Thank you gent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:05 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1057post #15842 of 178007/30/14 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by ricefarmer4life
Hi, first time buying higher quality shoes that aren't AE park ave and don't want to make a style mistake. Would you consider these two loafers square toe? And do you think they are a good choice?
Yes they are square toed. Don't buy them.Quote:
I wouldnt wear dressier shoes with scrubs. You can't wear sneakers?post #15843 of 178007/31/14 at 8:05am
I'm looking for pants that either have ribbed cuffs or a small leg opening or zip close so leg opening is small. Preferably a bit loose on the upper part and has aggressive taper. Also want like a sweatpant material but not sweatpants if you know what i mean. I basically want a fabric that can stretch a bit and is wearable year round. Anyone have suggestions?post #15844 of 178007/31/14 at 9:20amIt's probably not your ideal solution, but Lanvin biker pants might do.
They've made them a bunch of times in various fabrics (khaki cotton, wool flannel) the last few seasons, and they've shown up on eBay for under $300 if the MSRP is off-putting.post #15845 of 178007/31/14 at 1:37pmpost #15846 of 178007/31/14 at 8:27pm
Is it normal for some shoes to slip on the heels when first being worn?
I typically take a 9.5UK in most Carmina lasts, which fits snug but not uncomfortable. The heel has never slipped. I recently tried a 10UK on a familiar last and found more room in the toebox (unsurprisingly), but also some heel slipping.
How much slipping is too much? Will this go away as the shoes break in? I can still return them for a few days, as I haven't worn them outside. They feel very comfy and roomy on the toes, but I'm hesitant about the heels.post #15847 of 178008/2/14 at 12:40pmpost #15848 of 178008/3/14 at 9:10am
Some general color questions; besides matching navy with navy, and charcoal, grey, black with themselves, can black tops go with indigo or navy bottoms? Does indigo match better with navy or black? This is for streetwear, no pattern, clean tops like a black sweater with jeans or navy trousers; and assuming the different colors like indigo and black are around the same tone. Also, would a charcoal/grey coat compared to black or navy go with the most kinds of pants from jeans to trousers? Thanks.post #15849 of 178008/3/14 at 11:32am
Could someone help me decide whether it is okay to combine a hush puppies suede shoe almost in this color
with this Col littleton dark brown belt?
I'm wearing them with a j crew 484 jeans with a polka dots shirt tucked in. I'm afraid the shoe and the belt might not match at all leading me to embarrass myself. What do you think?post #15850 of 178008/3/14 at 2:50pmpost #15851 of 178008/3/14 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mapkos13
Anyone want to take a stab at the shoes in this Trunk a Club box?
I was guessing AE's but I can't find anything quite like them.
Love the color and the sole.
If you know please let me in on it.
Thanks image.jpg 322k .jpg file
They are J. Shoes Charlie in Glow colorpost #15852 of 178008/3/14 at 4:12pmpost #15853 of 178008/3/14 at 4:54pmpost #15854 of 178008/3/14 at 6:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Groves
Can anyone make any recommendations on raw jeans with a high seat that won't break the bank? Entry level is fine.
Given my odd proportions, I'm having no luck with jeans. Almost all of them sag from the back, while the front stays where it's at. Like a \ almost (not as extreme, obviously). I was told that I may simply need a high seat. I tried to give a pair of PNS a shot, but felt they were way too skinny from the knees down (I understand this is intended, but didn't expect it to be as extreme as it was). Tried NS, but had issues in the back (fit in the seat and thighs, but my waist is on the slimmer end of things and I had this giant ring of denim just floating there).
Entry level 150 - 250post #15855 of 178008/3/14 at 6:46pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 23 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 24 minutes ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 24 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...