Thank you gent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 3/10/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:41 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/13/15 at 2:34am in Streetwear and Denim
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1057
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15842 of 170297/30/14 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by ricefarmer4life
Hi, first time buying higher quality shoes that aren't AE park ave and don't want to make a style mistake. Would you consider these two loafers square toe? And do you think they are a good choice?
Yes they are square toed. Don't buy them.Quote:
I wouldnt wear dressier shoes with scrubs. You can't wear sneakers?post #15843 of 170297/31/14 at 8:05am
I'm looking for pants that either have ribbed cuffs or a small leg opening or zip close so leg opening is small. Preferably a bit loose on the upper part and has aggressive taper. Also want like a sweatpant material but not sweatpants if you know what i mean. I basically want a fabric that can stretch a bit and is wearable year round. Anyone have suggestions?post #15844 of 170297/31/14 at 9:20amIt's probably not your ideal solution, but Lanvin biker pants might do.
They've made them a bunch of times in various fabrics (khaki cotton, wool flannel) the last few seasons, and they've shown up on eBay for under $300 if the MSRP is off-putting.post #15845 of 170297/31/14 at 1:37pmpost #15846 of 170297/31/14 at 8:27pm
Is it normal for some shoes to slip on the heels when first being worn?
I typically take a 9.5UK in most Carmina lasts, which fits snug but not uncomfortable. The heel has never slipped. I recently tried a 10UK on a familiar last and found more room in the toebox (unsurprisingly), but also some heel slipping.
How much slipping is too much? Will this go away as the shoes break in? I can still return them for a few days, as I haven't worn them outside. They feel very comfy and roomy on the toes, but I'm hesitant about the heels.post #15847 of 170298/2/14 at 12:40pmpost #15848 of 170298/3/14 at 9:10am
Some general color questions; besides matching navy with navy, and charcoal, grey, black with themselves, can black tops go with indigo or navy bottoms? Does indigo match better with navy or black? This is for streetwear, no pattern, clean tops like a black sweater with jeans or navy trousers; and assuming the different colors like indigo and black are around the same tone. Also, would a charcoal/grey coat compared to black or navy go with the most kinds of pants from jeans to trousers? Thanks.post #15849 of 170298/3/14 at 11:32am
Could someone help me decide whether it is okay to combine a hush puppies suede shoe almost in this color
with this Col littleton dark brown belt?
I'm wearing them with a j crew 484 jeans with a polka dots shirt tucked in. I'm afraid the shoe and the belt might not match at all leading me to embarrass myself. What do you think?post #15850 of 170298/3/14 at 2:50pmpost #15851 of 170298/3/14 at 2:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by mapkos13
Anyone want to take a stab at the shoes in this Trunk a Club box?
I was guessing AE's but I can't find anything quite like them.
Love the color and the sole.
If you know please let me in on it.
Thanks image.jpg 322k .jpg file
They are J. Shoes Charlie in Glow colorpost #15852 of 170298/3/14 at 4:12pmpost #15853 of 170298/3/14 at 4:54pmpost #15854 of 170298/3/14 at 6:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Groves
Can anyone make any recommendations on raw jeans with a high seat that won't break the bank? Entry level is fine.
Given my odd proportions, I'm having no luck with jeans. Almost all of them sag from the back, while the front stays where it's at. Like a \ almost (not as extreme, obviously). I was told that I may simply need a high seat. I tried to give a pair of PNS a shot, but felt they were way too skinny from the knees down (I understand this is intended, but didn't expect it to be as extreme as it was). Tried NS, but had issues in the back (fit in the seat and thighs, but my waist is on the slimmer end of things and I had this giant ring of denim just floating there).
Entry level 150 - 250
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 55 seconds ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 1 minute ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...