Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:58 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Last edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Tremont LastLast edited: 3/31/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 945post #14161 of 1779512/14/13 at 5:48pmDefinitely don't soak. Try to wait about six months before the first time you soak them, then use lukewarm water in a bath tub with some woolite dark for about 30 minutes and hang dry after rinsing with cold water. They'll shrink a touch but just do some squats in them and you'll be set.post #14162 of 1779512/14/13 at 5:49pmpost #14163 of 1779512/15/13 at 7:46am
I've been struggling to find a coat that fits me in South Korea. I'm going to take the sides in a bit later, but I wanted to ask you guys if the shoulders are ok or overall should I go down a size. Its not the best quality material size, but I need something for internship interviews and in Korea, unless I'm getting made to measure or bespoke ( or the horrible tailors at Itaewon), size wise I'm screwed. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you all!
P.S. Excuse the mess in the back... i live in a box.post #14164 of 1779512/15/13 at 10:41ampost #14165 of 1779512/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:
Woolite for dark clothes works well. You also need to make sure you wash dark items by themselves and make sure that there is as much water as possible in the tank. Turning items inside out also can help.post #14166 of 1779512/15/13 at 11:46amQuote:
They only have one sweater I want, 100 wool, on discount for $125 from $200. But pilling after two wears is unacceptable. I have 100 cashmeres, which should be more fragile, that haven't pilled after weeks of wear.post #14167 of 1779512/15/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Can you post pics of your cashmere collection?post #14168 of 1779512/15/13 at 12:22pm
Thanks to all the serious replies to questions on the selvedge denim.
I took the leap and soaked yesterday evening. I did two things:
1) Wore them in the shower. Read up on this somewhere else. Probably wasn't necessary, but wore them in the shower in slightly warm water.
2) Then I put them in the washer. I filled the washer with the warm setting for water (which is really just lukewarm) and topped it off with the hot water setting for a few seconds. Weighed them down with full shampoo bottles and such.
The result is great. They faded just a bit, but they're still really dark. The purpose here was to get rid of some bleeding. I prefer the original look that is slightly darker (I have two pair), but the difference is very subtle. Only thing is that they were a bit wrinkled. I shook them out before hang drying them, but I of course couldn't get them perfect. So less than 24 hours later they dried and I took my industrial steamer to them. Didn't entirely get them flat, but the wrinkling is pretty much gone and no wear marks/whiskering at all which is what I want because I want them to come strictly from. Also, not shrinkage anywhere. Again, these are Gap Japanese Selvegde jeans and while the garment itself doesn't say "raw denim" anywhere, the website does.
Overall I'm thrilled with the result. Just threw them on and they look great. Thanks again for all the replies and I hope that this helps anyone else out.post #14169 of 1779512/15/13 at 1:31pm
Hey guys, so my denim jackets have finally come in these past couple days. Could 'all help me decide which one to keep: Kill City or Levi's?
Kill City: fits shoulders, boxy, 2% spandex, contrast sleeves, raw black, long sleeves
Levi's: Fits shoulders, pretty narrow waist, semi-faded, shorter sleevespost #14170 of 1779512/15/13 at 3:33pmpost #14171 of 1779512/15/13 at 3:35pmAny suggestions for grey selvage that fits like APC PS?
(And I know that APC makes a PS in grey but I'm looking for a darker shade and with selvage. Or is APC's pair selvage?
N&F's grey weird guy selvage has the kind of shade of grey/look I'm looking for (if only they had made them in a skinny guy fit):post #14172 of 1779512/16/13 at 12:34am
Does anybody have experience with the Plokhov tanker trousers that have button closures at the cuffs? What happens to the cuffs if my legs are shorter than the inseam? Will I need to alter it or will it look okay? With other pants, I can just let them bunch up, but I am worried about the button cuffspost #14173 of 1779512/16/13 at 2:35ampost #14174 of 1779512/16/13 at 12:36pmpost #14175 of 1779512/16/13 at 12:43pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton Last
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 13 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on Thursday Boot Company Kickstarer? 17 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 38 seconds ago
- › Grand Seiko SBGV005 Quartz Cream Sunburst Dial 56 seconds ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Deconstructed Z Zegna suit 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...