like some peace of mind. Thanks all.post #15887 of 177858/8/14 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum
Can anybody point me to some brands that make a cuffed short? I don't really know the correct term, harem? Sarouel? Like a baggy short (not necessarily drop crotch) with a cuff/abrupt taper around the knee?
See it a lot on runways (damir, RO, Geller, Plokhov, Public School, KVA even DVN) but have never really found them for sale. And yes I've looked at all those brands and not found any.
Well for the Geller ones, I have seen a pair of shorts like that from an old season but I believe most of the time it is just his pants with the elastic leg opening that he pushes up. Like the flight pants for example.post #15888 of 177858/8/14 at 7:50pmpost #15889 of 177858/9/14 at 4:33amQuote:
Hmmm. I had thought that might be the case with some brands but most of the Geller stuff is pretty recognizable so I feel like I would recognize the flight pants even if they're pushed up. It seems really weird though that it's so common on runway shit but so rare in stores, which is why I'm wondering if I just don't know the correct term so my searches come up empty.post #15890 of 177858/10/14 at 11:47amA little while ago I remember seeing something about a new Ivy-League-prep style clothing company (it might have been in gq). The style was kind of like jcrew mixed with brooks bros, and it might have even had prep in the name or a university in the name like "Harvard prep" or something, but I'm really not sure. The clothes were from the house brand I believe (it wasn't just a reseller).
Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?post #15891 of 177858/11/14 at 8:42pmpost #15892 of 177858/11/14 at 10:56pmpost #15893 of 177858/12/14 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by ChillieWillie
I'm new to this forum and wasn't sure where to ask for a fit check.
I'm looking for a Fall/Winter jacket and came upon this.
What do you guys think?
I don't usually comment here, but I was looking to see if someone answered my question, then I read yours. That jacket is really bad. Too short, too tight, looks very cheap euro/overly modern. I'd be much more concerned about the jacket itself rather than the size (i.e. don't take this as a suggestion to buy the size up).
Is that your filson bag in the background? If so, you should know better when it comes to quality haha. Finally, the jacket doesn't work with your rugged bag/boots look at all (nor does the slim purple shirt really).
Don't buy it.post #15894 of 177858/12/14 at 7:08pm
Would it be appropriate to wear heavy wool coats in the Bay Area?
In the winter, the coldest it gets is around 40 degrees. It usually averages to ~52-55 throughout the day.
Would it look out of place?
For reference, I have several peacoats in black, charcoal, camel and olive, a 35" long duffel coat in navy, and a camel "car" coat. I'll probably have a collared shirt + sweater underneath, and semi-faded raw denim and chukka boots. The setting would be in a college campus.post #15895 of 177858/12/14 at 7:39pmpost #15896 of 177858/13/14 at 8:38pmpost #15897 of 177858/13/14 at 8:40pmpost #15898 of 177858/14/14 at 6:45amQuote:
Pics or it never happened....post #15899 of 177858/14/14 at 12:07pmpost #15900 of 177858/14/14 at 11:31pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › things that are making you happy 23 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 37 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 6 minutes ago
- › DanWard Leather Sandals Size 43 (US 10) Brand New 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding