Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemZegna Z Zegna navy striped wool 'Drop 8' 2-button suit with flat front pantstagged by mdmast, 2/16/14
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to support the Ronald McDonald... Last post on 4/2/15 at 3:45pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:29 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:40 am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here - Page 945post #14161 of 1711012/14/13 at 5:48pmDefinitely don't soak. Try to wait about six months before the first time you soak them, then use lukewarm water in a bath tub with some woolite dark for about 30 minutes and hang dry after rinsing with cold water. They'll shrink a touch but just do some squats in them and you'll be set.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14162 of 1711012/14/13 at 5:49pmpost #14163 of 1711012/15/13 at 7:46am
I've been struggling to find a coat that fits me in South Korea. I'm going to take the sides in a bit later, but I wanted to ask you guys if the shoulders are ok or overall should I go down a size. Its not the best quality material size, but I need something for internship interviews and in Korea, unless I'm getting made to measure or bespoke ( or the horrible tailors at Itaewon), size wise I'm screwed. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you all!
P.S. Excuse the mess in the back... i live in a box.post #14164 of 1711012/15/13 at 10:41ampost #14165 of 1711012/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:
Woolite for dark clothes works well. You also need to make sure you wash dark items by themselves and make sure that there is as much water as possible in the tank. Turning items inside out also can help.post #14166 of 1711012/15/13 at 11:46amQuote:
They only have one sweater I want, 100 wool, on discount for $125 from $200. But pilling after two wears is unacceptable. I have 100 cashmeres, which should be more fragile, that haven't pilled after weeks of wear.post #14167 of 1711012/15/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
Can you post pics of your cashmere collection?post #14168 of 1711012/15/13 at 12:22pm
Thanks to all the serious replies to questions on the selvedge denim.
I took the leap and soaked yesterday evening. I did two things:
1) Wore them in the shower. Read up on this somewhere else. Probably wasn't necessary, but wore them in the shower in slightly warm water.
2) Then I put them in the washer. I filled the washer with the warm setting for water (which is really just lukewarm) and topped it off with the hot water setting for a few seconds. Weighed them down with full shampoo bottles and such.
The result is great. They faded just a bit, but they're still really dark. The purpose here was to get rid of some bleeding. I prefer the original look that is slightly darker (I have two pair), but the difference is very subtle. Only thing is that they were a bit wrinkled. I shook them out before hang drying them, but I of course couldn't get them perfect. So less than 24 hours later they dried and I took my industrial steamer to them. Didn't entirely get them flat, but the wrinkling is pretty much gone and no wear marks/whiskering at all which is what I want because I want them to come strictly from. Also, not shrinkage anywhere. Again, these are Gap Japanese Selvegde jeans and while the garment itself doesn't say "raw denim" anywhere, the website does.
Overall I'm thrilled with the result. Just threw them on and they look great. Thanks again for all the replies and I hope that this helps anyone else out.post #14169 of 1711012/15/13 at 1:31pm
Hey guys, so my denim jackets have finally come in these past couple days. Could 'all help me decide which one to keep: Kill City or Levi's?
Kill City: fits shoulders, boxy, 2% spandex, contrast sleeves, raw black, long sleeves
Levi's: Fits shoulders, pretty narrow waist, semi-faded, shorter sleevespost #14170 of 1711012/15/13 at 3:33pmpost #14171 of 1711012/15/13 at 3:35pmAny suggestions for grey selvage that fits like APC PS?
(And I know that APC makes a PS in grey but I'm looking for a darker shade and with selvage. Or is APC's pair selvage?
N&F's grey weird guy selvage has the kind of shade of grey/look I'm looking for (if only they had made them in a skinny guy fit):post #14172 of 1711012/16/13 at 12:34am
Does anybody have experience with the Plokhov tanker trousers that have button closures at the cuffs? What happens to the cuffs if my legs are shorter than the inseam? Will I need to alter it or will it look okay? With other pants, I can just let them bunch up, but I am worried about the button cuffspost #14173 of 1711012/16/13 at 2:35ampost #14174 of 1711012/16/13 at 12:36pm
- Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Master Bath Remodel Project 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...