or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 1021

post #15301 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Impulsv View Post

I'm looking for something with a slightly wider lapel.

Brooks, J Press, PRL... what other stores would you say are J Crew level, or a slight upgrade?

Club Monaco?
post #15302 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackDonDraper View Post

Hey,

I read earlier in this thread that sale codes work on ludlow and other excluded items in the first few hours of a sale.

This still true? I'm thinking of picking up a navy linen suit while its still 30% off. Should I grab it now or wait?

The ultimate question!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

U better buy it now than wait, summer is around the corner and 30% is about as good as it gets on suits.
post #15303 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackDonDraper View Post

Hey,

I read earlier in this thread that sale codes work on ludlow and other excluded items in the first few hours of a sale.

This still true? I'm thinking of picking up a navy linen suit while its still 30% off. Should I grab it now or wait?

The ultimate question!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

U better buy it now than wait, summer is around the corner and 30% is about as good as it gets on suits.
Yeah I agree, gotta get the lady on board by tonight lol. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4
post #15304 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris95 View Post
 

What shoes is he wearing like brand and style? If you don't know the exact brand has anyone got anything that's similar? Also any links to the jacket? 

 

Cheers

 

 

 

These are lug soled work boots.  Probably Red Wings.

 

I have a similar pair from Chippewa, but I bet the leather is a lot nicer on the Red Wings.

post #15305 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

would you pay $600 for RL Marlow Penny or $600 for a pair of customized rancourt boat shoes and their venitian loafer?


Buy RL Penny seconds from AE.

post #15306 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAJJLLPP View Post


Their chelsea boots are way more versatile than those. The chelseas look great with everything from jeans, to even some suits if done right. Do you have something against chelsea boots? Just wondering because youre asking about the riggers, and i noticed in another thread about a pair of their casual shoes with moc toe and lugs (IMO they are ugly). When a pair of their craftsman or gardeners are kinda the obvious first pick from RM Williams. I dont think you would regret getting a pair of their chelseas, they are very nice.

Hey there, thanks for the reply!

 

The reason I was looking at the Riggers was because I intend to wear them daily, and I need them to withstand whatever winter throws at them (including heavy rain). I appreciate the skill it takes to make a boot like the Chelsea, but the style isn't something that clicks with me, unfortunately. They're also very expensive.

post #15307 of 16372

EDIT: Not really a quick question, and I don't really need an urgent answer. Ignore this post. Getting rid of it to clear up space and keep from wasting anyone's time. 


Edited by RandomGentleman - 5/1/14 at 1:36pm
post #15308 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by digga View Post

These are lug soled work boots.  Probably Red Wings.

I have a similar pair from Chippewa, but I bet the leather is a lot nicer on the Red Wings.

Ah thank you! I've just searched for your description and the results have the most similar shoes I've seen so far. I've been told everything for them from oxfords to brogues.
post #15309 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
 

Hey there, thanks for the reply!

 

The reason I was looking at the Riggers was because I intend to wear them daily, and I need them to withstand whatever winter throws at them (including heavy rain). I appreciate the skill it takes to make a boot like the Chelsea, but the style isn't something that clicks with me, unfortunately. They're also very expensive.

 

If you don't feel the Chelsea's are your style then go for the riggers if you like them, I'm sure they're great boots. Just wanted to add though that a pair of gardeners would be every bit as tough as those riggers for heavy winter use, they're super tough boots, Craftsman are a bit more delicate though. And the pricing I have seen only puts the gardeners around 20$ more. But in the end, none of that matters if the riggers are the ones that catch your eye.

post #15310 of 16372

I'm a newbie to this forum. I have a question: What are good brands for leather briefcases/messenger bags/backpacks?

In my criteria, a good brand is: quality leather, reasonable price, stylish design, great customer service. 

I have checked out Saddleback Leather and Leydon & Sons. However they seem not to match my style. I usually wear oxford, jeans/corduroy pants/chino, shirts with cufflinks, and sometimes blazer. Their bags seem to be on the "rugged" side, while I prefer stylish, European, and semi-casual fashion. 

Can anyone recommend me any good brand that matches my style? I am now very interested in JP Marcellino design. However they are too expensive too me. I can only afford somewhere in $500's range.

 

Thank you.

post #15311 of 16372
Kill spencer might be too "fashunz" but their leather goods are well made and well priced
post #15312 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultaVexillum View Post

Kill spencer might be too "fashunz" but their leather goods are well made and well priced

Thanks for your feedback.

 

I am also interested in this Bosca. It also represents my leather bag preference. Does anyone know any brands that make bags like this? And by the way, what do you think about this Bosca bag? (Price, Leather Quality)

http://www.zappos.com/bosca-old-leather-collection-partners-brief-cognac-leather

post #15313 of 16372

Hey all,

 

I'm looking for a pair of grey and/or black sweatpants to use at the gym. In particular, I'm looking for a pair that aren't too slim or too baggy, and that especially aren't "saggy" around the butt. I'm also looking to not spend more than $120.

 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated 

post #15314 of 16372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith15 View Post
 

Hey all,

 

I'm looking for a pair of grey and/or black sweatpants to use at the gym. In particular, I'm looking for a pair that aren't too slim or too baggy, and that especially aren't "saggy" around the butt. I'm also looking to not spend more than $120.

 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated 


Reigning Champ?

post #15315 of 16372
Can a shoe be too expensive for a wardrobe?

I really have my heart set on a pair of Alden LHS in #8 shell, but they'd be the most expensive article of clothing I own. This would be over a Ludlow suit, a SuitSupply suit, and a ~$300 blazer. I already have a pair of black AEs captoes to wear for formal occasions, so this would be my first nice, general shoe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here