or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 958

post #14356 of 16297
Can someone recommend me a good proxy to buy things from Y! Japan auctions
post #14357 of 16297
from Japan
post #14358 of 16297
Quote: Do not, under any circumstances, wear a black shirt with the blazer. You're not a bouncer at some third-rate night club; you're a member of the wedding party, for gosh sakes. Get all the groomsmen to wear white spread-collar shirts and ties. You and the newlyweds will thank me now, and in 15 years when you look at the pictures and don't have the "what the heck were we thinking" moment had you donned black shirts.
Originally Posted by bingo View Post
 

Any suggestions on what kind of shoes go with this blazer and blue jeans? I will be wearing this to a wedding reception and the attire is very informal.

 

http://www.guessfactory.com/en/Catalog/View/men/blazers-jackets/guess-davis-zip-blazer/X31N05W4E00 - Indigo color

 

p.s. 1 -  before you guys comment on how cheap this blazer is, the groom bought it for me and couple of other so that we can all be in the same blazer. We have no concept of "best man", but if we had we three will be like that

 

p.s. 2 - I'm planning on wearing black shirt instead of white one. Comments/Suggestions welcome :) 

post #14359 of 16297

Thank you for answering! 

I will be returning it promptly. 

I have been attempting to ditch all graphic tees and hoodies, but I was just accepted into that university so it was an attempt to acquire some spirited apparel. I'll keep on looking for something better. 

 

btw if you don't mind me asking, 

I started looking at stores like BR and J crew (i know they're not the best, but i feel as though they're fine for a high schooler?) and i find myself wearing more and more plain-colored t shirts with jeans and chinos. Is this fine, or should i step up my game before building a wardrobe that solely consists of basics. 

post #14360 of 16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy96 View Post

Thank you for answering! 
I will be returning it promptly. 
I have been attempting to ditch all graphic tees and hoodies, but I was just accepted into that university so it was an attempt to acquire some spirited apparel. I'll keep on looking for something better. 

btw if you don't mind me asking, 
I started looking at stores like BR and J crew (i know they're not the best, but i feel as though they're fine for a high schooler?) and i find myself wearing more and more plain-colored t shirts with jeans and chinos. Is this fine, or should i step up my game before building a wardrobe that solely consists of basics. 
I wouldn't knock someone wearing BR or J Crew of any age. If you're in high school I really wouldn't worry too much about "stepping it up" unless you feel you'd like to dress better. You also run the risk of looking like a douche if you're the only one in a classroom wearing a suit or something. It's nice to have more in your wardrobe besides t-shirts and something for formal occasions but I really wouldn't stress about it too much.
post #14361 of 16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post

Recently bought a pair of brown tweed trousers:

http://www.howardyount.com/products/herringbone-tweed-pants-brown



They're a little outside my grey/blue comfort zone and I'm curious what shirt/shoes colors to wear with them. They do have appear to have some green flecks in them like a rich complex tweed can. My workplace is no jacket/no tie so those aren't a near-term concern.

Any fail-safe ideas? Pics appreciated (Google image search oddly provided precious few). Thanks.
Nice, I'm surprised you're comfortable wearing tweed when your location says you live in FL! That's such a neutral color I'm wondering why you're concerned. I'd wear it with other neutral, muted, or earth tones and nothing colorful.
post #14362 of 16297

Going out to a semi-formal dinner with the family tonight. I was thinking Black wingtip shoes, Charcoal wool pants, white OCBD, and black wool peacoat. No tie seeing as I wont be wearing a jacket.  

 

Asking for Suggestions.  For instance should i go white dress shirt, or stick with the OCBD.  Or should I go blue dress shirt instead of the white. 

post #14363 of 16297
OCBD is fine. No "fun socks" please.
post #14364 of 16297
Anyone know where I can get a belt with a hidden fastening so you just see the leather without seeing any metal buckle? I know margiela makes them but they are out of my price range.
post #14365 of 16297

Hi,

 

Is there someone with a good suggestion for a suede blucher? I really like the style of the Alden plain toe blucher (see below), but sadly enough I can not say the same about the price. The maximum that I would like to spend is about 300$.  

 

 

Greetings!

post #14366 of 16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post

Recently bought a pair of brown tweed trousers:

http://www.howardyount.com/products/herringbone-tweed-pants-brown



They're a little outside my grey/blue comfort zone and I'm curious what shirt/shoes colors to wear with them. They do have appear to have some green flecks in them like a rich complex tweed can. My workplace is no jacket/no tie so those aren't a near-term concern.

Any fail-safe ideas? Pics appreciated (Google image search oddly provided precious few). Thanks.
Nice, I'm surprised you're comfortable wearing tweed when your location says you live in FL! That's such a neutral color I'm wondering why you're concerned. I'd wear it with other neutral, muted, or earth tones and nothing colorful.

Thanks - I bought them knowing they may only see regular wear during a short time of the year but I really like heavier wools for their drape and texture vs. paper-thin tropical weight. I do go from A/C apt. to A/C car to A/C office and back the same way a lot of days so their warmth isn't hugely prohibitive.

I guess I was also thinking about what shade brown shoes/belt. Is it more common to go darker than the brown of the pants, or does tan work as well?
post #14367 of 16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian278 View Post

Thanks - I bought them knowing they may only see regular wear during a short time of the year but I really like heavier wools for their drape and texture vs. paper-thin tropical weight. I do go from A/C apt. to A/C car to A/C office and back the same way a lot of days so their warmth isn't hugely prohibitive.

I guess I was also thinking about what shade brown shoes/belt. Is it more common to go darker than the brown of the pants, or does tan work as well?
What time of year do you wear them? Does anyone ever do a double-take? Sorry I'm giving you a lot of questions when you came looking for answers. Haha. I just considered moving to FL at some point but I was saddened by the idea of having to give up all my tweed stuff and knitwear.

I think you could go either way since they're both neutral. However since tweed is generally warn in colder areas and times of year I think the tendency is to go darker in general and might look a bit better.
post #14368 of 16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

What time of year do you wear them? Does anyone ever do a double-take? Sorry I'm giving you a lot of questions when you came looking for answers. Haha. I just considered moving to FL at some point but I was saddened by the idea of having to give up all my tweed stuff and knitwear.

I think you could go either way since they're both neutral. However since tweed is generally warn in colder areas and times of year I think the tendency is to go darker in general and might look a bit better.

Well, winter, which here is really just a sum total of the coldest days smattered across a few months. It was a gorgeous, breezy, clear-skyed and sunny 75 degrees today (the reason we all tolerate the long, humid summers), but still too warm to be comfortable outside in these. Haven't had the chance to have them hemmed yet so they haven't actually seen active duty yet, but I'm hoping to have them ready for a truly "cold" day (which for us means overcast with a high in the 50s) where I can pair them with a navy sweater and take a long walk for lunch and be perfectly comfortable. I suppose heavier tweed is fairly rare but not unheard of down here, again because with garages at home and work and a white collar profession you can get through most weekdays spending precious little time outdoors.

Appreciate your thoughts.
post #14369 of 16297

Any suggestions on Ivory color blazers that cost less than $150? Event is semi-formal and I will be wearing blazer+jeans. I don't wear blazers at all usually so I don't want to splurge a lot of money on what could possibly be used just one time. thanks

post #14370 of 16297
Quote:
Originally Posted by loarbmhs View Post
 

 

Lol.. you are right.. I tried on a black shirt with that blazer and it did look fugly.. thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here